Costco gives 90 day returns on cell phones (FYI)

Allen Gregg

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I've watched the forums for some time but only just now got around to signing up. Recently updated to the 6s plus. But last year and again this year I got my phone via the kiosk at my local Costco and just in case no one realized this, if you go that route, you have 90 days to return the phone and swap it if there is something wrong. To my knowledge all of the carries, including the Apple stores themselves, give a 14 day return before you have to deal with insurance or warranty stuff if something goes wrong. 90 days is very generous. The kiosk employees told me that Costco makes any company that sells via a kiosk in their stores adhere to the store's 90 day return policy which is why they do it.

Anyway - just wanted to pass that on. The selection of phones at these kiosks isn't as extensive as the carrier stores themselves, but they usually have the upper/mid and flagship models for each carrier there. I am not affiliated with Costco or the kiosk companies by the way - I just can't stand the 14 day return stuff on phones at all the other places and last year when I found out you have so much longer at Costco I started preaching about it to people.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
...The kiosk employees told me that Costco makes any company that sells via a kiosk in their stores adhere to the store's 90 day return policy which is why they do it.

You are still responsible for carrier ETF fees and other charges if you have service past the carrier's return timeframe. This is why most companies just follow the carrier's return timelines as to avoid confusion.

Within 90 days you may receive a refund on the handset itself. However, you will still be responsible for any applicable early termination fees if service is canceled after the Trial Period. The Trial Period varies by carrier and State. See carrier Cancellation Policy for details.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73