Hi everyone, well, i have seen many individuals complaining about the errors that occur on their iPhones; therefore, that makes me worried cuz tomorrow I will buy an iPhone 6s . So I just want to know if it is okay to restore from backup using my iCloud once i buy the new phone, or will a problem occur ? Another question is that these issues like:- (showing the wrong battery percentage, home button freezing when pressing it, or I dunno, getting warmer) did these happen to you people? If so, may I know how to fix'em ?

Thnxx
    11-01-2015 11:56 AM
    Welcome to iMore! I think you're digging into this too much. The vast majority of us haven't experienced major issues with our devices. The vast majority have had zero issues restoring from an iCloud backup (although I still do recommend setting your device up as new). Almost everyone with issues has been able to resolve them pretty easily.
    These are fantastic phones. Buy it and enjoy! And if by chance you have an issue let us know and we will walk you through it.
    11-01-2015 12:05 PM
    I've had no issues at all with the home button, battery getting warm, or showing the wrong battery percentage. I didn't restore - while I do have an iPad and could have restored from that, I was coming from an android phone and just set up from scratch.

The only problem I had was that my phone didn't set the time back last night - I had to toggle automatic time off and on again. Weird glitch, I think.
    Fahadthelionheart likes this.
    11-01-2015 01:02 PM
    Thnxx for the reply. . Okay, I will buy the iPhone then. But I would like to know what are the disadvantages if setting up the phone as new ?
    11-01-2015 01:16 PM
    Hi!
    Welcome to iMore =)
    I bet you are eager about you upcoming new device

I have been using iCloud backups since my iPhone 4s and I never had any issue with that.
    But I do recommend starting fresh everytime!

As for the issues you mentionned, I did not experience them and I would say that you do not have to worry about those =)
    11-01-2015 01:21 PM
    Thnxx for the reply. . Okay, I will buy the iPhone then. But I would like to know what are the disadvantages if setting up the phone as new ?
    Setting the phone up as new provides a clean slate which generally leads to better overall performance and battery life. That being said, I usually only do a fresh install with a new device or with every major iOS release (so basically once a year) and rarely have any issues.
    11-01-2015 01:27 PM
    The only disadvantage to setting up as new is that it can be a lot of trouble and work to set it up again. I set up my 6s Plus with my iCloud back up. Mistake!! It was corrupted and I had issues. So I restored as new. Trouble...yes. Took me 2 days to get it set up. But well worth it. Runs great now. Set it up as new. It will be fresh that way.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    11-01-2015 01:29 PM
    I'm quite happy with the 6s, coming from Android for many years. I've had no issues with the battery monitor, home button, heat, etc. The phone is great, and very responsive. Hasn't lagged like my previous Android phone sometimes did. Also, I'm using the latest beta on the phone as well, although I can't really feel much of a difference between 9.2 and 9.1 at the moment.
    11-01-2015 01:35 PM
    Welcome to iMore. I have no problems running iOS9.1 or any other problems with my iPhone 6s Plus.....ENJOY the site
    11-01-2015 02:15 PM
    I have restored from backup starting with iPhone 4, then to 5, 5s, 6, then to 6s. I haven't set up as new since my first iPhone. I haven't had a problem that I am aware of. What is the point of backups if you can't use them?
    I'm not saying it's wrong, but it's a lot of work to start new with every iOS update or new device. I am pretty sure most people use their backups when getting a new phone.
    11-01-2015 07:17 PM
    I have always backed up from previous backup and had no problems. As for the 6S i have had no problems either.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    11-06-2015 09:58 AM
    I have never had to set up my iPhones from new. With my iP6S I thought I had a problem with 1 APP but it was actually that the APP requires access to the internet to run BUT I didn't find this out until I reset up my phone as new. I never backup to the cloud. I guess I'm old fashion about this. I always setup my iPhones and my iPads from the backup on my iMac. Like I said i'm old fashion about this and just won't do it.

As for the reliability and battery use on my iPhone 6S it is great. except for the 1 APP problem, knock on wood, I haven't had any problems with the phone. Battery life as compared to my iPhone 6 is as good or slightly better.

I think you'll like the phone. Good luck.
    11-06-2015 10:53 AM