Has anyone used the new lifeproof for 6 and 6s ?

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering. I have been contemplating the defender and the fre case and almost made my mind up on the fre. I just wanted to make sure that the screen protector fit fairly flush on the screen. The one for my 4s was almost not even noticeable and the call quality is still good.

Any advice would be great.

Smokeless Joe

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the fre' for my 6s and I love it. It accepts my aftermarket charger and fits like a glove. I have not tried it underwater but then again I never did on any of my previous lifeproof cases. Used mostly for protection from the unexpected rain storm while out on the bike.

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a defender on my 6s and once in a while i have to press twice to get something but overall works well.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone. I bit the bullet and bought it tonight. So far the only sacrifices you have to make for this case is the speaker quality and screen quality. I love that you don't even realize that there's a screen on it when you're typing. Way better than older ones.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I used the Fre on my iPhone 6 and it was incredible. Been in countless pools, the Atlantic Ocean, and even through a couple sandstorms and extended climbs. It's leaps and bounds better than a Defender (mainly because it's dust and waterproof). A++. Just be sure to water test the case before you put your phone in it.

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I had the Defender on my 6 and at the bottom where the finger print sensor is got scuffed up and it left a rectangle around the sensor. Hard to explain, but there are 2 different layers of plastic down there on the Defender and it scratched a rectangle into the glass.

I got the Fre after this happened and I love the hell out of it. So much that I bought a brand new on for my brand new 6s.

jamesedward318

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the LP on my 6 and ended up going to the TECH 21 Mesh case. Because I live in Cleveland I think I will be going back to the LP soon.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I used the Fre on my iPhone 6 and it was incredible. Been in countless pools, the Atlantic Ocean, and even through a couple sandstorms and extended climbs. It's leaps and bounds better than a Defender (mainly because it's dust and waterproof). A++. Just be sure to water test the case before you put your phone in it.

I am going to try not to plan on jumping onto any pools lol. I'm just looking to be comfortable around random stuff. I was removing a dram from a jeep yesterday and having this case on with my hands all greasy and rusty really kept me feeling warm and fuzzy inside.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

I used my last lifeproof in a pool and it performed flawlessly. This I don't think I'm going to attempt that but it's nice feeling safe of something happens. Lol

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the LP on my 6 and ended up going to the TECH 21 Mesh case. Because I live in Cleveland I think I will be going back to the LP soon.

I know here in New England I'll be thankful once the winter hits and I'm snow blowing without a worry with the phone in my pocket.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Don't forget to look closely at the plastic covering the flash from time to time. My wife had her fre for maybe 5-6 months, then I noticed the clear plastic over the led flash was compromised. She isn't particularly hard on her phones and cases so I was surprised to see that. It did make it trough the summer and many pool, six flags, water park trips. I performed a warranty claim online and had a replacement sent at no cost in a week or less.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget to look closely at the plastic covering the flash from time to time. My wife had her fre for maybe 5-6 months, then I noticed the clear plastic over the led flash was compromised. She isn't particularly hard on her phones and cases so I was surprised to see that. It did make it trough the summer and many pool, six flags, water park trips. I performed a warranty claim online and had a replacement sent at no cost in a week or less.

I'll definitely keep an eye on that. Thanks!

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I have the pink frē for the 6 on my 6s. It fits just fine. Best Buy price matched Amazon so I picked the case up for $44.99, great savings.... I'd recommend it. It's very slim and the grip is good.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the pink frē for the 6 on my 6s. It fits just fine. Best Buy price matched Amazon so I picked the case up for $44.99, great savings.... I'd recommend it. It's very slim and the grip is good.

I am actually thinking of returning mine. Not sure yet. People complain if the phones not directly in front of my mouth when talking to them. I may call their cs and see if there's any fix.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I am actually thinking of returning mine. Not sure yet. People complain if the phones not directly in front of my mouth when talking to them. I may call their cs and see if there's any fix.

Ah yeah, I've heard of this problem with Lifeproof cases before. I don't have this issue, but I also don't talk on the phone much. < 100 minutes/month. Good luck with customer service!! Let us know how it goes.

emscapt47

Trusted Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I have the lifeproof fre power for my 6s and this thing is great. I have had issues with lifeproof in the past but I'm glad I bought it. Now the only downfall is the price $130 but I my opinion well worth it..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen