My 3D Touch doesn't work for app switching I could swear I turned off the feature but can't find it again.. I wanted to try it out. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-05-2015 10:51 PM
    My 3D Touch doesn't work for app switching I could swear I turned off the feature but can't find it again.. I wanted to try it out. Any help would be appreciated

There's no setting for "3D Touch app switching". 3D Touch is either on or off for everything. (Settings > General > Accessibility > 3D Touch > ON or OFF).

The app switcher thing requires a deep press on the left edge of the screen.
    10-05-2015 10:55 PM
    Look under settings, General, Accessibility.

10-05-2015 10:57 PM
    There's no setting for "3D Touch app switching". 3D Touch is either on or off for everything. (Settings > General > Accessibility > 3D Touch > ON or OFF).

The app switcher thing requires a deep press on the left edge of the screen.
    3D Touch works for everything for me but not quick app switching.. Deep press on left edge does nothing..
    Ugh found out what issue is the defender case doesn't let me get close enough to edge

10-05-2015 10:58 PM
    3D Touch works for everything for me but not quick app switching.. Deep press on left edge does nothing..
    Ugh found out what issue is the defender case doesn't let me get close enough to edge

Yeah, sometimes the cases can get in the way on edge stuff.

Press to the left of an icon. If I press too low on the screen, it seems to be pretty inconsistent. I have the best results when I press to the left of the icons and between 2 rows of icons, and then slide slightly to the right.
    10-05-2015 11:01 PM
    Call me a contrarian, but I still find the double-tap of the home button more convenient for bringing up the app switcher.
    10-06-2015 02:08 AM
    Call me a contrarian, but I still find the double-tap of the home button more convenient for bringing up the app switcher.
    I feel the same way about a lot of the 3D Touch actions. The old ways seem just as expedient. The peeks are cool, but the "shortcuts" aren't necessarily any shorter.
    10-06-2015 03:14 AM
    I do too I just wanted to try it out double clicking is easier

10-06-2015 02:15 PM
    Yes, but force/3D touching the left edge and swiping all the way to the right brings the last used app, rather than just the app switcher, which can be pretty handy at times.
    10-06-2015 03:46 PM

Yup, was just going to say you must be using a case. My case is slim and I still can't get close enough with my right thumb. I can do it with my left since the rest of my thumb doesn't make contact with the screen.
    10-06-2015 03:56 PM
    I feel the same way about a lot of the 3D Touch actions. The old ways seem just as expedient. The peeks are cool, but the "shortcuts" aren't necessarily any shorter.
    I don't think it's shorter but I've always hated the clicking of the home button so 3D Touch is a welcome addition.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk
    10-06-2015 04:27 PM
    I don't think it's shorter but I've always hated the clicking of the home button so 3D Touch is a welcome addition.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk
    Maybe it'll keep the home button from wearing out too fast. I may just keep this great 6s Plus for 3 years or more. 🏼
    nikkisharif and newsman787 like this.
    10-06-2015 04:48 PM
    I've been using iPhones and iPads since early 2010 and I've yet to wear out a home button.
    I was being facetious.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-06-2015 05:38 PM
    Same here.
    10-07-2015 07:35 PM
    I have the defender on mine and I have to really put part of my finger on the side case but it does work.
    10-11-2015 05:18 PM
    I've been using iPhones and iPads since early 2010 and I've yet to wear out a home button.
    I'm the same have owned many and whether you are using the home button for quick app switcher or not its still the most used button on the device and I have never warn it out and I have owned 7 iPhones
    10-11-2015 10:39 PM
    I've honestly started getting used to using 3D Touch to switch between apps. Obviously this only works with the last app that was used.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    10-11-2015 10:44 PM