Camera Focus Problem

Noxzoul

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I have noticed that the rear camera almost will never focus when using anything other than the camera app. Examples being taking a picture to send within Google Hangouts or trying to scan a bar code in the Jawbone UP app. I can switch over to the normal camera app and it works perfect same lighting, same distance, same object. Has anyone else seen this issue before?

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed that the rear camera almost will never focus when using anything other than the camera app. Examples being taking a picture to send within Google Hangouts or trying to scan a bar code in the Jawbone UP app. I can switch over to the normal camera app and it works perfect same lighting, same distance, same object. Has anyone else seen this issue before?

You may have a bad phone. I use barcode readers, take pic of checks in my bank app, pics thru instragram, kik, etc and everything looks as good as using the camera app. I even use Microsoft lens and the documents some out perfect.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Try cleaning the lens on the rear camera and maybe try tapping the screen to get it to manually zoom. There really shouldn't be an issue and your camera might have a defect like mentioned above