iPhone 6+ to iPhone 6s

manni1to

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Went from a 16gb iPhone 6+ (which seemed kind of under powered IMHO) to the 64gb iPhone 6s. Going to take some getting used to!

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi!
Congrats for your upgrade =)
I am sure you will get the hang of it fast enough!
Once you understand how it works, it works like a charm.

manni1to

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Ha! Why did you go down in 'size'? from a + to a normal size?

I don't know really. Just wanted to try something different. I am a pretty big guy but the regular 6s is still easier to hold. If Apple cut down on the bezels I may go back to the plus line.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I don't know really. Just wanted to try something different. I am a pretty big guy but the regular 6s is still easier to hold. If Apple cut down on the bezels I may go back to the plus line.

I totally get it. After much arguing with myself...I returned my new 6s+ for a 6s just a couple hours ago. Why? It finally came down to prioritizing. The awesome screen & camera updates just didn't top my need for portability & easy one-hand use.

If Apple does away with the large bezels a la Samsung, but keeps the larger screen size with the iPhone 7...you can bet, I'll be on that device quickly. But, as it goes, the smaller size fits me better now.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Working on my first full day back on the smaller iPhone 6s...and I'm pretty happy with the swap from the 6s+. I have to be honest and say that I do miss the larger screen size & the noticeably better display, but I don't miss the bulk & added weight of the larger device at all. The 6s fits much more comfortably in the front pocket of my dress slacks & jeans, and to me it just looks a bit more "professional", although I know that remark will get some arguments.

The OS runs smoother and quicker with the 2gb of RAM and is overall a nice upgrade from the 6.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I totally get it. After much arguing with myself...I returned my new 6s+ for a 6s just a couple hours ago. Why? It finally came down to prioritizing. The awesome screen & camera updates just didn't top my need for portability & easy one-hand use.

I did the same today... went from a 6s Plus to a 6s. Two things that were deal breakers for me... the 6s Plus is just too big to carry around in hand or in pocket during jogs and workouts, and the springboard screen rotation drove me nuts. I ended up turning rotation off in Control Panel but then I would have to toggle it back any time I wanted to watch a landscape video or look at a landscape picture... kind of a pain! Apple should (and IMO probably will at some point) give us the option to turn off springboard rotation at some point, but it is likely low on their priority list. Anyway, back with the 4.7-inch size and I think this is where I am going to stay until the 7 comes next year and we see what Apple has come up with...

manni1to

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Well...I actually changed my mind. I took the 6s back and went with the 6s+. I missed the screen size and battery life improvements too much.

DanMmy

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
respect your decision! i'm using iphone 6 now, and battery life time is really short. wish i can change my phone to 6+ =((

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I've owned all the Notes except the 5 and every iPhone model made including the 6+, when I got my 6s I choose it because the 6s+ is just to big.
The bezel to screen ratio on the 6s+ is just a bit much.
It was pretty easy getting used to my 6s coming right from a Note 4 but I do wonder if I would have been happier going with the Note 5.
Too bad Apple can't make a big iPhone with far less bezels like Samsung can do.
For now I'll stick with my 6s until the 7+ comes out, if Apple can loose the massive bezels I'll get a 7+, if not, I'll be looking at the Note 6.
But with all that being said, I am happy and have adjusted to the smaller 6s, I love the pocket ability and one handed use.
Hopefully the iPhone 7+ Will have smaller bezels and perhaps even be able to shoot still pictures in 16x9,,,, that will for sure keep me in the iOS camp.
Cheers
Davyo

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Well...I actually changed my mind. I took the 6s back and went with the 6s+. I missed the screen size and battery life improvements too much.

I miss the battery life for sure, but I'm actually fine with the smaller screen size... and certainly with the overall smaller size

jamesedward318

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I debated going to the 6S Plus this go around but the phone was a tad bit too big for my liking. I had the 6 Plus the first time around and returned it for the 6. I don't want to pay a restocking fee and I have a tempered screen protector on it already.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods