Afraid from jumping to bigger screen size!

M_Tarek

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys,
I am having iPhone 4s, I have it from almost 3 years! I am satisfied but I want to upgrade, so since I am a fan of small screen size, I was thinking of go to 5s. But I really love these new features of 6s, I have tried iPhone 6 once, can't say "Dislike" but not fully satisfied with its size, but honestly every time I watch a new commercial Ad or a new review for 6s, I feel like "I want that 3D touch feature and live photo with this new 2 GB ram!" I am confused!!
on the other hand, I don't believe in trying the phone for couple of minutes or even half an hour then, take you very first impression about it!
so, I need from whom switched from smaller screen size and also fans of its form factor (4s, 5s), to the new 6s (bigger screen).
could you advice me, please?!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I have a 6s Plus that replaced my 6 Plus so it's safe to say I'm drawn to bigger screens. That being said, I was in the same boat as you at one point. I had a 4, which I was happy with. Then I got a 5 and within a few days I was used to the bigger size. It took me a day or two but I learned to love the bigger size of my 6 Plus. My point is that whenever you move up in screen size it takes some getting used to. The screen size of the 6s is very manageable and those who wish for something smaller are definitely a minority around here in the forums.
The screen size of the 6s is only one factor to consider. From a feature and performance standpoint the difference is night and day between the 5s and the 6s. The 6s is screaming fast! The camera upgrade is hugely noticeable, among other difference between the two devices.
My advice: Go with the 6s. Give it a week. If you aren't used to the screen size by then trade it in for a 5s. You technically have 14 days from purchase to return it.

M_Tarek

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I have a 6s Plus that replaced my 6 Plus so it's safe to say I'm drawn to bigger screens. That being said, I was in the same boat as you at one point. I had a 4, which I was happy with. Then I got a 5 and within a few days I was used to the bigger size. It took me a day or two but I learned to love the bigger size of my 6 Plus. My point is that whenever you move up in screen size it takes some getting used to. The screen size of the 6s is very manageable and those who wish for something smaller are definitely a minority around here in the forums.
The screen size of the 6s is only one factor to consider. From a feature and performance standpoint the difference is night and day between the 5s and the 6s. The 6s is screaming fast! The camera upgrade is hugely noticeable, among other difference between the two devices.
My advice: Go with the 6s. Give it a week. If you aren't used to the screen size by then trade it in for a 5s. You technically have 14 days from purchase to return it.

I appreciate your cooperative response, and I am thinking of take the step to 6s.
I hope I get used to it quickly.

jamesedward318

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate your cooperative response, and I am thinking of take the step to 6s.
I hope I get used to it quickly.

When the 6 and 6Plus were released I toyed with the bigger screen for several reasons. Mainly the battery life and secondly the screen size. But after having the 6Plus for about a week, it was a tad bit too cumbersome for my liking. I went with the 6. This time around I went with the 6S. Can't lose with either but for me the 6S was the way to go.

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys,
I am having iPhone 4s, I have it from almost 3 years! I am satisfied but I want to upgrade, so since I am a fan of small screen size, I was thinking of go to 5s. But I really love these new features of 6s, I have tried iPhone 6 once, can't say "Dislike" but not fully satisfied with its size, but honestly every time I watch a new commercial Ad or a new review for 6s, I feel like "I want that 3D touch feature and live photo with this new 2 GB ram!" I am confused!!
on the other hand, I don't believe in trying the phone for couple of minutes or even half an hour then, take you very first impression about it!
so, I need from whom switched from smaller screen size and also fans of its form factor (4s, 5s), to the new 6s (bigger screen).
could you advice me, please?!

I recently 'forced' into upgrading from the 5s to the 6s and whilst I do still prefer the smaller form factor of the 5s, the 6s is not cumbersome. I've grown used to the size and I'm happy enough with it.

How you may feel jumping from the smaller 4s is another thing. However, if you want to upgrade, you don't have an awful lot of choice. All recent phones seem to be getting bigger!

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I went from a 5s to the 6s and am thrilled with it. It is much faster and the camera is fantastic.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

M_Tarek

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I recently 'forced' into upgrading from the 5s to the 6s and whilst I do still prefer the smaller form factor of the 5s, the 6s is not cumbersome. I've grown used to the size and I'm happy enough with it.

How you may feel jumping from the smaller 4s is another thing. However, if you want to upgrade, you don't have an awful lot of choice. All recent phones seem to be getting bigger!

YES! that's the point, I don't want to force myself for something I am not convenient with!
I know it's much faster and much better in surfing the web, also great in the coming software updates unlike old iPhones like 5s.
but I don't know! and I have seen recently video for 5s with iOS 8.4 vs 9.2 beta, and it has little lag. that's what I am afraid about! t
any wise opinion?? :)
and thanks for your replies guys ^_^

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
YES! that's the point, I don't want to force myself for something I am not convenient with!
I know it's much faster and much better in surfing the web, also great in the coming software updates unlike old iPhones like 5s.
but I don't know! and I have seen recently video for 5s with iOS 8.4 vs 9.2 beta, and it has little lag. that's what I am afraid about! t
any wise opinion?? :)
and thanks for your replies guys ^_^

Go ahead and purchase the iPhone 5S. Since you'll be upgrading from an iPhone 4S, you will be getting exactly what you want.

tdelfie03

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded from a 5 to the 6s and I am so glad I did. There is no lag, love the live pictures and battery is much better than I expected.

megs2917

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
When the 6 was released, I bought one thinking I'd have no problem with the size. I ended up returning it after 13 days. I absolutely hated it.

My 5S is having some issues, but I'm sticking with it until it's completely dead and I'm forced to buy one of the larger ones.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
When the 6 was released, I bought one thinking I'd have no problem with the size. I ended up returning it after 13 days. I absolutely hated it.

My 5S is having some issues, but I'm sticking with it until it's completely dead and I'm forced to buy one of the larger ones.

How long did you try to the 6? My wife, who has historically preferred smaller phones, upgraded to a 6s on release day. She immediately disliked it but within a week fell in love with the slightly bigger size.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner