i think stock.
    12-18-2015 12:07 PM
    I love and only use SwiftKey! I like that I can use it one handed and quickly swipe a word. Plus it's so much better at predicting and auto correcting my words.
    12-18-2015 02:41 PM
    Stock all the way everyday. Love Swiftkey on Android, but not liking it as much on iOS.
    Apple restricts some things.
    12-18-2015 11:22 PM
    I use both Swiftkey and the stock Apple keyboard because they are both great.
    12-19-2015 08:02 PM
    I just wish Apple would still have the option to use the dark keyboard. Hated that they took that away
    12-23-2015 05:54 AM
    I really like most things about the stock keyboard. But I switched from Windows Phone, and believe it or not, the keyboard there is better. And I'm really missing some things, like having both a language switching button AND a button for direct access to emojis (or the way it is in Windows 10 Mobile, swiping across the spacebar to change language). Or the fact that swiping (WordFlow in Microsoft terms) is not integrated in the stock keyboard.

I use multiple languages and after using emojis it happens way too often that I suddenly have the wrong language keyboard in front of me :P. I tried using SwiftKey, but as other have mentioned, 3rd party keyboard integration still leaves a lot to be desired. So for now I'm putting up with the annoyances I do encounter with the stock keyboard.
    12-24-2015 05:33 AM
    Is there a way to get punctuation (period, comma, question mark and exclamation point) on the same screen as the letters? I just moved from Android and so far this stock keyboard is driving me crazy because of this.
    12-26-2015 07:36 PM
    Is there a way to get punctuation (period, comma, question mark and exclamation point) on the same screen as the letters? I just moved from Android and so far this stock keyboard is driving me crazy because of this.

Yes. Simply rotate your screen to landscape mode.
    12-26-2015 07:52 PM
    Same here. It's one of those really annoying things on an otherwise fine keyboard.
    kimdushinski likes this.
    12-27-2015 11:06 AM
    Or you can use SwiftKey.
    12-27-2015 03:46 PM
    Thanks, KOFE. I did get SwiftKey and LOVE it.
    12-30-2015 08:31 AM
    It appears all those early problems with SwiftKey and 3rd party keyboards are mostly gone. I haven't had the keyboard vanish or freeze up in months. I'm really loving SwiftKey now. It's almost time to give up the beautiful Holiday keyboard.
    12-30-2015 10:48 AM
    Microsoft is bringing its famed Word Flow keyboard to the iPhone | Windows Central following this post .... who thinks it will be good .... to get MS keyboard, I loved it ... on my 920 when I had it.
    01-16-2016 01:48 PM
    I'm using Swiftkey, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to turn off the clicking sound when you type. I have it disabled in Sound, but that seems to only work for the default keyboard. Is there another setting that I'm missing?
    01-17-2016 02:26 AM
    I'm using Swiftkey, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to turn off the clicking sound when you type. I have it disabled in Sound, but that seems to only work for the default keyboard. Is there another setting that I'm missing?

Open SwiftKey settings...

Sherry_B likes this.
    01-17-2016 02:30 AM
    Ah, thank you!

I had forgot that I shoved the app's icon in my Utilities folder... I didn't realize that's where the settings were.
    01-17-2016 04:28 AM
    Stock and Go Keyboard. I really enjoy the latter except sometimes it lags and types/swipes words I don't want it to delaying my responses. However, when using Go Keyboard, my phone automatically changes to stock when I have to input my password anywhere. No complaints here.
    01-23-2016 04:00 PM
    Stock and Go Keyboard. I really enjoy the latter except sometimes it lags and types/swipes words I don't want it to delaying my responses. However, when using Go Keyboard, my phone automatically changes to stock when I have to input my password anywhere. No complaints here.
    All 3rd party keyboards switch to stock for passwords and such. Apple did that for security reasons. I deleted my stock keyboard. I use SwiftKey as my default. Still the passwords though.
    01-23-2016 04:16 PM
    All 3rd party keyboards switch to stock for passwords and such. Apple did that for security reasons. I deleted my stock keyboard. I use SwiftKey as my default. Still the passwords though.
    wow really? I'm guessing it must have been the latest update then, because before I had to manually change it to the stock. Thanks for the heads up! Silly question, but how did you get rid of the stock keyboard?
    01-23-2016 05:49 PM
    wow really? I'm guessing it must have been the latest update then, because before I had to manually change it to the stock. Thanks for the heads up! Silly question, but how did you get rid of the stock keyboard?
    Delete it in settlngs like you would a 3rd party keyboard. Go to Settings >General >Keyboard> Keyboards > edit> Tap red - dot. I also deleted the stock emoji keyboard. SwiftKey has it's own.
    heyitsmaya likes this.
    01-23-2016 07:44 PM
    Delete it in settlngs like you would a 3rd party keyboard. Go to Settings >General >Keyboard> Keyboards > edit> Tap red - dot. I also deleted the stock emoji keyboard. SwiftKey has it's own.
    Awesome! Much appreciated.
    01-24-2016 03:39 PM
    I just reinstalled SwiftKey for like the 10th time and it still doesn't come up for me in the mail app. Really annoying. I've deleted the stock keyboard in settings and rebooted. Still no go.
    01-24-2016 05:01 PM
    I just reinstalled SwiftKey for like the 10th time and it still doesn't come up for me in the mail app. Really annoying. I've deleted the stock keyboard in settings and rebooted. Still no go.
    That's odd! I'll ask about it in the SwiftKey VIP forum. Here's my Nickel Dark SwiftKey keyboard in Mail.

eyecrispy likes this.
    01-24-2016 05:23 PM
    Looks like I will be deleting Swiftkey after-all. No mic. I don't understand the need for Apple to insist on this limitation for 3rd party keyboards. Sometimes my hands just hurt too much. Dictation can be helpful with this.
    01-24-2016 05:23 PM
    Looks like I will be deleting Swiftkey after-all. No mic. I don't understand the need for Apple to insist on this limitation for 3rd party keyboards. Sometimes my hands just hurt too much. Dictation can be helpful with this.
    I don't get it either. Fortunately, I seldom use dictation. You could still use both. Switch back and forth. I do it with several utility keyboards.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    01-24-2016 05:36 PM
129 ... 3456