How can I tell if my 6s has been hacked?

I

iMore Question

How can I tell if my 6s has been hacked

My 6s has been acting funny. My friends say that they have been getting messages from me that I don't remember sending and my email seems to be reading itself. Is it at all possible that my 6s has been hacked?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: How can I tell if my 6s has been hacked

My 6s has been acting funny. My friends say that they have been getting messages from me that I don't remember sending and my email seems to be reading itself. Is it at all possible that my 6s has been hacked?

So when you look at the messages is it possible that you wrote them, something you might say? Maybe it's just word choice but if unless the messages were simple like 'Hi'. I would have said: 'messages that I did not send' rather than messages I don't remember.

Are the messages showing up on your phone?
Does anyone else have physical access to your phone?
Did you switch phones? Could be a user of old phone or SIM crossing to your account?

Unlikely the phone itself is compromised.

Perhaps not related but having your email or computer compromised is far more likely.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

You're going to have to crack it open. You're looking for a small chip that says "hacking". Once found you'll need to put it in the microwave with your phone and let it run for 3 minutes and 23 seconds.

Prior to that I'd check to see if these are iMessages you're friends are getting. If so check any other Apple devices you may have.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Change your Apple ID password and make sure no one else has access to it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2