Love the 6s,,,,HATE THE BATTERY LIFE !!!!!!,,,,, any fixes ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Or Apple can stop making their devices smaller which then affects battery life because they are using smaller batteries

But then again I'm no Apple fanboy unlike people here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why? I've got no problem with my device today and I had no problem with my device last year. So why?

No, you're not an Apple fanboy...guess what....neither am I. Difference between you and me? I don't spend time in forums for devices that don't work for me bemoaning manufactured reasons why they don't work for me. But you do that. Because you like the drama and the attention. But you've lost any credibility you might have had left when you sit there complaining about having to use a juice pack that you already own and claiming that there are no electrical outlets in NY, of all places, to get you through nineteen hour days as a working student.
Come on. Tell me another one. Can't wait.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
You guys are giving that dude too much attention. I think the solution is simple. You want to go from 9 am to 3 am on a single charge? Not going to happen. Buy a charge case or a battery pack. Otherwise fall back and deal with the phone you purchased as it is.

Seems simple.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Then buy a different phone. Or move. Or change your mode of transit. Or change jobs. Or change schools. Do anything but keep complaining. Or use your battery packs or your Mophie. Find a place to charge. Don't stay out until 3am. Etc. Etc. Etc. Do something other than complain. Obviously of my random list of options, using your Anker power pack and Mophie are the easiest followed by gettin a different phone.

Apple does not owe you a perfect phone that meets your EXTREME use case. They are not producing an iPhone just for YOU. They produce one for the million and millions of people for whom the battery life is perfectly sufficient.

I tell my children this all the time. If something doesn't work for you, figure out how to change it and do something about it. If they complain to me, the first thing they get asked is "what did you do to try to fix the problem". If they say they did nothing, they get sent off to try again. I'm not going to listen to them complain if they haven't tried to help themselves.

Really. If I hated something as much as you seem to, I certainly wouldn't buy a product that supports that company. Because all Apple sees from you is another sale. Kaching!!!

I'm not going to change my life around my phone. It should last a long enough for a whole day. Apple will forsake battery life for thinner phone and sell it to you like it's a good thing

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
And you bought it! So sell it if you don't like it. You act like someone held a gun to your head and forced you to buy it and then follows you around everywhere to make sure you are forced to use it and not some other phone.
The battery does last long enough for a full day. As I said, your apparent requirements fall far outside the norm and Apple designs for the masses not snowflakes.

Apple doesn't design for the masses but for whatever they deem is for the "masses". They forsake battery for making it thin as possible will sell it however.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Why? I've got no problem with my device today and I had no problem with my device last year. So why?

No, you're not an Apple fanboy...guess what....neither am I. Difference between you and me? I don't spend time in forums for devices that don't work for me bemoaning manufactured reasons why they don't work for me. But you do that. Because you like the drama and the attention. But you've lost any credibility you might have had left when you sit there complaining about having to use a juice pack that you already own and claiming that there are no electrical outlets in NY, of all places, to get you through nineteen hour days as a working student.
Come on. Tell me another one. Can't wait.

You want me to take pictures of these invisible outlets on the subway platform?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
10 hours son. Scroll above. 10 hours. Even a nomad such as yourself could get by on that as you wait for NYC to install its first public outlet LOL

840ca2ccdb2d7ac286b342e11e1a0980.jpg

89f4187d94230bb8e450128c1c41bc7c.jpg
8b23f67dc3340227d2dc234477535040.jpg
62b5d25c0e091eecb46ad8ba7fd5e257.jpg
0ec01273b1a348cd939150cab578c502.jpg
48921465ca1ce0b7d759b6d7a942422d.jpg

Here's some pictures of these invisible outlets for you

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
:rotfl::rotfl: if you need more than 10 hours of screen time in a single day from your phone, as you are working, attending school, and hanging out with friends.........then what you need is NOT better battery life.........just a life.

I have one thanks?

rapha194

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
First point - Battery Iphone 6s is the median maximum. If for some of you it is good, okay. But for several people and specialized sites battery is a weak point of the phone.
Reviews for use in real life (not script) shows that iPhone 6s battery is similar to the Galaxy s6 which is another phone criticized for its battery.

Second point - The iPhone screen time is not real. If you turn off the screen with applications running in the background, the IOS will compute screen time even if the screen estaja off. So do not feel proud that you can 10 hours of screen time on your iphone 6s of 4.7 "this is not real use! This will never happen. Not Z3 compact Sony or Motorola Droid can close this time.

ps. Battery iphone 6 Plus is good.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Am I the only person left who is near a charger at any point of the day or night? Why do people act like it matters more how much is left at the end of the day vs the fact that they were able to do what they wanted without the phone going dead?

OP, this isn't directed at you. But thread after thread chastising the battery life of the 6 and 6S just has me bewildered. The phone is smaller and therefore the size of the battery is too. Despite this, I get 5-7 hours of usage in between charges if I run it down to 10% from 100%. For me to expect anything more is downright unreasonable.

Perhaps I am one of the few left who doesn't view plugging my phone in as 'acceptance of failure'. If I am at my desk, I plug it in. In my car, plug it in. Not using it at home, plug it in. Going to bed? Wait for it......plug it in. And as others have suggested:

• Turn off wifi when not using so it isnt searching for availability
  • Use wifi when available and cellular is weak signal
  • Turn off background app refresh
  • Turn down the screen brightness
  • Turn email to fetch manually
  • Turn location services off to save GPS tracking (unless needed)
  • Reduce your streaming
  • Turn off bluetooth when not in use
If all else fails and one simply MUST have all day battery life without ever needing to charge, then consider the 6S Plus.

Totally agree, even 5 to 7 hours of battery life sounds pretty decent to me, people forget how small the battery is in this phone and how much processing is running when they use it, this is no different than a laptop and i remember just a few years ago I would never get more than 4 hours with my laptop...

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Because I just love carrying them if I don't have a bag on me....

You are being unreasonable with your expectations, if you need 20 hours of battery life then get a flip phone and wait for the iPhone 20... That'll do it..

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
You are being unreasonable with your expectations, if you need 20 hours of battery life then get a flip phone and wait for the iPhone 20... That'll do it..

How? They can simply add a bigger battery. They rather it be pencil thin though

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
You want me to take pictures of these invisible outlets on the subway platform?

LOL!!!!! OK. Go ahead and take pictures of invisible outlets. Sure. Go for it.

Do you realise how nonsensical that is?

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
LOL!!!!! OK. Go ahead and take pictures of invisible outlets. Sure. Go for it.

Do you realise how nonsensical that is?

You say they're outlets yet there isn't any....I have yet to see an outlet on a subway platform that I've been on thus the pictures above

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
How? They can simply add a bigger battery. They rather it be pencil thin though

OK.

Were you completely unaware of the dimensions of the phone? Did you miss every report on the news, at iMore, on every single tech site on the dimensions of the device BEFORE you bought it?

No. You didn't.

So WHY did you buy it?

Apple would not have gone broke if you skipped buying it.

So why, after knowing the dimensions, did you buy it?

Put it in the mophie you've already got. That would make it thicker. That would solve the thinness issue AND the battery issue.

But no, that would give you a solution and you don't WANT a solution, you just want to hear yourself talk. You just want the attention. And yes I'm giving it to you because by this time I'm honestly curious how far you are willing to take this fallacy of no outlets in the whole of New York. Because I've had to endure the best of the best trolling posts at other sites so I'm honestly curious I how far these trolling posts are going to go.

Because knowing the dimensions of a device, then buying, and then complaining about the dimensions of the device, is sheer fatuousness.

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
You say they're outlets yet there isn't any....I have yet to see an outlet on a subway platform that I've been on thus the pictures above

So then how can you offer to take a picture of something you claim doesn't exist????

Drama......

Status
Not open for further replies.