I just got an iPhone 6s 128GB. I didn't buy the local version which doesn't have Face Time since the carriers here in Dubai have banned it. I bought the international unlocked version with Face Time.

I first signed into my Apple ID and setup the device as a new device not restoring from my old last year's backup, I then updated to the latest iOS 9.1

I noticed that Face Time and iMessage always say awaiting activation. I tried some possible solutions on the web like turning on / off Radio Cell and keeping WiFi on, then I tried the opposite keeping only the Cell Data on, then I tried using my VPN and connected to the UK/USA servers but that doesn't help. The moment I turn off/on iMessage / Face Time it immediately says error as occurred during activation and it would sit on waiting for activation forever. The error shows up almost instantly when I turn them on it doesn't even sound like it was actually trying to activate.

Now I understand that facetime is banned here but I remember with last year's iPhone 6 that I had I was able to use iMessage / Face Time.

I also made sure that I am logged in with my Apple ID for the usage of iMessage...

what else can I try?
    Last edited by Matrix Leader; 11-08-2015 at 04:29 PM.
    11-08-2015 03:56 PM
    I also ensured that my number IS listed when I open my contacts at the top and the time is correct
    11-08-2015 04:00 PM
    Have you tried logging out of your Apple ID, on your device, then back in?
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    11-08-2015 04:02 PM
    I didn't, let me try that
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    11-08-2015 04:20 PM
    yuppieeeeeee!! that was the last suggestion that I expected to work so I didn't try it before since I thought I just setup everything as a brand new device why would I need to logout/login but it did the trick!! Thank you so much CuppyCake!
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    11-08-2015 04:28 PM
    Hehe you are very welcome =)
    I am glad it worked!

I had this issue before and that is how I resolved it. It seems to be some kind of 'bug' in the service that happens occasionnally!
    11-08-2015 04:32 PM
    Hehe you are very welcome =)
    I am glad it worked!

I had this issue before and that is how I resolved it. It seems to be some kind of 'bug' in the service that happens occasionnally!
    If Apple hired people like you their customer service would be night and day better!
    11-08-2015 04:42 PM
    If Apple hired people like you their customer service would be night and day better!
    Hang around iMore and you'll be an iPhone whiz in no time.
    11-08-2015 05:31 PM
    Another thing that works every time is Resetting Network Settings. You have to reconnect to your wifi connections but that's it. Facetime and iMessage activate each time.

Hope this helps.
    11-09-2015 03:25 PM
    Nothing works for me
    11-11-2015 03:14 PM