Can I manage with a 16GB iPhone 6s (I could save only for a 16GB one. :()?

I

iMore Question

Can i manage with a 16GB iPhone 6s? I could save only for a 16GB one. :(

I want to get an iPhone 6s and want to know few user experiences of guys using a 16GB iPhone. Please Help!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can i manage with a 16GB iPhone 6s? I could save only for a 16GB one. :(

Welcome to iMore! This question has been discussed and debated heavily. I could not get away with a 16GB iPhone, but that doesn't mean you can't manage it, especially if it's your only option. It all depends on the user and what you're doing with the device. I recommend reading this article and deciding for yourself: What iPhone 6s storage size should you get: 16GB vs. 64GB vs. 128GB? | iMore

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

It'd be difficult. You'd need to rely heavily on the cloud for storage ...

Dipak Hemani

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site

Hello Sir, this is going to be my first iPhone, i am moving from the 16GB Moto G (1st gen) and i never hit the storage limit on it...I will not be playing the huge games on it and i wont be using the 4K video feature i dont even have a device to play it in the true 4K quality, even the iPhone's screen is not 4K.. I will download the primary and cool free apps and try a few interesting apps here and there. I will be using it to click pictures of places i visit once in a while, a few live photos and listen songs on it and have 400-500 songs on it at a time.

PS: I had planned to get a iPhone 6 but now i dont want to miss the 3D touch and the improved cameras..

Seeing this, what do you think?

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Hello Sir, this is going to be my first iPhone, i am moving from the 16GB Moto G (1st gen) and i never hit the storage limit on it...I will not be playing the huge games on it and i wont be using the 4K video feature i dont even have a device to play it in the true 4K quality, even the iPhone's screen is not 4K.. I will download the primary and cool free apps and try a few interesting apps here and there. I will be using it to click pictures of places i visit once in a while, a few live photos and listen songs on it and have 400-500 songs on it at a time.

PS: I had planned to get a iPhone 6 but now i dont want to miss the 3D touch and the improved cameras..

Seeing this, what do you think?

I agree with eyecrispy's advice that you will need to rely heavily on cloud solutions. Furthermore, you will need to rely on streaming services. If you can stream your music and videos, backup your photos to a cloud service like Dropbox (or transfer them to a Mac/PC), and you're alright with potentially having to delete an app in order to make room for another app tha tyou want to download, then you can probably get away with 16GB. Keep in mind that iOS and stock apps are going to eat away about 4GB of your 16GB, leaving you with about 12GB to work with.

There are plenty of people around here that survive on 16GB with no issues. Storage management is key!

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
What are the best methods of storage management?

Cloud services like Dropbox and OneDrive are great for photos, videos and documents.
Transfer your photos and videos to your Mac/PC to get them off of your device.
App management, meaning knowing what apps you truly need and what apps you can live without and knowing that you may have to delete an app if you are low on space and want to install another app.

OdiousO

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site

I have the 16gb iPhone 6 and a 16gb iPhone 5, they're both plenty for me. I think it depends on what you want to do with your device.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

If you want to frequently worry about space sure. But my belief is that the 16 gb has become obsolete for the average user. I've got a 16 gb 6 that is for work. Very light usage. A few apps and some songs and I've only got 2 gb left. That would never work if it were my main. I have a 128 gb 6s for my personal and couldn't be happier. Of course I'm sure a 64 would do just fine. I'd recommend staying away from the 16. Wait it out until you can save more

Dipak Hemani

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site

The problem in India is that the amount i have to pay for the 64 GB in India is equal to - 1096.975 US Dollar. So it is kinda costly!!

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

Just to give u some friendly advice, 16GB is gonna be rough to manage in the long run & I know u said u want the 6s. My advice is, I would get the 6 not the S model in 64GB or continue to save your money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2