Power button ends calls on 6s

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
On my 6s, if I am on speaker phone, pressing the power button turns off the display. As soon as I take it off Speakerphone and hit the power button, it ends the call.

edwilk55

May 4, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone 6S Plus just started doing this yesterday after updating to 9.3 Beta 1.

Prior to that, it would just put the phone to sleep if I was on a call and hit the sleep/wake button.

This is what I want as I put the screen to sleep when talking on my Bluetooth headset to conserve battery and not be distracted by the screen light at night.

Wish it was a setting I could enable.

akirakiki

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
My iPhone 6S Plus just started doing this yesterday after updating to 9.3 Beta 1.

Prior to that, it would just put the phone to sleep if I was on a call and hit the sleep/wake button.

This is what I want as I put the screen to sleep when talking on my Bluetooth headset to conserve battery and not be distracted by the screen light at night.

Wish it was a setting I could enable.
Im also on 9.3 and it also happens to me...also on 9.2 you were able to switch to speakerphone/Bluetooth/iPhone with a button , now if you're in Bluetooth headset talking you can't switch to talk on the iPhone without turning the headset off.

XoneDB4

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on my iPhone 6 on iOS 9.3 beta.

I think it's specific to bluetooth devices. Normal behaviour without a BT peripheral is that the lock button ends calls when not on speaker, but doesn't end them when you are on speaker.

Usually, when a BT headset is connected, the speaker button on screen shows a BT logo and gives you a list of the various audio options, including your BT headset (default), iPhone and iPhone speaker. I've just noticed that this is not the case on 9.3 - even with a BT headset connected (and working), the button is still just a toggle for speaker off and on. Even the airplay menu in control centre doesn't show the BT headset, it only appears in the list of BT devices in settings.

The workaround I have found is to start your call, turn on the iPhone speaker, lock the screen then press the call button on my bluetooth headset, which automatically routes the call to the headset but keeps the screen locked. I can't be sure this will work with all headsets and is pretty annoying.

akirakiki

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Good news!! For those of you also having problems with Bluetooth calls ending when pressing the power button, it's been fixed in the latest 9.3 public beta 2 that is currently being pushed. Now you're able to switch from headset to speaker to iPhone while in a call plus turn the screen off.iMoreAppImg_20160127_165101.jpg

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I wish they would set this up as an optional feature. That's how I've had my Androids set up... to end a call when the power button was pressed. I'm so use to it. It's fine if they don't... just something I will get use to.

Makenzie Parker

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
What you have to do is press your home button to get to the main screen then you're able to lock your phone with the call still there! It will still be there if you choose to use speaker or not. Hope this helps!

Penny_lane21

Apr 26, 2018
Visit site
Re: Power button ends

Too much trouble.

I'll tell you what did happen, though. Last night, I tested on both of my daughters' phones (5c and 5s) and they both worked the way I wanted ---- While on a speaker call, the power buttons turned the screen off. Then they called me and I did the same thing on my 6S and it worked! No clue why. Nothing has changed.

This morning, I had to hop on a conf call on my way to work and it worked fine as well. Pressing the power button did not hang up my call. I'm annoyed that it's flakey. I'm happy that it at least seems to be working as I remembered from my previous iPhones.

I’m not sure how old the form is but I noticed the same issue when I was on a conference call the other day. I just tested it on a regular call and it didn’t happen. So I’m thinking that it may be a conference call issue? I’m not sure why it would make a difference or not but that seems to be the only thing in common here!

If you find a solution please let me know, I’d also like to close down my screen while on conference calls as I take most of mine in the car or with headphones in and it would be nice to conserve energy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods