Glass Screen Protector

tmx31415

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck in finding a glass screen protector that does not leave the dreaded halo effect on the sides of the screen for the 6s? I've tried Zagg, Jettech, Intelliglass, Otterbox, and Spigen. I've looked at standard and full coverage options. Installation was done correctly. Any assistance with a brand or your findings will be appreciated.

Thanks.

GatsbyGlen

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Probably doesn't help, but I'm using a tempered glass protector from Verizon. Actually, they put it on when I purchased the phone. Not sure if a I really like it - they put it on a bit crooked too. I'm considering not using one at all, but I'm curious to know as well what others are using.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
They suck. They crack easily as a result of even minor impacts. I had one put on my phone when I bought it last week and it was cracked in no time. I actually thought I broke my phone, but it was just the screen protector. I prefer my Otterbox Defender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by halo effect? The fact that they're not edge to edge? If so, there are edge to edge ones out now. I know tech armor makes one.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I think the "halo" is the rainbow along the side of the screen of those that don't even cover the entire screen, like the ones that they sell at the Verizon stores.

mford400

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I have one from spigen that is working without a halo. But what I don't like is for whatever reason the screen protectors are being made to small, where it seems like if you don't put it on perfect, it'll fit one side of the screen, but the other side would hang out just a hair.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
The halo effect is when the sides of a glass screen protector do not adhere properly. Like in the pic...
9c1790f3d3174e008f31ee3c50e1d505.jpg

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
This is my first time not using a glass screen protector and I'm not having any problems. I was a little nervous at first but it's all good now.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I tried to like glass but it sticks out like a sore thumb since it doesn't go to the edge and it's thick. Ended up with the Zagg HDX which is great, also the Media Devil from Amazon are really good. Both "disappear" on the screen more than glass and the HDX is probably best as far as "smooth" goes but it's hard to tell.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
The halo effect is when the sides of a glass screen protector do not adhere properly. Like in the pic...
//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/16/9c1790f3d3174e008f31ee3c50e1d505.jpg

I've had two 6 devices and now I have a 6s. My wife has a 6. Both my parents have a 6 and a 6 plus as well as my younger brother. I've bought them all tempered glass protectors and I've never seen that happen. I've gotten all mine from eBay if that helps.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I've got a Nillkin cp +, it's a edge to edge glass and it's really great. I use it with a slim tpu case and it looks awesome. If you go naked I don't recommend it, it build up the display a lot and doesn't feel so great in your hand. Bur as i said, if you use a good case it's great.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

I don't know. It's just the first pic I found online that showed the halo effect. I had 3 Zaggs that had the same issue. They were all case-friendly.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I've had two 6 devices and now I have a 6s. My wife has a 6. Both my parents have a 6 and a 6 plus as well as my younger brother. I've bought them all tempered glass protectors and I've never seen that happen. I've gotten all mine from eBay if that helps.

Ok. I didn't have that problem on my 6, but I did on my 6s+. I don't think it matters where you buy them from. Thanks though!

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I have had 3 Zagg Glass protectors on my iPhone 6 recently and they have all done this, it was either on the top bottom or sides, had them installed perfectly and I am ocd at Best Buy and Verizon.. Finally just bought a 10$ Tzumi Glass Screen Protector from Walmart and it is perfect no halo, no bubbles on edges! Although I keep looking at the replacement zagg glass sitting in my room that I paid $35 for and its killing me ;)

One thing I found is the halo or "white" on the edges is much more noticeable on the space gray, I apply them to my white Ip6 and you dont see it as much

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I have had 3 Zagg Glass protectors on my iPhone 6 recently and they have all done this, it was either on the top bottom or sides, had them installed perfectly and I am ocd at Best Buy and Verizon.. Finally just bought a 10$ Tzumi Glass Screen Protector from Walmart and it is perfect no halo, no bubbles on edges! Although I keep looking at the replacement zagg glass sitting in my room that I paid $35 for and its killing me ;)

One thing I found is the halo or "white" on the edges is much more noticeable on the space gray, I apply them to my white Ip6 and you dont see it as much

I agree. Funny thing is, I emailed Zagg and asked if regular glass protectors will be made for the 6s and 6s plus. I didn't get an answer, but they sent a new SP...the exact same one I had issues with. Of course, it was crappy too. I took it off and it's sitting in the box.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh