ill defend anyone who goes for 16gb. i did for many number of years for my iphones. this was first year i ever had device over 16gb. if they start 64 gb they just raise prices up which is not cool for people who want iphone but can only afford 16gb. if they kept price same then i be all for it but you know they wouldnt.
    If you can get only afford the 16GB and require it be an iPhone then be my guest but if you can afford the upgrade then you should do it....

Whatever was the OS on the iPhone 4 it only took up 2GB of space on my iPhone 4..... Ios 9 takes 5 gb of space on the iPhone 6. Live photos will take up even more space. If you don't want to play the game if which photos you want to save or not to and etc you're better off buying the 64gb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-08-2015 12:45 AM
    To each there own. I don't see why people constantly talk down about people who use 16gb. Ask me only reason some want apple make 64 base model is so they shove out new memory option. It works for some people should be respectful about people's choices. I seen plenty members here still on 16 gig who the high end people talk down to is ridiculous really. This topic about storage opinions should literally be squished into one thread.

grover5 likes this.
    10-08-2015 12:53 AM
    To each there own. I don't see why people constantly talk down about people who use 16gb. Ask me only reason some want apple make 64 base model is so they shove out new memory option. It works for some people should be respectful about people's choices. I seen plenty members here still on 16 gig who the high end people talk down to is ridiculous really. This topic about storage opinions should literally be squished into one thread.

Because in this day and age apple shouldn't be selling it and people shouldn't be buying it.....one thing if that's all you can afford* and another if you're just cheap and rather save money then have more space....

* if you can't afford an iPhone why are you buying a high end device?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-08-2015 04:59 PM
    Basic Econ 101. Enough people demand 16GB devices, so Apple supplies them. I guarantee if people stopped buying them, Apple would no longer sell them.

I'm taking an econ class and I know this? Just because people are buying it doesn't mean they are happy with it. It's the cheapest model so some just buy it....adding 32gb as the base model won't hurt Apple's bottom line and everyone is happy.

A lot of people buy Apple because it's Apple
    ...doesn't mean it's a good product or anything. Beats headphones sells yet they for the most part sound like crap*

Solo 2 sound decent and you can look at tyll Henderson review of them

10-08-2015 05:11 PM
    If you know this then why do you ask? Until people vote with their feet and choose not to buy a 16GB iPhone, Apple has no reason to not produce them. They are profitable for Apple (and yes 32GB would be slightly less profitable even if by less than $1 per device) and they have no reason to change.

Every other phone OEM has decided to take out 16GB model from the flagship model this year except for the nexus 5x or whatever it is. With flash memory prices going down taking away the 16GB and replacing with the 32GB model it will NOT hurt Apple's bottom line period no what but or if's. They might lose a few cents but won't be filing for bankruptcy

10-08-2015 05:23 PM
    Because in this day and age apple shouldn't be selling it and people shouldn't be buying it.....one thing if that's all you can afford* and another if you're just cheap and rather save money then have more space....

* if you can't afford an iPhone why are you buying a high end device?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This is where I'm completely dropping myself out of this conversation. Statement you just made right there r why some android users say " Apple people are just rich stuck up ***** " have nice day.

grover5 likes this.
    10-08-2015 05:40 PM
    This is where I'm completely dropping myself out of this conversation. Statement you just made right there r why some android users say " Apple people are just rich stuck up ***** " have nice day.

Android users? I have an iPhone 6 plus 128gb which costs $949 dollars and if you think that's cheap you're a rich stuck up person. The base iPhone 6 model is $549, the base iPhone 6s is $649 and add $100 for the plus version. The iPhone 5s is $450. If you're hurting on money which is the reason why you can't afford the 6 or 6s 64gb model why are you getting an iPhone? Priorities man and cellphone model is pretty low on that totem pole. The new Microsoft lumia 550 is $150 full price and the Motorola E is around the same price and as for the Motorola phone has been reviewed positively. Sorry if I couldn't afford $100 more for an iPhone I wouldn't be in the market for an iPhone period ( new at least).

10-08-2015 05:46 PM
    Android users? I have an iPhone 6 plus 128gb which costs $949 dollars and if you think that's cheap you're a rich stuck up person. The base iPhone 6 model is $549, the base iPhone 6s is $649 and add $100 for the plus version. The iPhone 5s is $450. If you're hurting on money which is the reason why you can't afford the 6 or 6s 64gb model why are you getting an iPhone? Priorities man and cellphone model is pretty low on that totem pole. The new Microsoft lumia 550 is $150 full price and the Motorola E is around the same price and as for the Motorola phone has been reviewed positively. Sorry if I couldn't afford $100 more for an iPhone I wouldn't be in the market for an iPhone period ( new at least).

It's possible that other people have different storage needs and would rather spend that $100 somewhere else.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    Shawn Schrader likes this.
    10-08-2015 05:55 PM
    It's possible that other people have different storage needs and would rather spend that $100 somewhere else.

A 16GB iPhone only has 11GB of space..... That's just unacceptable as a 8GB Android offering 4gb of usable space.... Apple knows this but they make money from the people buying the cheapest and also people who are forced to buy the bigger model. Apple is far from consumer friendly in terms of sales....

10-08-2015 06:27 PM
    Last time I checked nobody was forcing anyone else to buy Apple products whether that's the 16GB or 64GB or 128GB model.
    They ( Apple) are indirectly by even offering it and since it is the cheapest model it of course will sell the most

10-08-2015 06:43 PM
    No one forces anyone to buy any Apple product. If someone would rather have the Apple name (and all that comes with it) and product with a 16GB device than an Android or Windows phone with more storage, that is their choice and there is no force involved.
    If I were you I'd do like I did and give up the last comment of there's I replied to stated enough. At sake of you giving urself a migraine I'd say fine u win ( u know ur really the winner here )

10-08-2015 06:57 PM
    Of course 64GB. The storage of 16 GB is not enough to have more spare storage space for further iOS version upgrade. 64GB and 128GB storage space are the best choice.
    10-08-2015 07:52 PM
    If I were you I'd do like I did and give up the last comment of there's I replied to stated enough. At sake of you giving urself a migraine I'd say fine u win ( u know ur really the winner here )

Winner of what? 16gb isn't enough when ios takes 5gb of that space. It's one thing if you get 16gb but you don't.

10-08-2015 08:29 PM
    No one forces anyone to buy any Apple product. If someone would rather have the Apple name (and all that comes with it) and product with a 16GB device than an Android or Windows phone with more storage, that is their choice and there is no force involved.
    They force it by offering it.....people will buy it solely because it's the cheapest

10-08-2015 08:30 PM
    Winner of what? 16gb isn't enough when ios takes 5gb of that space. It's one thing if you get 16gb but you don't.

I had something written here but since I don't know how delete it via Tapatalk I'll just put ok you win

10-08-2015 08:34 PM
    They force it by offering it.....people will buy it solely because it's the cheapest

I won't argue that apple is charging more than they should for a 16 GB phone. They are. I'm just saying that's all that some people need. I just bought my 17 year old a 16 GB rose gold 6s because that's what she asked for. I offered the 64 but she uses Google photos in the cloud for pics and Spotify to stream music. She doesn't store anything on her phone. But I agree that apple loves money a little too much with this offering.

10-08-2015 09:04 PM
    It depends on her needs!
    My 16 GB suits me very well =)

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk
    10-08-2015 09:11 PM

Apple doesn't force anyone to buy anything. I've bought iPhone 16gb devices because that's what I wanted. It was what I needed, period, no other reason.
    10-08-2015 09:14 PM
43 12