So what about overheating?

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
When the iPhone 6 was just launched, some scary stories popped up about the phone getting too hot and such.
Haven't seen much about this subject lately, so what's the story?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
When the iPhone 6 was just launched, some scary stories popped up about the phone getting too hot and such.

I don't recall seeing such stories about the iPhone 6. Would happen to have a link?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I would like to help you. But if you comment something that is negative smartphone, moderator will lock the topic.
Sorry

This is not true, we just don't want false accusations and/or threads to escalate into arguments and/or personal attacks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm sure there were a few people who had purchased defective units whereas others were probably using their devices far beyond how they normally used and realized that the device was warmer than usual. Anyway, there is no widespread problems with the iPhone 6 getting too hot.

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
6s one week old. Absolutely no heating. I have the Samsung chip also and do not notice anything except great speed. If anything is happening I think it is rare and perhaps should be checked out and let Apple determine if it is hot or not.
No issue here though with anything.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the Samsung chip in mine, but my wife's does and we use it for a space heater.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
My 6s was very hot when setting up initially. So much so it was uncomfortable to hold. After set up it hasn't been hit that I can feel, although I do have a case on it.

datduderaul

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I charged my phone with a third party charger and it fell between the couch while I took a nap. When I woke up and went to unlock it, the home button burned my thumb hasn't happened again but I haven't used that third party charger or left it in between the couch... Weird

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2