6s vs 6s plus

Bold9780_white

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Tomorrow i will be getting my iphone 6s or 6s plus, my question is is there a big difference between the two? Can you really identify the 720P screen of 6s compared to the 1080P screen of the 6s plus?

Another thing is can you really feel the OIS on the 6s plus compared to the 6s?

Battery life is okay for me as i bring my charger everywhere.

Thanks!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I had a 6 Plus last time around. This time I went with the 6s. I really like the size and only miss the bigger screen when sitting around at home. I don't do that very much. I am sure some people can or think they can see a difference in screen quality. I can't though. My pictures and video turn out great on my 6s so I don't feel like I am missing out on anything. The battery life on my 6s has been great. It's obviously not as good as the Plus, but it's very good and I am around outlets all day anyway.

Bottom line is, do you want a big screen? If the answer is yes, then get the Plus. Do you absolutely need to have the best battery life possible on an iPhone? If the answer is yes, then get the Plus. Those are the questions to consider in my opinion.

Good luck with your choice. Either way, it's a good one.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Last time, I had both the 6 and the 6 Plus. I loved the size and battery on the plus but really just couldn't get used to the size for my needs. I don't carry a purse and my lady pockets barely hold the 6. I ended up parting with the Plus and never looked back.

This time around, I went with the 6S. Happy with it except wish that it had a better battery. I hate having to charge it or worry about it on heavy use days. But for a typical day, I get by on a single charge, so I'm fine for now.

Good luck with your decision. You always have a return window with Apple if you change your mind.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I bought the 6plus last year. This year I went with the iPhone 6s. As stated above the two biggest differences are the screen resolution and the battery life. I can absolutely see a difference between the plus and 6s screen, the plus is noticeably better and I think the whites on the regular 6s are not as white as the whites on my 6plus (I do have the screen setup a little different on the two). All that being said I like the 6s a lot. It feels more like a phone than a tablet, unlike my 6plus. The 6s is very snappy and smooth. The battery life is as expected, especially after having the plus. I have an external battery pack that I take to work with me and everywhere else I have charger access. I love my 6plus, and still use it at home, and I love my new 6s. I don't regret making the change this year at all😀

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Highly recommend you demo both of them in a store. Some people cannot stand a phablet but I couldn't imagine life without one.

They're both great phones so the real question is what size do you want.

dominion1

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
You need to figure out if the 6+ size fits your needs. All else takes a back seat imo. If it's too big for comfort, than all the upgraded features don't matter. Heck, I came from Android after 7 years mostly because of the 6s screen size. Most of the High end Android phones are now not one handed devices. Again, if you enjoy carrying a big phone, the 6+ is for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold9780_white

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for your replies, i was hesitant to get the 6s plus because of the size as i am coming from 5S. However, i will mostly watch videos, take pictures / videos of my kid hence i think the OIS and higher resolution screen will suit me more (i hope).

Today, i ordered the 64GB 6s plus, hopefully it will turn out well and hopefully i can adjust on the size of the 6s plus quickly.

Thanks for your responses!

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for your replies, i was hesitant to get the 6s plus because of the size as i am coming from 5S. However, i will mostly watch videos, take pictures / videos of my kid hence i think the OIS and higher resolution screen will suit me more (i hope).

Today, i ordered the 64GB 6s plus, hopefully it will turn out well and hopefully i can adjust on the size of the 6s plus quickly.

Great to hear! Hope you enjoy your new phone! Let us know what you think once you get it.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Awesome....hope you enjoy it

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Bold9780_white

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
6s plus delivered today, and it was blazing fast coming from a 5s. Camera quality was superb compared to the 5s. The ois and 60fps is also good. Thankful that i opted for this phone. :)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
However, i noticed the lag / delay when unlocking the phone..
I've experienced zero lag when unlocking my 6s Plus. Did you set it up as a new device or restore from a previous iCloud or iTunes backup? Setting your device up as new gives it a "fresh start" from a software standpoint, and it seems to make a difference in performance and battery life.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, i have set up my phone as a new one with no back ups. Have noticed a lot of the same thing at the 6s plus forums :(
Just give it some time. iPhones go through a lot of background processes when they are first set up that could be slowing it down temporarily.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods