Anyone else ever have this issue? My iPhone 6s that I ordered thru AT&T is showing to be located at my local Fed Ex facility, with delivery scheduled for Tuesday the 20th. I called the facility and they won't release my own package to me! I have to wait for delivery even though it's just sitting at my local facility. The customer service agent said it's a restriction set by AT&T........
    10-19-2015 11:24 AM
    Yea. I've experienced that before. Total downer when you're excited about getting a new toy.
    10-19-2015 11:27 AM
    Woah! Sorry to hear that =(
    It blows! Especially when you KNOW it is there. It feels like forever :S

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk
    10-19-2015 11:32 AM
    Decided against the Nexus huh? Yeah I saw you over at AC ..lol
    I also was considering but passed and kept my 6s . I believe it's the better phone for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dominion1; 10-19-2015 at 09:12 PM.
    10-19-2015 02:58 PM
    I've had packages be on their truck out for delivery a day early but they won't deliver because it was scheduled for the next day. Whack.
    10-19-2015 03:03 PM
    Anyone else ever have this issue? My iPhone 6s that I ordered thru AT&T is showing to be located at my local Fed Ex facility, with delivery scheduled for Tuesday the 20th. I called the facility and they won't release my own package to me! I have to wait for delivery even though it's just sitting at my local facility. The customer service agent said it's a restriction set by AT&T........
    Sorry about your having to wait although I feel you will really like the phone when you get it. Also saw you were considering the Nexus 5x. Certainly I would expect that would be a good device but I certainly know first hand that is the case with the iPhone 6s.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    10-19-2015 03:59 PM
    I think you can let FEDEX attempt delivery once then you can go on line with the door tag number a request that it be held at the F DEX facility. I also think that you can let them attempt delivery and then you're u can take the door tag to the FEDEX facility and pick it up that day as long as you get there before the facility closes and after the driver has returned for the day. I have even just had my wife give me the door tag number and stop at the FEDEX office on my way home and picked it up. You'll need picture ID I think.
    10-19-2015 04:29 PM
    If it makes it to my local facility today but not in time to make today's truck will they let me come by and pick it up?
    I've had the worst day because of FedEx today.
    I ordered an iphone 6s off amazon to be delivered to me through expedited shipping. It arrived at the airport facility within a day and was at the fedex office the next morning. i thought this was great and i called customer service to ask if i could pick it up in person rather than wait two more days for delivery. first rep i called said it should be fine, she had to confirm with the office. i got a call from the office with the lady saying i can pick it up but id have to pay a $25 surcharge on top of the shipping and handling charges i already paid which were over $30. i said i wouldnt and she told me id have to wait. i went on their website to look up the surcharge and couldnt find it anywhere. so i called customer service again. i explained to the rep the situation and she was surprised about the surcharge and said i shouldnt have to pay it. she called that office again and she came back to tell me that id have to pay it. i asked her to send me a link to where i can find this surcharge and she said she couldnt. anyways, so i called again, and a half asleep rep picked up, all he could say is "thanks for the details" and was the most useless, unhelpful person in that situation. i asked him to transfer me over to another rep, in which he replied "why" and i said "because i didnt get any help" in which he had the audacity to say "i helped you by relaying information" and i said that he didnt help with anything. so he transferred me over, and the 4th rep said that the surchrge does not apply to my package so there shouldnt be a problem. then he "looked into" my file and said the onlyy problem was that the sender placed restrictions on my package, once these have been lifted, if be able to pick it up no problem. i told him id call and confirm. i called amazon, they said theres no such thing and theres no problem at their end. at this point i was livid. i tweeted at fedex until they replied. next thing i know, is i got a call from the same lady at the office again and she changed her story stating that whether i pay the surcharge or not she wouldnt have given me my package because it was in a container with thousands of other packages and she wouldnt be able to find it. i questioned her and she started yelling after i asked how it could be in a container if it came via fedex air? anyways, ive never experienced such horrible customer service. the whole situation could have been solved in two minutes if they let me DRIVE IN PERSON - not to mention saving them time and money for not having to go out of their way to deliver my package, and not findng anyone home, and having to attempt again the next day - AND PICK IT UP MYSELF EVEN THOUGH I PAID FOR IT TO BE SHIPPED EXPEDITEDLY
    01-15-2017 02:14 AM
    I ordered an iphone 6s off amazon to be delivered to me through expedited shipping. It arrived at the airport facility within a day and was at the fedex office the next morning. i thought this was great and i called customer service to ask if i could pick it up in person rather than wait two more days for delivery. first rep i called said it should be fine, she had to confirm with the office. i got a call from the office with the lady saying i can pick it up but id have to pay a $25 surcharge on top of the shipping and handling charges i already paid which were over $30. i said i wouldnt and she told me id have to wait. i went on their website to look up the surcharge and couldnt find it anywhere. so i called customer service again. i explained to the rep the situation and she was surprised about the surcharge and said i shouldnt have to pay it. she called that office again and she came back to tell me that id have to pay it. i asked her to send me a link to where i can find this surcharge and she said she couldnt. anyways, so i called again, and a half asleep rep picked up, all he could say is "thanks for the details" and was the most useless, unhelpful person in that situation. i asked him to transfer me over to another rep, in which he replied "why" and i said "because i didnt get any help" in which he had the audacity to say "i helped you by relaying information" and i said that he didnt help with anything. so he transferred me over, and the 4th rep said that the surchrge does not apply to my package so there shouldnt be a problem. then he "looked into" my file and said the onlyy problem was that the sender placed restrictions on my package, once these have been lifted, if be able to pick it up no problem. i told him id call and confirm. i called amazon, they said theres no such thing and theres no problem at their end. at this point i was livid. i tweeted at fedex until they replied. next thing i know, is i got a call from the same lady at the office again and she changed her story stating that whether i pay the surcharge or not she wouldnt have given me my package because it was in a container with thousands of other packages and she wouldnt be able to find it. i questioned her and she started yelling after i asked how it could be in a container if it came via fedex air? anyways, ive never experienced such horrible customer service. the whole situation could have been solved in two minutes if they let me DRIVE IN PERSON - not to mention saving them time and money for not having to go out of their way to deliver my package, and not findng anyone home, and having to attempt again the next day - AND PICK IT UP MYSELF EVEN THOUGH I PAID FOR IT TO BE SHIPPED EXPEDITEDLY
    Holy run-on sentence, Batman!!

Welcome to iMore. ??
    01-15-2017 07:20 AM
    Thanks for sharing your experience, and hopefully, it'll be a one-time thing. Take care.
    01-15-2017 10:05 AM
    I've never heard of a $25 fee to pick up a package.
    01-15-2017 11:45 PM