Has anyone ever used the Parcel Select Return Service to return a device to AT&T? I sent an iPhone 6s back to AT&T last week, (changed my mind and ordered an iPhone 6s Plus) using this return service label that AT&T emailed to me, and so far it has not moved since it was dropped off at the post office last Thursday. It has not been scanned, no movement. I checked with my post office, and they were very nice, but they said they couldn't go in the warehouse and look through all the packages just for my small package. She also told me that they frequently receive calls from customers about supposedly lost packages going back to AT&T using this return service! I contacted AT&T and they assured me that I would not be charged the full price for this device even if they receive it back after the 14 day return window has lapsed. But I have trouble believing anything they say anymore. Anyone else ever have this issue?
    10-27-2015 02:27 PM
    I can pretty much guarantee you it's just USPS' terrible tracking system. It's probably out for delivery as we speak.
    10-27-2015 02:31 PM
    I can pretty much guarantee you it's just USPS' terrible tracking system. It's probably out for delivery as we speak.
    I hope so. The lady at the post office told me that the AT&T returns are picked up by either Fed Ex or UPS at their USPS facility. She said sometimes they only get picked up maybe once or twice a week!
    10-27-2015 02:34 PM
    Yea, definitely the USPS tracking system. It's not at all reliable. I've had packages show zero movement for days and then automagically show up at my door and then when I go back to the USPS site, it shows delivered (but with no scans in between the originating location and my house).
    10-27-2015 02:51 PM
    I agree with everyone about USPS' tracking system. I sent my phone back about two weeks ago and it did the same exact thing, but AT&T magically got it the next morning.
    10-27-2015 04:03 PM
    I agree with everyone about USPS' tracking system. I sent my phone back about two weeks ago and it did the same exact thing, but AT&T magically got it the next morning.
    Did you use their Parcel Select Return Service? I hope mine shows up fast too.
    10-27-2015 04:07 PM
    Did you use their Parcel Select Return Service? I hope mine shows up fast too.
    Yes I did! They sent me a slip and all I did was boxed it and return it.
    10-28-2015 02:44 AM
    It was scanned at my local post office on the 27th, it finally showed up on the tracking system! The nice lady at my post office actually called me back and told me that she had been watching the tracking number and that it had gone out! I was very impressed with her, she didn't have to care about my little package or my concern, but she took a personal interest and you just don't see that very much in customer service anymore....I will have to take her a little happy or something to show her my appreciation!
    10-28-2015 09:06 AM
    It was scanned at my local post office on the 27th, it finally showed up on the tracking system! The nice lady at my post office actually called me back and told me that she had been watching the tracking number and that it had gone out! I was very impressed with her, she didn't have to care about my little package or my concern, but she took a personal interest and you just don't see that very much in customer service anymore....I will have to take her a little happy or something to show her my appreciation!
    Wow! Now that's customer service. Glad you had someone who looked out for you.
    10-28-2015 10:56 AM