Hey,
    I want to purchase Apple case for 6s in silver color.
    - which one do you recommend to buy: Leather or the silicone? an why?
    - what Combination were on the case for silver iPhone Color?

thanks! any options welcome:]
    11-04-2015 05:15 AM
    Welcome to iMore!

This question comes up fairly often... here's a recent thread about the same topic where several have voiced their opinions.

Personally I like the leather. The silicone attracted too much dust/lint and, in my opinion, was more difficult to get out of my pocket due to the extra "stick" in the silicone rubber case vs the leather.
    11-04-2015 05:45 AM
    Welcome.

Personally, I don't recommend silicone case, after only 2 weeks of use it begins to peel at the bottom corner without even fell / got hit.
    also, the silicone material attract every lint and dust.
    11-04-2015 06:03 AM
    I've got both. Prefer leather bc it's classy but the silicone is better for when I run since I don't want to sweat and get the leather wet. Both are great, really. Silicone does attract some lint but I just blow it off. It's not a huge deal.
    11-04-2015 06:19 AM
    I prefer the leather case. I've got a saddle brown one on my space grey 6S and absolutely love it. Very classy look. It has softened over the past few weeks and developed a nice patina. It offers decent protection, but at the same time goes in the pocket easily and is easy to remove so I can get my phone in my armband to run and go to the gym. I also have a silicone case, and while it's nice, it is a lint magnet and doesn't slide in and out of the pocket easily.
    11-04-2015 01:06 PM
    I like the silicone more. The leather is more slippery in my experience, and that's the major reason I want a case - to prevent dropping the phone. My silicone case has not peeled at all.
    11-04-2015 01:10 PM
    If you want a silicone case get any one but the official Apple one. The quality is very poor for the price. It starts peeling apart very quickly.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    11-04-2015 01:32 PM
    Welcome to iMore! It comes down to personal preference. I've owned both styles of cases and have enjoyed them. To me, the leather is classier and has a nicer feel to it. The silicone has a better grip and the rubbery shell probably gives it a little more drop protection than its leather counterpart.
    You really can't go wrong either way. I have a silver 6s Plus with white silicone and blue leather cases.
    11-04-2015 01:33 PM
    Can't speak for the silicon as I've never owned it. Just didn't like it. But I love my leather case. Durable, slight protection and doesn't add bulk.
    11-05-2015 12:20 AM
    both silicon and leather case will cover up the back of your phone, so i don't think color really matters. but still, i would recommend you to buy a leather case cause its better and cool
    11-05-2015 09:04 PM
    I found the silicone case to be very slippery and weird.
    11-06-2015 02:01 AM
    I already answered once but I'd like to vote for leather again. It's that good
    11-06-2015 06:02 AM
    Leather. Looks and feels better. I, personally, have the red leather case on my 6s.
    robertk328 likes this.
    11-06-2015 07:36 AM
    Leather. Looks and feels better. I, personally, have the red leather case on my 6s.
    Do you have the new 6s labeled red case? They supposedly changed the leather so wondering how it holds up over time. I would like red but have seen them get ratty after a bit of use.
    11-06-2015 07:43 AM
    Do you have the new 6s labeled red case? They supposedly changed the leather so wondering how it holds up over time. I would like red but have seen them get ratty after a bit of use.
    I do. Mine seems fine so far. Not really noticed any difference compared to the previous red leather cases I've owned.
    robertk328 likes this.
    11-06-2015 07:46 AM
    I do. Mine seems fine so far. Not really noticed any difference compared to the previous red leather cases I've owned.
    Thanks!
    11-06-2015 08:33 AM
    The leather will be a lot more expensive, but you pay for quality. The only problem with leather is that they will scratch easier so the integrity could be ruined from a single drop.
    11-09-2015 07:27 PM
    You're going to get a lot of opinions on both sides! I have used both, for a while I used the leather black. It was fine. I have since switched to the silicone, to me it looks and feels "richer". I actually prefer that it's not as slippery as the leather, because I keep my phone in my shirt pocket a lot and I can bend all the way over and it does not fall out; so I am not going to drop it when forgetting and bending over to pick something up off the floor for example. I had one of the silicone ones when they first came out and it was a dust magnet. My newer one I bought with an iPhone 6s is much less so, and anything on it comes of with one swift blow of air by me :-)
    11-16-2015 03:38 PM