My iPhone 6S Plus just started doing this yesterday after updating to 9.3 Beta 1.

Prior to that, it would just put the phone to sleep if I was on a call and hit the sleep/wake button.

This is what I want as I put the screen to sleep when talking on my Bluetooth headset to conserve battery and not be distracted by the screen light at night.

Wish it was a setting I could enable.
    Im also on 9.3 and it also happens to me...also on 9.2 you were able to switch to speakerphone/Bluetooth/iPhone with a button , now if you're in Bluetooth headset talking you can't switch to talk on the iPhone without turning the headset off.
    01-19-2016 10:37 PM
    I'm having the same problem on my iPhone 6 on iOS 9.3 beta.

I think it's specific to bluetooth devices. Normal behaviour without a BT peripheral is that the lock button ends calls when not on speaker, but doesn't end them when you are on speaker.

Usually, when a BT headset is connected, the speaker button on screen shows a BT logo and gives you a list of the various audio options, including your BT headset (default), iPhone and iPhone speaker. I've just noticed that this is not the case on 9.3 - even with a BT headset connected (and working), the button is still just a toggle for speaker off and on. Even the airplay menu in control centre doesn't show the BT headset, it only appears in the list of BT devices in settings.

The workaround I have found is to start your call, turn on the iPhone speaker, lock the screen then press the call button on my bluetooth headset, which automatically routes the call to the headset but keeps the screen locked. I can't be sure this will work with all headsets and is pretty annoying.
    akirakiki likes this.
    01-20-2016 10:54 AM
    You're totally right, let's hope it's part of 9.3 still being developed and it's fixed soon.
    01-21-2016 12:12 PM
    can confirm also. i am beta enrolled also and it began right after 9.3 release.

(iPhone6 Plus)
    akirakiki likes this.
    01-26-2016 03:50 PM
    Good news!! For those of you also having problems with Bluetooth calls ending when pressing the power button, it's been fixed in the latest 9.3 public beta 2 that is currently being pushed. Now you're able to switch from headset to speaker to iPhone while in a call plus turn the screen off.Power button ends calls on 6s-imoreappimg_20160127_165101.jpg
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-27-2016 04:51 PM
    I wish they would set this up as an optional feature. That's how I've had my Androids set up... to end a call when the power button was pressed. I'm so use to it. It's fine if they don't... just something I will get use to.
    01-28-2016 05:45 PM
    What you have to do is press your home button to get to the main screen then you're able to lock your phone with the call still there! It will still be there if you choose to use speaker or not. Hope this helps!
    12-07-2016 11:18 PM
    How to overcome this problem
    01-14-2017 09:47 AM
    How to overcome this problem
    As previously stated, you can't turn off this behavior in iOS. All you can do is avoid pressing the power button during a phone call.
    01-14-2017 10:20 AM
34 12