Can I get my 6S unlocked?

paramaribo

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I just purchased my Iphone 6S last friday from bestbuy at FULL price and I am with ATT, since the phone is mine can I get phone unlocked by ATT or what is the deal? Last year I did the same and they unlocked it for me with no problem this time I spoke to them online via Chat on their website and the lady told me NO because I am still under contract till Nov 11 or they will charge me a termination fee of $105.00 but I have no intentions to leave.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You have to push a little harder with AT&T sometimes...they HAVE to unlock the device if you have a receipt showing you pay full retail for the device. Your contract has no relevancy to a device purchased at full retail...and when they mention the contract that is still in place, you simply tell them that the phone relevant to that contract is not the phone you are requesting an unlock for, and the FCC requires them to unlock the device that was purchased without contract at full retail cost.

I didn't even have to with this one...I restored it via iTunes and it restored with the message it was unlocked out of the box. The last couple of years though I've had to call AT&T, one time they unlocked it with no problem, the 5S took a bit of pressing on them (which is why I said what I did above).

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Talk to another person or better yet talk to retention! You can easily get it unlocked. Your phone should not be tied to any contract!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased my Iphone 6S last friday from bestbuy at FULL price and I am with ATT, since the phone is mine can I get phone unlocked by ATT or what is the deal? Last year I did the same and they unlocked it for me with no problem this time I spoke to them online via Chat on their website and the lady told me NO because I am still under contract till Nov 11 or they will charge me a termination fee of $105.00 but I have no intentions to leave.

Don't mess with chatting or calling... just use the website:

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...tt.com%2Fdeviceunlock%2F%23%2F&token=INxY_RhI

Click the "I have read and agree ..." at the bottom of the page, then fill out the next page. I have unlocked about 10 phones, older and new ones, within about 10 minutes each, and with no hassle.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

kidwithhelmet

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Don't mess with chatting or calling... just use the website:

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...tt.com%2Fdeviceunlock%2F%23%2F&token=3RQmEBFV

Click the "I have read and agree ..." at the bottom of the page, then fill out the next page. I have unlocked about 10 phones, older and new ones, within about 10 minutes each, and with no hassle.

I got an instant confirmation email, then a request received email, any idea how long it takes to process?

And do I have to restore from a backup like the received request email states?

jrdfox

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
You sure can, you need to fill out the unlock request and you will receive the code in two days! Have done it several times with at&t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk