Glass Screen Protector

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
i have given up on glass. failed attempt at local verizon, failed one at att. went verizon in city from me installed there glass everything was fine, sept he horribly off centered in so none of my cases fit right. had it redone again and dude had huge piece of dirty under it got it out told me bubble would go away after 72 hours. well been week just took it off and threw it away went back regular sticky kind.

mperkel

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Not to be an advertisement, but check out Zagg Glass Luxe (https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...r%2Fglass-luxe-apple-iphone-6s&token=sR6l5gyJ). I got it for my 6S and it's perfect. Edge to edge protection and seems to adhere better. I turned my 3D sensitivity to the highest setting, but no issues with it. Works right through the glass. Highly recommend. The black looks good on my space gray iPhone. It has this unique look.

tdelfie03

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I have had no luck with the glass protectors! First one my cat knocked the phone off the end table onto a carpeted floor and it cracked. Second one cracked after two days with no drops. Had a Zagg hdx put on yesterday. I much prefer the glass but I'm tired of replacing them.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I don't know. It's just the first pic I found online that showed the halo effect. I had 3 Zaggs that had the same issue. They were all case-friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to agree. I'm using a ZAGG Glass SP now on my 6s+, and it's the same way...and basically every one I've used previously on my "6" did too. On my 5 & 5s, because of the flat screen, it wasn't an issue. I'm thinking about trying an HDX SP next to see how it looks.

heyyitsmesusan

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Not to be an advertisement, but check out Zagg Glass Luxe (Apple iPhone 6s Screen Protector - Glass Luxe | ZAGG). I got it for my 6S and it's perfect. Edge to edge protection and seems to adhere better. I turned my 3D sensitivity to the highest setting, but no issues with it. Works right through the glass. Highly recommend. The black looks good on my space gray iPhone. It has this unique look.

How well does it work with a case?

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
so i stuck with glass that has that halo effect around outside of it. got annoyed by trying find good one. glass from verizon is garbage this has its issue with halo effect guy told me though purely cosmetic being thru 4 glass for my phone im done.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
In the Apple Keynote, they said the screen on the 6s/6s Plus was the hardest that Apple has ever produced....I don't need no stinkin screen protector....SMILE

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
How well does it work with a case?

Yeah, that's the dealbreaker for me. I have tried several "edge--to-edge" glass SP's, and none of the ones I've tried have been compatible with the Apple leather case or those similar with even a small "lip" built into them to protect the screen if laid down face first. It may not happen immediately, but within a short period, the corners of the SP begin to lift because of them being pushed up by the case.

Now, if somebody would verify the ZAGG Glass Luxe doesn't do that with the case installed...I'm in!

mperkel

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, that's the dealbreaker for me. I have tried several "edge--to-edge" glass SP's, and none of the ones I've tried have been compatible with the Apple leather case or those similar with even a small "lip" built into them to protect the screen if laid down face first. It may not happen immediately, but within a short period, the corners of the SP begin to lift because of them being pushed up by the case.

Now, if somebody would verify the ZAGG Glass Luxe doesn't do that with the case installed...I'm in!

Yep, works fine with Apple Leather, and I currently have a Tech 21 case on it.

Here's a quick photo of it. I love it!
fd447e67ed73b77b72415e7f08f60810.jpg

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site

OK...at the word of mperkel, I am having a go with the ZAGG Glass Luxe. After posting this, my ZAGG Glass SP began chipping on the edges (like most that I have had do before long), and I ordered a ZAGG Glass Luxe as the warranty replacement. I'm interested in seeing how the polycarbonate edges do vs. the class edges I've seen. The ZAGG CSR told me on the phone that the Luxe worked perfectly with the Apple leather case.

Should have it on Saturday...I'll report back.

fergusioricy

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Liked my first SecondSkin so much I bought another. Not so enamored by the full-screen protectors for iPhone though, the home buttons are too depressed on the ones I've seen.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Yep, works fine with Apple Leather, and I currently have a Tech 21 case on it.

Here's a quick photo of it. I love it!
//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/26/fd447e67ed73b77b72415e7f08f60810.jpg

Yes...it works great with the Apple leather case (and most others)...but, Ive gone through two of them so far, as both have had a "halo effect" inside the left & right borders. I love the look...but the halo effect is a bummer, and another dealbreaker. I'm being sent a third one as a free replacement (gotta love Zagg CS), and I really hope it looks better. If not...ill have to find something else.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm afraid as we see more and more smartphones going with curved screen edges a la iPhone, we are going to be plagued with "halo effect" no matter what. Bummer, but it is what it is.

Has anybody tried the ZAGG HDX SP on their iPhone 6/6s/6+/6s+?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I and my girl friend are those accustomed to using tempered glass screen protector against smudges and fingerprints.I found a pretty useful blog filled with tons of useful publications including how to pick the preferable tempered glass protector etc,tracking the blog, i was surprised by a online shop with huge collections of various affordable iPHONE tempered glass screen protector ,i bought a really fashionable 2016 newest 3D curved edge full coverage protective toughened tempered glass film for my gf,she is so satisfied with the 3D curved slim tempered glass made by high technical process with perfect ARC edge specifically fully preservation for her iPhone 6 screen,i am so happy making she surprising and would like to upload the picture and share the online store named ONU-MALL ONLINE STORE!
Good luck with your screen protectors! Do you have any that don't have the colored template at the top/bottom? Or is that just because of how they are produced they need the color bars? How long do they take to ship to the U.S.?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just don't bother with glass or any other screen protector. They're all overrated. They'll help against scratches, but that's it.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I usually use a screen protector (Ghost Amour) if I get a scratch on screen it bugs the hell out of me and once its there !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods