Love the 6s,,,,HATE THE BATTERY LIFE !!!!!!,,,,, any fixes ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
My phone history, I've owned every Samsung Note except for the new 5, and owned every iPhone except for the 5c and the 6s Plus.

Loved all my Notes and my iPhones but the new finally improved iPhone 6s cameras really have really impressed me, so my new 6s is my new favorite,,,, EXCEPT for the battery life !!!

After a very very light day of usage today on my new 6s I was down 50% on battery life !!!!

The day I got the 6s I made the suggested changes I read online to prolong the 6s battery life,, but any suggestions would be most welcome ????

If I can't fix the battery life on my 6s then I'm swapping it out for either the 6s Plus or the Note 5.

Suggestions and opinions would be very welcome on how to improve my 6s battery life.

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Davyo

I wanted the 6s because I was tired of carrying around a phablet, I also wanted and need the 128gb which Note 5 does not offer.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
My phone history, I've owned every Samsung Note except for the new 5, and owned every iPhone except for the 5c and the 6s Plus.

Loved all my Notes and my iPhones but the new finally improved iPhone 6s cameras really have really impressed me, so my new 6s is my new favorite,,,, EXCEPT for the battery life !!!

After a very very light day of usage today on my new 6s I was down 50% on battery life !!!!

The day I got the 6s I made the suggested changes I read online to prolong the 6s battery life,, but any suggestions would be most welcome ????

If I can't fix the battery life on my 6s then I'm swapping it out for either the 6s Plus or the Note 5.

Suggestions and opinions would be very welcome on how to improve my 6s battery life.

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Davyo

I wanted the 6s because I was tired of carrying around a phablet, I also wanted and need the 128gb which Note 5 does not offer.

Honestly I would go with the 6s plus because of the bigger battery.

All that being said I would wait until 13 days and just use it like normal and see if it's the same, worse or becomes better. It's a new phone and your probably using it a bit more then normal so I'll wait for a bit to judge it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
You could try disabling 'Background Refresh' and 'Location' (this one can be set to 'While using' for certain apps). It saved me a LOT of battery ;)

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Also turn as much off as possible in system services of location services. You don't need most of those toggled on.
Also, is it possible you may be using your 6s more than usual because it's new? We all do that, then complain about the battery.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
My girlfriend goes from 100% to about 29% and her days go from 8AM to about 7PM. She is an intermediate user, so she does get some good use out of it. However, she's a n00b so she doesn't know the tricks to extending her battery life. So if she can muster up that kind of battery with everything on, then I'd say you're either using it MUCH more than you think, or doing things that are highly taxing on the battery (games, Netflix, etc) or could also be the first day or two of initial usage. iOS 9 takes a bit to settle itself down after initial setup.

I can get a whole days use, with heavy use, and I have a lot of unnecessary stuff turned off.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Am I the only person left who is near a charger at any point of the day or night? Why do people act like it matters more how much is left at the end of the day vs the fact that they were able to do what they wanted without the phone going dead?

OP, this isn't directed at you. But thread after thread chastising the battery life of the 6 and 6S just has me bewildered. The phone is smaller and therefore the size of the battery is too. Despite this, I get 5-7 hours of usage in between charges if I run it down to 10% from 100%. To expect anything more is downright unreasonable.

Perhaps I am one of the few left who doesn't view plugging my phone in as 'acceptance of failure'. If I am at my desk, I plug it in. In my car, plug it in. Not using it at home, plug it in. Going to bed? Wait for it......plug it in. And as others have suggested:

• Turn off wifi when not using so it isnt searching for availability
  • Use wifi when available and cellular is weak signal
  • Turn off background app refresh
  • Turn down the screen brightness
  • Turn email to fetch manually
  • Turn location services off to save GPS tracking (unless needed)
  • Reduce your streaming
  • Turn off bluetooth when not in use
If all else fails and one simply MUST have all day battery life without ever needing to charge, then consider the 6S Plus.

I don't have an outlet anywhere near me that I can use while I am working or using transportation....also when I'm out generally there's no outlets on buildings that I could use.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

daniesy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Is it that bad? I'd average 5 hours of usage on my iPhone 6 with Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter installed...the usually battery hogging apps. You could have a bad battery Davyo or it might be iOS's fault...

I think it's a bad idea to turn off features so you can barely get to the advertised battery life. This is not a good user experience at all! And let's not forget that iOS 9 promised +1h of battery!

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
The 6s+ gets much better battery life than the 6s and that's why I went big this year. I had the 6 last year and I couldn't come close to making it through a day. That being said, having 50% battery at the end of the day as you state is EXCELLENT battery life IMO...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Battery life is mediocre at best on 4.7 " iPhone. The Plus is so much better. I got nearly 10 hours of actually usage time on my 6s Plus yesterday. It's similar battery life to the iPad
cc4e07937318c153117735a4b3788397.jpg

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Am I the only person left who is near a charger at any point of the day or night? Why do people act like it matters more how much is left at the end of the day vs the fact that they were able to do what they wanted without the phone going dead?

OP, this isn't directed at you. But thread after thread chastising the battery life of the 6 and 6S just has me bewildered. The phone is smaller and therefore the size of the battery is too. Despite this, I get 5-7 hours of usage in between charges if I run it down to 10% from 100%. To expect anything more is downright unreasonable.

Perhaps I am one of the few left who doesn't view plugging my phone in as 'acceptance of failure'. If I am at my desk, I plug it in. In my car, plug it in. Not using it at home, plug it in. Going to bed? Wait for it......plug it in. And as others have suggested:

• Turn off wifi when not using so it isnt searching for availability
  • Use wifi when available and cellular is weak signal
  • Turn off background app refresh
  • Turn down the screen brightness
  • Turn email to fetch manually
  • Turn location services off to save GPS tracking (unless needed)
  • Reduce your streaming
  • Turn off bluetooth when not in use
If all else fails and one simply MUST have all day battery life without ever needing to charge, then consider the 6S Plus.

First of all, re-read my post. Where did I say that everyone must be near an outlet most of the day. I said if """I"""" am at my desk, or in my car, or at home, or before bed I plug in my phone. I also said I can expect 5-7 hours usage which is the expected usage on this phone and to expect more from a battery this size is unreasonable....which is true. I also said, if all that was mentioned fails to provide the desired battery life, then perhaps the 6S Plus would be an option.

So by all means, feel free to point out verbatim what statement I made that is wrong. If you are not privy to a charger at bed, in a car, at a desk, or at home all day long yet are still needing to use your phone for more than 5-7 hours during that time, but are unwilling to use a battery case or switch to a phone with a larger battery, then I honestly don't know what to tell you.

The first paragraph? Right there

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
View attachment 93293
I suppose this is considered mediocre by some. But for a sub 1800 mAh battery? I'll take it.

That battery will work for some but not me. When I had a 6, I could never make it a full day and I would average getting 7 hours of usage time. Having both devices previously, the battery usage I got on the 6 compared to the plus was just mediocre.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
What finn5975 is suggesting is on point. It's called battery management. Just like storage management.
The user has to manage these things.
I have a 6 Plus and with using low power mode I flew from LA to Atlanta to Philadelphia on 65% battery listened to music for a hour on one flight with phone in airplane mode turn brightness all the way down.
Cab ride home I texted my GF for about 20 mins. Got home and had a hour and half phone call and never charged through the entire process. Ended with like 12% battery.

During the call I was expecting a shutdown but it didn't happen.

My point is using airplane mode, brightness and low power mode I was able to manage by battery and still function. I'm sure I could do the same on the 6/6S.

Folks are quick to say poor battery life when it's actually poor battery management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Lol, again, what is the inaccurate statement??

"Am I the only person left who is near a charger at any point of the day or night?" That.....is a question.
"
Why do people act like it matters more how much is left at the end of the day vs the fact that they were able to do what they wanted without the phone going dead?" That....is.....another question.

I am trying fella, trying really hard to follow your act here but I am just not seeing it. Once again, if you are not near a charger at all, day or night, as questioned in my original paragraph, then I just am not sure what to tell you. They haven't made a (never needs to be charged) battery yet.

You asked are you the only one left who is near an outlet at all during the day or night which is implying everybody isn't or they should be......not everyone is near an outlet

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Once again your assuming what? If the phone cant reach until 10PM does it matter if your near an outlet or not? It's dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen