My dad was recently in Japan and found these Aluminum Home Seal stickers (Sailor Moon because yeah i'm a nerd) and they show (this is Japan after all) they're meant for touch id as well. I just want to know HOW this is possible?

Picture for Reference
    Aluminum Home Button-Touch id, how can I get it to work?-home-button.jpg

My 6s isn't here yet as it is still shipping to me, but I'm curious if you guys think I should try it? How do you think this would work? Have you seen anything like this??
    10-05-2015 12:21 AM
    There are several of those floating around on eBay and Amazon...and while I'm not sure exactly how they get around the TouchID function of the button by covering it in whole, I do know that most of the TouchID's function relies on the metal ring around the button itself for capturing the information on your "fingerprint". Most of the ones I've seen don't cover this ring, but these seem to so I'm not sure how to explain that.

I do know, though, after reading the reviews that the installation of these things can be tricky...and if done incorrectly, will render the feature unusable until removed and cleaned.
    moaningmyrtle likes this.
    10-05-2015 12:46 AM
    Thank you! I will definitely try this when my phone gets here then? and see if they do work, and if not I can then remove and clean and go back to life as it was
    10-05-2015 12:57 AM