Hi Guys,

Tomorrow i will be getting my iphone 6s or 6s plus, my question is is there a big difference between the two? Can you really identify the 720P screen of 6s compared to the 1080P screen of the 6s plus?

Another thing is can you really feel the OIS on the 6s plus compared to the 6s?

Battery life is okay for me as i bring my charger everywhere.

Thanks!
    10-13-2015 10:39 AM
    I had a 6 Plus last time around. This time I went with the 6s. I really like the size and only miss the bigger screen when sitting around at home. I don't do that very much. I am sure some people can or think they can see a difference in screen quality. I can't though. My pictures and video turn out great on my 6s so I don't feel like I am missing out on anything. The battery life on my 6s has been great. It's obviously not as good as the Plus, but it's very good and I am around outlets all day anyway.

Bottom line is, do you want a big screen? If the answer is yes, then get the Plus. Do you absolutely need to have the best battery life possible on an iPhone? If the answer is yes, then get the Plus. Those are the questions to consider in my opinion.

Good luck with your choice. Either way, it's a good one.
    10-13-2015 04:32 PM
    Last time, I had both the 6 and the 6 Plus. I loved the size and battery on the plus but really just couldn't get used to the size for my needs. I don't carry a purse and my lady pockets barely hold the 6. I ended up parting with the Plus and never looked back.

This time around, I went with the 6S. Happy with it except wish that it had a better battery. I hate having to charge it or worry about it on heavy use days. But for a typical day, I get by on a single charge, so I'm fine for now.

Good luck with your decision. You always have a return window with Apple if you change your mind.
    10-13-2015 04:36 PM
    I bought the 6plus last year. This year I went with the iPhone 6s. As stated above the two biggest differences are the screen resolution and the battery life. I can absolutely see a difference between the plus and 6s screen, the plus is noticeably better and I think the whites on the regular 6s are not as white as the whites on my 6plus (I do have the screen setup a little different on the two). All that being said I like the 6s a lot. It feels more like a phone than a tablet, unlike my 6plus. The 6s is very snappy and smooth. The battery life is as expected, especially after having the plus. I have an external battery pack that I take to work with me and everywhere else I have charger access. I love my 6plus, and still use it at home, and I love my new 6s. I don't regret making the change this year at all😀
    10-13-2015 06:12 PM
    Highly recommend you demo both of them in a store. Some people cannot stand a phablet but I couldn't imagine life without one.

They're both great phones so the real question is what size do you want.
    10-13-2015 07:14 PM
    6S will be the best.
    10-14-2015 05:17 AM
    My 6s is amazing!!
    10-14-2015 05:49 AM
    You need to figure out if the 6+ size fits your needs. All else takes a back seat imo. If it's too big for comfort, than all the upgraded features don't matter. Heck, I came from Android after 7 years mostly because of the 6s screen size. Most of the High end Android phones are now not one handed devices. Again, if you enjoy carrying a big phone, the 6+ is for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-14-2015 08:01 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for your replies, i was hesitant to get the 6s plus because of the size as i am coming from 5S. However, i will mostly watch videos, take pictures / videos of my kid hence i think the OIS and higher resolution screen will suit me more (i hope).

Today, i ordered the 64GB 6s plus, hopefully it will turn out well and hopefully i can adjust on the size of the 6s plus quickly.

Thanks for your responses!
    10-14-2015 04:20 PM
    Hi,

Thanks for your replies, i was hesitant to get the 6s plus because of the size as i am coming from 5S. However, i will mostly watch videos, take pictures / videos of my kid hence i think the OIS and higher resolution screen will suit me more (i hope).

Today, i ordered the 64GB 6s plus, hopefully it will turn out well and hopefully i can adjust on the size of the 6s plus quickly.

Great to hear! Hope you enjoy your new phone! Let us know what you think once you get it.
    10-14-2015 06:12 PM
    Hi,

Awesome....hope you enjoy it

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk
    10-14-2015 08:33 PM
    6s plus delivered today, and it was blazing fast coming from a 5s. Camera quality was superb compared to the 5s. The ois and 60fps is also good. Thankful that i opted for this phone.
    TripleOne likes this.
    10-28-2015 07:16 AM
    However, i noticed the lag / delay when unlocking the phone..
    10-28-2015 08:28 AM
    However, i noticed the lag / delay when unlocking the phone..
    I've experienced zero lag when unlocking my 6s Plus. Did you set it up as a new device or restore from a previous iCloud or iTunes backup? Setting your device up as new gives it a "fresh start" from a software standpoint, and it seems to make a difference in performance and battery life.
    Gtech21 likes this.
    10-28-2015 08:59 AM
    Thanks for your reply, i have set up my phone as a new one with no back ups. Have noticed a lot of the same thing at the 6s plus forums
    10-28-2015 09:00 AM
    Thanks for your reply, i have set up my phone as a new one with no back ups. Have noticed a lot of the same thing at the 6s plus forums
    Just give it some time. iPhones go through a lot of background processes when they are first set up that could be slowing it down temporarily.
    10-28-2015 09:03 AM
    Thanks, just found out also that it fixed itself after some time. thanks for the reply
    10-28-2015 09:04 AM
    I'm using 6 now, and I can't find any reason to use 6 plus/ 6s plus. I am very satisfied with the size and quality of phone.
    10-29-2015 01:46 AM
    I went the 6S because first time around I had the 6Plus I returned it for the 6.
    10-29-2015 05:00 PM
    One of my friend told me yesterday if you want to buy iPhone 6s so you should buy 6s plus..
    That isn't true. The plus could be too big for some (like me). It may not fit everyone's usage needs/patterns.
    10-29-2015 05:20 PM
    The 6s feels so much better in one hand than the plus.
    10-29-2015 05:57 PM
    I have the 6S as I don't need the larger size. The phone is unbelievable. The screen is very clear, its response is very fast, and I get almost two days on a charge. Can't ask for more than that.
    10-31-2015 04:43 PM
    Last year I bought a 6 Plus. I could not get on with it. I exchanged it for a 6, and I walked out of Apple practically skipping down the sidewalk because of how comfortable and perfectly sized the 6 is. It feels like it was designed with my hand in mind. The 6 Plus just did not fit right. The power button was too high. I had to walk my fingers up to get to it. It jammed into my upper thigh when bending down to tie my shoes. The weight made is vibrate pretty badly in my car mount. The screen was nice but I ultimately felt like the size was a burden and not an asset. I've since thought of the 6 as a phone that does everything the 6 Plus can do in a stealthier package (not counting OIS).
    10-31-2015 06:54 PM
    I read this thread because I was confused about which one to get as well. I have had the 6 and most recently the 6+ and I have decided to go back to a smaller size so I went with the 6s. I've had my new 6s for three days now and I don't regret going to the smaller version at all. The phone is fast, sleek, sharp and so easy to hold. Screen is gorgeous!

I was concerned that I would miss the screen size and battery life but I don't miss the weight of the 6+ or the battery. My 6s actually has better battery life than my 6+!! The screen size is perfect for me as well.

All in all I'm so happy that I went down to the smaller size!! It feels so much better to use.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    03-22-2016 09:39 AM
    I was undecided also, so I decided to go to the Apple Store and see which one would be more comfortable for me and my aging eyes. Needless to say I went the larger screen 6 Plus and then the 6s Plus. Coming from a 5s my eyes was grateful for the 6 Plus. I personally could never go back to a smaller screen unless I absolutely had to.
    I am happy that Apple joined the "Phablet" world.
    mumfoau, TripleOne and H_D like this.
    03-22-2016 10:33 AM
39 12