Who's IMPRESSED with 6s battery life?

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Standby time seems pretty amazing so far in my first day of usage. I took my phone off the charger at about 2PM Thursday. I went to work at five. Got home at 8 and fell asleep. I have a little usage in all that time and now it's 6AM with 90%. I'll finally actually be able to use the phone today.

15 hrs, 55 minutes standby, 1 hr, 34 minutes usage.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I am loving my 6S. I took it off the charger on Christmas Eve at about 2PM and I am still on that same charge. It has the TSMC chip if that matters.

IMG_0007.PNG

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm very pleased.

ef84fae9aedd065e8f7b32bd7db1a3a8.jpg

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Not to brag about my 6S battery but check this out. I last put my 6S on the charger Saturday and took it off at about 2PM. My 6S is STILL on that same charge. This phone does have the TSMC chip in it. Notic that it does not say that the phone has been plugged in since last charge at the bottom. I don't play games or anything like that on any of my phones or use it to watch movies or Netflix, never have.

IMG_0011.PNG

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I no longer have an iPhone 6S, but the battery life of my iPhone 6S Plus is probably the same as with my iPhone 6 Plus (backup device) - Excellent...

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
The 6s has been continuing to impress me, so much so that I returned my Smart Battery Case. I simply don't need it. I'm getting between 9 and 9.5 hours usage every day. I have not been able to kill it yet in the course of my waking day.
dcd0c7a3f4b1eaba66793e655ca2714c.jpg

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I am loving my 6S. I took it off the charger on Christmas Eve at about 2PM and I am still on that same charge. It has the TSMC chip if that matters.

View attachment 100103

Not to brag about my 6S battery but check this out. I last put my 6S on the charger Saturday and took it off at about 2PM. My 6S is STILL on that same charge. This phone does have the TSMC chip in it. Notic that it does not say that the phone has been plugged in since last charge at the bottom. I don't play games or anything like that on any of my phones or use it to watch movies or Netflix, never have.

View attachment 100174

This is insane! Really wish I had the tsmc chip...

boltz82

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I have been greatly surprised by the length of time that I get from the 6S. Having come from a Samsung Galaxy S5 this device is light years ahead in the battery, as well as many other functions.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm pleased with the battery life of the 6S. This is with the Samsung chip on a device that's only 2 days old due to a warranty issue. Didn't put it in low power mode either.

Normally plug the phone in at night, but this being a Saturday I decided to let it die. Usually have 30 to 40% at night when I plug in. So, yeah, I'm happy with this.

image.png

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
My first battery charge (1st out of box) lasted 9 hours. After that the average this being 6 hours.

What settings do you disabled or changed to achieve this duration?
The only thing I keep off is WiFi. I keep it on LTE every minute of the day. The only other setting I changed is brightness down to a bit below halfway with auto brightness off. Email is on push. I don't watch videos or play any games.

rod.gui

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
The only thing I keep off is WiFi. I keep it on LTE every minute of the day. The only other setting I changed is brightness down to a bit below halfway with auto brightness off. Email is on push. I don't watch videos or play any games.

Did you change anything in Privacy Location / System Services? Would you mind to send me a screen shot of this settings?

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Did you change anything in Privacy Location / System Services? Would you mind to send me a screen shot of this settings?

Here is the screen cap. I'm not doing anything special at all with this phone. It's basically setup with everything as default as it comes out of the box except with auto brightness off and brightness set as a bit under halfway.

IMG_0021.PNG

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a lot.

Did you turn off Background Activity?

Do you use Facebook app or access by Safari?

If an app uses runs in the background, I let it. I also use the FaceBook app, twitter, Tweetbot and Safari. None of these show using more then a few % of the battery.

Sitar_noise

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I sure am. Last night I went to charge my iPhone 6s before going to bed and it was at 57%. During the day I walked for 106 minutes listening to podcasts on my bluetooth headphones. I also have an apple watch using bluetooth and used the iPhone to send a bunch of messages, check email, play games, did some banking etc. Captain Obvious says: if people are complaining about battery life they must be using their iPhone all the time and people shouldn't be surprised that it they're using up a lot of battery

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW