Why is it taking so long to update iCloud settings on my new iPhone 6s?

EllisStokes22

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Why is it taking so long to update iCloud settings on my new iphone 6s??

I've bought a new iphone 6s and it's taking about an hour to update my iCloud settings, What can I do to speed it up??

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Re: Why is it taking so long to update iCloud settings on my new iphone 6s??

What do you mean settings? Do you mean an iCloud restore? That can take hours, and it can get stuck... sometimes you have to reboot the iPhone a couple times to keep it going...

Jocelyuki

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why is it taking so long to update iCloud settings on my new iphone 6s??

That's true. Performing iCloud restore is time consuming. It's much quicker and smoother to restore from iTunes backup.

Irene317

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I am trying to set up my iphone 7 for the first time. For the last 45 minutes, it has been displaying "Updating icloud settings". I have to touch the screen every 5-7 minutes to keepit going. Is this normal? I really hate updates and going to new phones -- it is never easy.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I am trying to set up my iphone 7 for the first time. For the last 45 minutes, it has been displaying "Updating icloud settings". I have to touch the screen every 5-7 minutes to keepit going. Is this normal? I really hate updates and going to new phones -- it is never easy.

Are you setting the phone up as new or restoring from an iCloud backup? If the latter then yes, it could take some time to finish, especially if it is restoring tons of pics and videos.

SelenaLee

Banned
Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Does it happen when you're trying to restore data from iCloud? If so, this is probably something to do with your Wi-Fi. Try connect to a good one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2