1 Month Later -Happy With iPhone 6s?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from the 6 Plus to the 6s Plus and couldn't be happier. The "s" upgrade this year has to be one if not the best "s" upgrades ever.
My iPhone 128gb Space Gray 6s Plus is by far the BEST smartphone I've ever owned.

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded my 5s to the 6s and haven't looked back at all. It is the best iphone I have had. Force touch is the best thing ever put on a phone. It saves you so many steps in getting around. I have the 64GB and it is more than enough for me.

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from the 6 and am happy I did. While I appreciate the new features, 2gb ram might be the best update. I always hated my safari tabs and apps restarting.

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
When I moved my family plan from Sprint to Verizon, I went from the 6 to a Galaxy S5. No reason aside from I got a good deal on a couple of them, making the transition cheaper. A bonus since we had relocated, with all the expenses incurred with that.

Well, after a year of that thing, I finally had enough. So, I bought a 6s over the weekend. Man I missed my iPhone! Couldn't be happier. Camera is fantastic, I don't have to argue with the phone to get things done, and it flows so well. It's perfect,and I haven't even worked in new features like Force touch into my workflow.

moontune

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I had the torch and then the Z10 I really liked them especially the old torch and had a tough time changing but so glad I did.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Significant battery and performance improvements over my Note 3. My 6s+ will still have an 80% charge after my work day whereas my Note 3 would only have a 20% charge. Network performance is vastly improved as well on both mobile and wifi.

I can't say if it's from switching to iOS or if cellphones have just gotten that much better in two years, but the 6s+ blows my old phone out of the water. I've actually found myself using my phone over my MacBook or iPad because it is so useful.

dominion1

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Came from Android. Had the s6 and the G4. Neither ran as smooth or as coinsistent as my 6s. The size is perfect for me also and this is a big deal. I've only had it a couple weeks but I can see myself keeping this for a whole year..lol

svc1314

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I went from the 128gb 6 to the 6S model. No regrets! It is noticeably faster and I love using the new 3D touch. I also take many photos on a daily basis so upgrading to a 4k camera (Live photos are AMAZING) was completely worth it.

Leslie Hatcher

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I have an s6 and an iPhone 6. I am hesitating about upgrading my iPhone. I love my iPhone, I do, but if the camera isn't better than the s6, I will just pass the iPhone down to one of my kids and keep using the s6. The camera is probably the most important feature to me on a phone....

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Gunny Fitz

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
As someone who just switched over from a Samsung S5 to the new 6s Plus (I mean like YESTERDAY!) I have been doing nothing but playing with all the settings and trying out as much as humanly possible while still fitting in time to sleep! :)

I have so many questions that I really should start my own thread, but assume I really should browse this forum in depth before asking them all too since no one likes a guy that spits out questions which have been asked multiple times before right? There are definitely some things i miss about the S5 already, and find myself swiping all the time ,and hitting places where the "back" key used to be which i DO miss-since going back a few screens on the Plus takes having to hit tiny font links on the top of screen etc (and only sometimes does that arrow at the bottom appear.

Can I use my iTunes music on device for Ringtones?

Does it have any way of telling me I have a missed text (Like a blinking LED light) somewhere on it to tell at a glance?

How do I stop texts from showing up on my MacBook Pro instead of phone?

What apps do I REALLY need, which ones are REALLY helpful, is the largest Font size REALLY the largest it gets?

UGHHH i could go on and on here but as stated don't want to be "that guy" and this forum is excellent too, so I will go back to searching and reading to soak it all up so I don't go changing my mind in the next 12 days and return it to Best Buy in the return period! :)

Thanks for helping the "New Guy" get on the new craze here and hopefully STAY on it too!

Semper Fi !!

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
As someone who just switched over from a Samsung S5 to the new 6s Plus (I mean like YESTERDAY!) I have been doing nothing but playing with all the settings and trying out as much as humanly possible while still fitting in time to sleep! :)

I have so many questions that I really should start my own thread, but assume I really should browse this forum in depth before asking them all too since no one likes a guy that spits out questions which have been asked multiple times before right? There are definitely some things i miss about the S5 already, and find myself swiping all the time ,and hitting places where the "back" key used to be which i DO miss-since going back a few screens on the Plus takes having to hit tiny font links on the top of screen etc (and only sometimes does that arrow at the bottom appear.

Can I use my iTunes music on device for Ringtones?

Does it have any way of telling me I have a missed text (Like a blinking LED light) somewhere on it to tell at a glance?

How do I stop texts from showing up on my MacBook Pro instead of phone?

What apps do I REALLY need, which ones are REALLY helpful, is the largest Font size REALLY the largest it gets?

UGHHH i could go on and on here but as stated don't want to be "that guy" and this forum is excellent too, so I will go back to searching and reading to soak it all up so I don't go changing my mind in the next 12 days and return it to Best Buy in the return period! :)

Thanks for helping the "New Guy" get on the new craze here and hopefully STAY on it too!

Semper Fi !!

Welcome to iMore and iOS! Hope you enjoy the site, and the community. :)

Most here have spent time with other devices and other OS's and have come to feel like the iPhone and iOS is simply a device and operating system that "just works". Hope you will find that too, and develop comfortable bond with your new device soon. And, don't ever worry about being "that guy". Most here are willing to help with any questions or confusion you might have. Reach out & you'll feel at home here shortly.

M_Tarek

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded my 5s to the 6s and haven't looked back at all. It is the best iphone I have had. Force touch is the best thing ever put on a phone. It saves you so many steps in getting around. I have the 64GB and it is more than enough for me.

Don't you miss the smaller screen size?
because I want to upgrade, but I am afraid I don't like the bigger screen, however I REALLY want these new features!
any suggestion!!

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Don't you miss the smaller screen size?
because I want to upgrade, but I am afraid I don't like the bigger screen, however I REALLY want these new features!
any suggestion!!

I mentioned earlier...and in another thread, I went from the 6s+ back down to the 6s purely for portability & one-hand usage, not because the 6s+ wasn't a tremendous device. I loved the screen size, display quality & added features. To be very honest, yes...I do miss the screen size, but not the size & usability issues.

It comes down to what is most important to you. If the improved feature set & added screen size are a higher priority to you than ease of pocketability & one-handed usability...you will be very happy with the 6s+ plus. If not...maybe you'll be a regular on the 6s forum! :)

Welcome to iMore!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner