Thinking about switching from galaxy s5.

Gadgetry

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
That is definitely a reason to switch back if it is important to you and easier for you to use everyday.

Now after I say that is that the only thing that makes you want to take it back after leaving android?

So far, that's the only thing. I'm receiving an iOttie windshield mount with a10 foot USB lightening cable. I'll give that a shot and see how it goes.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I wish that were the case for me. I have had my 6S for 1 day and I'm considering paying a restock fee etc to go to the S6 (maybe Edge b/c of wireless charging). One feature that I really enjoy with a phone is full integration with my truck's infotainment system and Nissan created an app specifically for that purpose. Nissan does make the app for iOS but the functionality isn't there. My biggest gripe is with Pandora. Yes, I could just stream Pandora but I'd rather use the app built into the radio b/c it allows me like/dislike, scroll through my station list, create stations from songs...etc. To do this with an iPhone it must be plugged into the USB port. This makes absolutely no sense to me and is what I'd consider a compromise. I'm not what I'd call a super user of smartphones but what I do use, I want to work well and why use something plugged in when it should be wireless?

The driver for me switching to back iOS (I've had 2 iPhones previously) was the battery life of my Android which is still likely much worse that the 6S. I'm always concerned about running out of battery life but there are some fairly small/efficient devices to charge on the go.

We'll see...:concern:

So far, that's the only thing. I'm receiving an iOttie windshield mount with a10 foot USB lightening cable. I'll give that a shot and see how it goes.

That is frustrating for sure and I also noticed that in my car with Bluetooth streaming it won't show the meta data when using my iPhone but when I tried the Nexus 5 and 6 that had no problem but that didn't bother me too much since I have my music hard wired when I listen to it. There are some things about Android that I miss like being able to download ringtones directly to the phone, the multitasking is still a littler superior and the interoperability of course but iOS is closing the gaps in that regard.

The Lannisters send their regards

Meka Mac

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I have another question. I have Sprint and I am really leaning towards getting the iPhone but here is my question, do I stick with the 11 dollar insurance from sprint or do I get apple care from the apple store?

I know apple care doesn't cover the phone being lost or stolen and the insurance sprint has does. Also can I wait until the year that you get from apple to be almost over before I purchase apple
care?

Meka Mac

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site

I have an iOttie mount, it works great but I just don't know if it is going to fit the 6s. I am going to go to work tomorrow and see if my coworkers 6 fits in the one I have

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
No you can't wait. AppleCare+ is within 30 days of purchase, I think.

Yes like warcraftWidow said you only have 30 days after the date of purchase to get AppleCare+ just keep in mind they will check the phone for any damage prior to the purchase of the insurance.

Meka Mac

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Yes like warcraftWidow said you only have 30 days after the date of purchase to get AppleCare+ just keep in mind they will check the phone for any damage prior to the purchase of the insurance.

Oh ok thanks. I already plan to throw a case and screen protector on it as soon as it comes out of the box.

Gtech21

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
No you can't wait. AppleCare+ is within 30 days of purchase, I think.

You have 60 days from the date of purchase to get AppleCare plus. As long as you don't have an accident with it within the 60 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Meka Mac

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
So I got my iPhone tonight. I am absolutely loving it. Going to take a while to get used to the size coming from the s5 but right now that's the only thing I'm a little iffy about.

Keyboard is going fine, got my apps on here and have it somewhat set up the way I want it.

Quick question, I'm looking for a long lighting cord, anyone good ones you know off?

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
So I got my iPhone tonight. I am absolutely loving it. Going to take a while to get used to the size coming from the s5 but right now that's the only thing I'm a little iffy about.

Keyboard is going fine, got my apps on here and have it somewhat set up the way I want it.

Quick question, I'm looking for a long lighting cord, anyone good ones you know off?

I buy Anker lightning cables from Amazon.

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I had a 5, and now have a 6S...I'm sticking with apple this time, but they are lacking in several areas that android has already nailed down, especially in the alarm clock, led, widgets, and nfc arenas. That said, the fingerprint recognition is way faster, and the way apps use ram is much better.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Gtech21

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

Apple sells a 2 meter (close to 6 feet) cord. I always get Apple cords because they charge properly and come with apples one year warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
That is definitely a reason to switch back if it is important to you and easier for you to use everyday.

Now after I say that is that the only thing that makes you want to take it back after leaving android?

As someone who has the S6 edge and had had two replacements so far, I urge you to at least look into a different Android phone...

I have been a diehard Android user since the Galaxy S2. (I've owned iPhone 4 & 4S also) and I cannot wait until November when I can Jump to the iPhone 6s!

This edge has been nothing but trouble for me. The first one completely bricked (no, I didn't root it) and I had to have Samsung replace it. The second one had the annoying purple spot camera defect and I had to have Samsung replace it. This third one is currently giving me hell with lag, stutters, freezing and seems like it's on its way to bribing again.... I'm getting very frustrated.

Unfortunately, my friend has the regular S6 and she has the exact same issue, minus the camera spots. She's been through 2 replacements as well.

Personally, the edge screen just seems like a gimmick to me, I've had the phone since release and I've tried finding a way to make it useful but it just isn't.

It's obviously your choice, but please, at least consider a different Android phone.

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

Just be sure to get an Apple cord, or one certified as compatible. There's this bizarre problem with using non-standard chargers (and cords maybe?) where your iPhone might start tapping things all by itself ("ghost tapping"). I know, sounds crazy, but it happened to me - took me weeks to Google around and figure out what was causing it.

Probably more a problem with a non-standard charger than the cord though.

Meka Mac

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
As someone who has the S6 edge and had had two replacements so far, I urge you to at least look into a different Android phone...

I have been a diehard Android user since the Galaxy S2. (I've owned iPhone 4 & 4S also) and I cannot wait until November when I can Jump to the iPhone 6s!

This edge has been nothing but trouble for me. The first one completely bricked (no, I didn't root it) and I had to have Samsung replace it. The second one had the annoying purple spot camera defect and I had to have Samsung replace it. This third one is currently giving me hell with lag, stutters, freezing and seems like it's on its way to bribing again.... I'm getting very frustrated.

Unfortunately, my friend has the regular S6 and she has the exact same issue, minus the camera spots. She's been through 2 replacements as well.

Personally, the edge screen just seems like a gimmick to me, I've had the phone since release and I've tried finding a way to make it useful but it just isn't.

It's obviously your choice, but please, at least consider a different Android phone.

Kinda confused because I really have no idea what you are talking about lol. I never have the S6 edge, I had the s5 and those problems that you said you had I had none of them. The one time I got a replacement s5 was when I had a tiny crack in the screen, smaller then a quarter and they replaced it.

I was honestly to a point just sick of the android layout. Wanted a change, if I like it, which I do, I will keep it, if I don't I'll take it back and use my s5 again.

But in all I didn't really have problems with my s5 other then the occasional freeze and it only being 16gb and it being full.

Meka Mac

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Just be sure to get an Apple cord, or one certified as compatible. There's this bizarre problem with using non-standard chargers (and cords maybe?) where your iPhone might start tapping things all by itself ("ghost tapping"). I know, sounds crazy, but it happened to me - took me weeks to Google around and figure out what was causing it.

Probably more a problem with a non-standard charger than the cord though.

You think the ankler one will be okay? I have been using one for a couple months on my ipad with no problems but if not I'll cancel my amazon order and go get some from best buy or apple store.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox