questions about 6s

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
6 weeks till my upgrade date, really thinking about switching to iphone. Have a couple questions though for those who have a 6/6s.

1) Just want to make sure, the screen lights up even if the phone isn't on a flat surface. Sounds weird but my blackberry only lights up if it's flat. If I have it in the holder on my car, it won't light up. My Samsung lights up all the time, so just want to make sure an iphone will light up when it gets a notification even if it's sitting verticle in my car phone cradle? Looks like you have to turn on hearing impaired?

2) Individual notifications: If you get 2-3 emails at once, does the lockscreen show each seperately? My samsung is annoying and will just say "2 new emails" so you have to unlock and open email to see what they are, very annoying!

3) Looks like from reading on here, the 6s can make it most of the day on a charge with medium use?

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
1. Yes the lock screen will light up no matter what the orientation of the iPhone if you have lockscreen notifications turned on for that particular app/notification. The Accessibility setting is if you want the camera flash to light up when you get a notification.

2. Notification are shown separately as you prefer... (note: except on the Apple Watch, it does the "2 new emails" thing...)

3. Battery life is totally subjective. I am a HEAVY user and I have never made it through a day on any iPhone -- including my current 6s+. But a lot of people say they make it through a day and even into a second "no problem." It really depends on how much you really use the iPhone and for what and what apps...

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the comprehensive reply, really appreciated. Wow you can toast the battery in a plus in less than 1/2 a day? You must be a super heavy user! I'm probably more a medium-light so bet even a 6 would get me past the dinner hour.
Thanks again!
Ron

jtb79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the comprehensive reply, really appreciated. Wow you can toast the battery in a plus in less than 1/2 a day? You must be a super heavy user! I'm probably more a medium-light so bet even a 6 would get me past the dinner hour.
Thanks again!
Ron

I consider myself a fairly heavy user, but that consists mainly of calls, texts, emails, and Microsoft office. I don't play games on my phone so that probably helps. My average day runs from 6 am to 6 pm before I head home. Rarely am I below 35-40%. I hear games will drain the battery very quickly though.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Wow you can toast the battery in a plus in less than 1/2 a day? You must be a super heavy user!

No, not what I said or meant. I did a non-scientific test the other day and under my normal what I consider "heavy" use on a weekday workday I made it from 6AM to 5:30PM until I hit 20% battery and the first low-power mode suggestion, so I need to top off the battery at some point during the day to make it an entire day (which for me would be 6AM to 11PM approx). Make more sense?

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Ah OK, that's good battery life then. My day is 8-9am through 5pm with light/medium use, so even a 6s should have juice left. My Note 4 usually has 70% left at that time and my blackberry goes 2-3 days, so bet the iPhone will make it all day. Thanks!

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Ah OK, that's good battery life then. My day is 8-9am through 5pm with light/medium use, so even a 6s should have juice left. My Note 4 usually has 70% left at that time and my blackberry goes 2-3 days, so bet the iPhone will make it all day. Thanks!

You should have plenty left by 5pm. I unplug my phone around 6:30am and at 11:30pm still had 12% left.

0611570dcffe130973819e15358239c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Cool, looks like the battery life has improved a lot since the 5 series!

Hey, here's another question, do you ever have issues with 4g? (my Note drives me nuts, many times when I'm away from home, it won't gather emails or access the Web, I have to restart to get 4g working)

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I only have issues with 4g when I'm in a bad area. Otherwise I have no problems with it. I had a note 5 prior and can't say I had issues with it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
OK cool, it might just be my particular phone

You had a note 5 and switched to a 6s+?
What makes you more satisfied with the iPhone over the note?

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
OK cool, it might just be my particular phone

You had a note 5 and switched to a 6s+?
What makes you more satisfied with the iPhone over the note?

I have a 6s not a 6s+, and as much as I liked having a big screen I did miss one handed use(plus I have my iPad for everything else). I'm always switching back and forth between iOS and Android because I'm a fan of both. For the most part I prefer iPhone because it syncs seamlessly with my rMBP and my iPad Air 2. Accessory support is also a huge plus for me, and I can't believe in this day and age I can spend over $200 on a pair of headphones and the volume and track controls won't work on an Android but work perfectly on my iPhone. It's the little things like that, that make the whole experience better for me on iOS.

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
That's where I'm at, deciding between 6s and 6s+. I actually am leaning toward the 6s even though the screen is a lot smaller than my Note 4. I have an iPad on the way so also was thinking use the iPad for a larger screen experience and the smaller 6s would be much nicer in the pocket and one handed when out and about.

Widgets, to me, are androids only advantage, but for me, the flakiness of of operation on my Note is really negating the things I do like. I just want a phone that 'works' and is fast and reliable.

Thanks for all your input, really appreciated!

Trystanlg1

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
If you have problems with your battery life then why not buy a Mophie battery pack, I bough one because I'm always on my iPhone and the battery is good for at least 2 days,

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The new iPhones have phenomenal battery life. I have. 6s Plus and my wife has a 6s. I highly suggest giving the iPhone a test run. You have 14 days to return it if you're dissatisfied.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox