When your phone is connected via bluetooth, is the audio input routed through the car stereo's bluetooth mic or the iPhone's mic? And is there any way to change that setting?

I'm having a hell of a time initiating "Hey Siri" while I'm driving and wondering what the problem is.
    10-07-2015 05:06 PM
    I'm not sure if "hey Siri" is designed to work over Bluetooth without a long press of the Bluetooth call button to get Siri listening.
    10-07-2015 06:49 PM
    I'm not sure if "hey Siri" is designed to work over Bluetooth without a long press of the Bluetooth call button to get Siri listening.
    What do you mean by "the bluetooth call button"?
    10-07-2015 06:50 PM
    Your car's system doesn't have a steering wheel button to press to initiate or answer a call? That one...
    10-07-2015 06:53 PM
    Gotcha. Actually, there's a button on my head unit that's supposed to activate voice commands but I haven't tried it with my iPhone.

So you're saying that if I use the "Hey Siri" command, the iPhone's mic is supposed to be picking it up? Not sure why but it very rarely works. I know my car isn't the quietest but my previous phone was a Moto X and it picked up my voice just fine.
    10-07-2015 07:32 PM
    Is the iPhone connected to your vehicle via a USB cable?
    10-07-2015 07:35 PM
    Is the iPhone connected to your vehicle via a USB cable?
    No, it's connected via bluetooth. I've got a 6s.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-07-2015 07:37 PM
    I find that it works but I have to mute my stereo first. It appears that "Hey Siri" is first activated through the phone's mic but then it transfers the audio to my car's Bluetooth connection. If it matters, I drive a '15 Chrysler 300S with Uconnect 8.4N.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    10-07-2015 08:56 PM
    I find that it works but I have to mute my stereo first. It appears that "Hey Siri" is first activated through the phone's mic but then it transfers the audio to my car's Bluetooth connection. If it matters, I drive a '15 Chrysler 300S with Uconnect 8.4N.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    Yea, I always mute the stereo when I do it too. Maybe I have a defective microphone.
    10-07-2015 10:16 PM
    Gotcha. Actually, there's a button on my head unit that's supposed to activate voice commands but I haven't tried it with my iPhone.

So you're saying that if I use the "Hey Siri" command, the iPhone's mic is supposed to be picking it up? Not sure why but it very rarely works. I know my car isn't the quietest but my previous phone was a Moto X and it picked up my voice just fine.
    My car's Bluetooth has a mic that pics up my voice when I press the Bluetooth call button. My iPhone is in my pocket.
    10-08-2015 12:12 AM
    Hey, i used Hey Siri last night and it came through the bluetooth in my car, however, it was slow to respond. I did have a pop up give me the option to use my car bluetooth or phone speaker though
    10-08-2015 05:19 PM
    When your phone is connected via bluetooth, is the audio input routed through the car stereo's bluetooth mic or the iPhone's mic? And is there any way to change that setting?

I'm having a hell of a time initiating "Hey Siri" while I'm driving and wondering what the problem is.
    My car blocks the hey Siri and the blue tooth call button. I believe it is because my version doesn't have CarPlay feature. Missed it by a few production months when I ordered my car.
    01-09-2016 12:10 AM