Thinking about switching from galaxy s5.

Meka Mac

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
So for as long as I remember I've had android phones. I've always liked them and would never even bat my eyes at the iPhone, but I've been thinking over the past couple days and I really think I'm ready to make the switch.

Of course in the end I'm gonna make my own decision but I need you guys to kinda sell me. I think my biggests thoughts are I really don't like the iPhones keyboard, but I downloaded swift on my ipad last night and it worked great so that problem is solved. My other thing is I'm so upset to being able to customize the android that I feel I'm not going to be able to get used to that.

Thanks in advance for the tips.

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
What is it about the iPhone that suddenly has you contemplating the switch? Is it more to do with software updates that Apple pushed to all devices at once, as opposed to the wait and see method with Android? Granted iOS isn't 100% perfect, then again neither is Android. iOS has come a long way from the iPhone OS 1 days. You mention you have an iPad...by playing around with iOS on that device what are your likes/dislikes about it?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. I use to be the same way, I just didn't like Apple iPhones and then one day I saw the GOLD 5s iPhone commercial and "BAM"...two years later I'm still using an iPhone, I've upgraded to the 6 Plus since that commercial and I have to admit I do miss the customization of Android but that's it....the Apple iPhone ...well, "IT JUST WORKS" ...may I suggest the 14 day trial period that most carriers give you and see if the iPhone is for you....ENJOY the site.

clemson77on

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I just switched over to the iPhone. I thought I'd give it some time to see if I could get to like it because I like things to be stock if at all possible. Well, I just missed Swiftkey way too much so I downloaded it. Yes, you can download it but it's missing most of the features that the Android counterpart has. The biggest feature missing for me is the longpress for numbers and punctuations. Also, it will not be in every app and reverts back to stock at times. I was pretty disappointed.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I switched from R2D2 to the Apple with the 5S and I do not regret anything. Especially with a now "full size device" with tons of new features and iOS9. It is finally the phone I expected/wanted from them the whole time.
Do I miss the expandable memory? Not really as I was not using it. Customization was nice, but it was more to make it prettier than anything else.
I made my 6S pretty too.
It works flawlessly with my iPad and Mackbook Pro. Even when I connect it to my gaming Windows pc, it works great (less functionnality than with my laptop, though).
And it can do everything I need in my personnal and professionnal life!
All that is why an iPhone works best for me.

But, that is only my opinion. My personnal point of view ;)

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just switched over to the iPhone. I thought I'd give it some time to see if I could get to like it because I like things to be stock if at all possible. Well, I just missed Swiftkey way too much so I downloaded it. Yes, you can download it but it's missing most of the features that the Android counterpart has. The biggest feature missing for me is the longpress for numbers and punctuations. Also, it will not be in every app and reverts back to stock at times. I was pretty disappointed.

SwiftKey keyboard will stop disappearing if you delete the Apple keyboard and only appear for passwords....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443613127.838338.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443613140.117301.jpg

clemson77on

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
SwiftKey keyboard will stop disappearing if you delete the Apple keyboard and only appear for passwords....

Thanks for the tip! I assume it can always be added back in? I'm probably just going to stick with stock since the iOS version of Swiftkey doesn't seem to add much over stock but I'll keep that in mind.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Thats why anytime you use passwords the Apple keyboard pops up to prevent this.

At least there is that!

But emails or text messages can still contain sensitive information that you typed. I will stick with the Apple keyboard, haha!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
At least there is that!

But emails or text messages can still contain sensitive information that you typed. I will stick with the Apple keyboard, haha!

This is true. Glad I'm not that important where I would have to worry about that..LOL

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Meka Mac

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
What is it about the iPhone that suddenly has you contemplating the switch? Is it more to do with software updates that Apple pushed to all devices at once, as opposed to the wait and see method with Android? Granted iOS isn't 100% perfect, then again neither is Android. iOS has come a long way from the iPhone OS 1 days. You mention you have an iPad...by playing around with iOS on that device what are your likes/dislikes about it?

Honestly I'm just really ready for a change. I do like my s5 but I have been contemplating the iPhone for a while.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I'm just really ready for a change. I do like my s5 but I have been contemplating the iPhone for a while.

Once you switch and get used to the changes you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner! I started with the OG iPhone and then the 3G then the boredom and anger set in LOL cause apple was taking too long to implement MMS and copy/cut/paste so I switched to Android which began my downward spiral/obsession with customization, always getting the "latest" new phone and then at the end with the Galaxy Nexus I was literally flashing a new rom and kernel weekly sometimes daily just trying to eek out enough battery to last the day. One day I decide it was enough and traded it for an iPhone 4 to prepare for the launch of the iPhone 5 and ever since I've been a happy camper and wish I had never defected. The thing with Android is its all flash and sparkles with the 'oh you can customize, be different, there's a device for everyone!' BS but I feel that's covering up the true issues of Android like fragmentation, security flaws and the horrid battery life.

Just try it for a week or two you'll come around.

The Lannisters send their regards

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Best recommendation is try the iPhone and if it doesn't work out, return it for an android device. :) It takes awhile to get used to another OS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Meka Mac

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Best recommendation is try the iPhone and if it doesn't work out, return it for an android device. :) It takes awhile to get used to another OS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You think the 14 day trial would be enough time to get used to a new OS? I have a ipad that I use daily often so iOS wouldn't be brand new to me. I have alre have an iTunes account since I have a ipod classic. I'm really wanting to try it out and see how I like it I just don't want to not be able to be sure in 14 days and then be stuck with it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner