Stock Keyboard or 3rd Party Keyboard

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I just reinstalled SwiftKey for like the 10th time and it still doesn't come up for me in the mail app. Really annoying. I've deleted the stock keyboard in settings and rebooted. Still no go.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just reinstalled SwiftKey for like the 10th time and it still doesn't come up for me in the mail app. Really annoying. I've deleted the stock keyboard in settings and rebooted. Still no go.

That's odd! I'll ask about it in the SwiftKey VIP forum. Here's my Nickel Dark SwiftKey keyboard in Mail.

8692cc3444d92da3f4704e45610d638b.jpg

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Looks like I will be deleting Swiftkey after-all. No mic. I don't understand the need for Apple to insist on this limitation for 3rd party keyboards. Sometimes my hands just hurt too much. Dictation can be helpful with this.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Looks like I will be deleting Swiftkey after-all. No mic. I don't understand the need for Apple to insist on this limitation for 3rd party keyboards. Sometimes my hands just hurt too much. Dictation can be helpful with this.

I don't get it either. Fortunately, I seldom use dictation. You could still use both. Switch back and forth. I do it with several utility keyboards.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I like the product but don't like switching back and forth

For what it's worth, I got this from SwiftKey:

There is a known issue in which devices with corporate device management apps (MDMs, IT management apps) like MaaS360, AirWatch, Meraki, MobileIron, etc. cause certain native iOS apps to not function with SwiftKey Keyboard. These can include Messages, Mail, Notes and Safari.

We are currently aware of this issue and we are investigating it further in conjunction with Apple and these management apps.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth, I got this from SwiftKey:

There is a known issue in which devices with corporate device management apps (MDMs, IT management apps) like MaaS360, AirWatch, Meraki, MobileIron, etc. cause certain native iOS apps to not function with SwiftKey Keyboard. These can include Messages, Mail, Notes and Safari.

We are currently aware of this issue and we are investigating it further in conjunction with Apple and these management apps.

Thanks! That makes sense. I do have MDM on my phone for work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2