I'll spend $750 or more on a iPhone and $100 on a battery case or $20 on a external battery to get the job done.
    If I'm traveling for 8 plus hours and need power I'll use the tools or tech available to get power.
    Do I say to my boss that I can't read your music because I couldn't charge my device or Apple needs to make a bigger battery? No. Its my responsibility not Apple to make it happen to make it work.
    Man forget crying about battery life. Get it done. I'll hook a car battery up to my phone if it's going help make that money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is Apples responsinty to give the user good battery life because their the ones who decided to enclose it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-02-2015 10:05 AM
    It is Apples responsinty to give the user good battery life because their the ones who decided to enclose it.

It is not Apple's responsibility to do anything. You know the specifications of the phone. You know from use about how long it should it last. From my reading, which I have been doing a lot lately as I am possibly buying one, it should last 6-8hrs of moderate to heavy use.

Apple has made a product, it us up to the costumer if that product meets there needs. If it does not, then do not buy it. It really is as simple as that. I have yet to find, read about a cell phone that will last 9am to 3am with moderate to heavy use. However, it is obvious the Iphone is not for you as it does not meet your needs. Apple does not have to tailor a product to you, they make a product that meets millions of peoples needs with some that it will not meet.

Continuing to argue with someone who has a different opinion does not really help much. Having a constructive discussion on different points does help. This is not what this thread is about.

Good luck finding a phone.
    10-02-2015 11:05 AM
    It is not Apple's responsibility to do anything. You know the specifications of the phone. You know from use about how long it should it last. From my reading, which I have been doing a lot lately as I am possibly buying one, it should last 6-8hrs of moderate to heavy use.

Apple has made a product, it us up to the costumer if that product meets there needs. If it does not, then do not buy it. It really is as simple as that. I have yet to find, read about a cell phone that will last 9am to 3am with moderate to heavy use. However, it is obvious the Iphone is not for you as it does not meet your needs. Apple does not have to tailor a product to you, they make a product that meets millions of peoples needs with some that it will not meet.

Continuing to argue with someone who has a different opinion does not really help much. Having a constructive discussion on different points does help. This is not what this thread is about.

Good luck finding a phone.
    Good luck? I'm happy with my 6 Plus..... The 6 has an awful battery that should of had a bigger one

10-02-2015 02:56 PM
    Good luck? I'm happy with my 6 Plus..... The 6 has an awful battery that should of had a bigger one

This is like "I got a stick shift car but manual transmissions are new to me so this car is crap".

Manage your battery, take the tips people gave you. And you make it sound like you live/work/study in a grotto where there are no power outlets anywhere, haha! Come on =P

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk
    qbnkelt likes this.
    10-02-2015 05:10 PM
    Am I the only person left who is near a charger at any point of the day or night? Why do people act like it matters more how much is left at the end of the day vs the fact that they were able to do what they wanted without the phone going dead?

OP, this isn't directed at you. But thread after thread chastising the battery life of the 6 and 6S just has me bewildered. The phone is smaller and therefore the size of the battery is too. Despite this, I get 5-7 hours of usage in between charges if I run it down to 10% from 100%. For me to expect anything more is downright unreasonable.

Perhaps I am one of the few left who doesn't view plugging my phone in as 'acceptance of failure'. If I am at my desk, I plug it in. In my car, plug it in. Not using it at home, plug it in. Going to bed? Wait for it......plug it in. And as others have suggested:

• Turn off wifi when not using so it isnt searching for availability
    • Use wifi when available and cellular is weak signal
    • Turn off background app refresh
    • Turn down the screen brightness
    • Turn email to fetch manually
    • Turn location services off to save GPS tracking (unless needed)
    • Reduce your streaming
    • Turn off bluetooth when not in use

If all else fails and one simply MUST have all day battery life without ever needing to charge, then consider the 6S Plus.
    Seems like your not getting very good battery life I use my phone all day for surfing texting etc etc and get 10 percent per hour used

10-02-2015 05:28 PM
    This is like "I got a stick shift car but manual transmissions are new to me so this car is crap".

Manage your battery, take the tips people gave you. And you make it sound like you live/work/study in a grotto where there are no power outlets anywhere, haha! Come on =P

I'm still trying to figure out how a working student can find time to hang out with friends until 3 am and be up by 9 am. How do you manage a GPA to stay in your major????? Unless you're Stephen Hawking or Albert Einstein that would be difficult. The battery life is the least of my interest there.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    10-02-2015 05:47 PM
    I'm still trying to figure out how a working student can find time to hang out with friends until 3 am and be up by 9 am. How do you manage a GPA to stay in your major????? Unless you're Stephen Hawking or Albert Einstein that would be difficult. The battery life is the least of my interest there.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4
    Haha I know right! I could barely do that when I was only studying so I totally forgot that idea when I found a job in the meantime =P
    But hey, we had electricity so I could still charge my phone!

10-02-2015 05:54 PM
    Keep in mind though, that is 5-7 hours of actual usage time I am getting. Combined with standby time, my phone is lasting most of the day.

Sidenote, Bulls fan I see? Any chance you are in the Chicago area? I am headed to Milwaukee now to see the Cubs play. Bummer about D Rose, yet, again.
    I live in the suburbs of Milwaukee bulls and Blackhawks for life though.. I'm a Brewers fan though

As far as battery life I have 3 hours 7 minutes of usage and 10 hours of standby right now and I'm at 70 percent with no charging

nikkisharif likes this.
    10-02-2015 05:56 PM
    Haha I know right! I could barely do that when I was only studying so I totally forgot that idea when I found a job in the meantime =P
    But hey, we had electricity so I could still charge my phone!

Oh hey when I was in graduate school it took me HOURS to do my reading and writing. Hanging out was nonexistent.

It was different in high school. I didn't open a book.
    10-02-2015 05:58 PM
    Oh hey when I was in graduate school it took me HOURS to do my reading and writing. Hanging out was nonexistent.

Same here, pretty much!

10-02-2015 05:59 PM
    Coming in as a 10 year BB user, this battery discussion is amazing to me.

I have been using a Z10 for 2.5 years now (which most BB users agree has the worst battery life of the 10 gen devices) and I get 10 hours on a bad day.

I regularly get 12 to 16 on a full charge with all the social accounts, 4 email accounts (2 using push), and a bunch of Android apps running on a regular basis.

Now, I now I'm going to get the usual "Then stay with BB!" flame assault, but they are going full Android and I can't be OK with that.

I'm trying do my home work and see which device is my best option. The 6S+ is appealing because of the larger battery, but I was hoping for something more pocket-able. But, the battery on the 6S looks like a deal breaker. I don't think it acceptable to have to charge 2-3 times a day to get through a big day. Also, buying a cable to stash at every potential stop throughout my day seems silly. That's something like $50-100 in cables!

This transition is going to be rougher than I thought...
    10-02-2015 07:34 PM
    I'm not a heavy user at all, but I would say I'm a heavy moderate user and I can go the entire day on 1 charge, do not read into any of these people complaining about battery life on the 6s, even if I was a heavy user I would still get a full charge out of the day as it stands now when I put it back on the charger at night I've got 60% left and that's at 11:15pm at night I could go hours more. If you can't see that's a very decent battery, don't know what to show/tell you.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-02-2015 08:07 PM
    I don't have a 6s, but I did have a 6. The battery life was okay, but definitely not great compared to a lot of the bigger phones out there (6 plus included). If you are definitely opposed to having a larger phone, I would recommend getting a battery case for your 6s. I had a Supcase Beetle Power case for my iPhone 6, which I used on those days that I knew would be especially long. Another tip would be to get an iPad charger, which will charge your iPhone much faster than the standard iPhone charging brick.
    10-02-2015 08:19 PM
    Coming in as a 10 year BB user, this battery discussion is amazing to me.

I have been using a Z10 for 2.5 years now (which most BB users agree has the worst battery life of the 10 gen devices) and I get 10 hours on a bad day.

I regularly get 12 to 16 on a full charge with all the social accounts, 4 email accounts (2 using push), and a bunch of Android apps running on a regular basis.

Now, I now I'm going to get the usual "Then stay with BB!" flame assault, but they are going full Android and I can't be OK with that.

I'm trying do my home work and see which device is my best option. The 6S+ is appealing because of the larger battery, but I was hoping for something more pocket-able. But, the battery on the 6S looks like a deal breaker. I don't think it acceptable to have to charge 2-3 times a day to get through a big day. Also, buying a cable to stash at every potential stop throughout my day seems silly. That's something like $50-100 in cables!

This transition is going to be rougher than I thought...
    The 6s isn't a bad choice but you can't expect super long battery life from a device with a 17-1800 mAh battery. For the size j feel like I get decent life....not as good as my 6s plus but it's not bad. Since I still have 53% battery left, I should get about 8+ hours today. I don't think that's bad considering i took it off the charger before 0500 PT.

10-02-2015 08:46 PM
    Love the 6s,,,,HATE THE BATTERY LIFE !!!!!!,,,,, any fixes ??????-imoreappimg_20151002_211430.jpg

Finally had a chance to really test the battery life. I have a bad habit of plugging in my phone as soon as I get home or in the car. Today, none of that.

Phones been off the plug since 230AM, in use since 730AM and had about 15 mins of HotSpot usage around 12 and another 30 mins around 7. Also, very heavy usage the past hour.

All in all, I'd say the battery life is amazing. A solid days use, with still some battery life left.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-02-2015 09:16 PM

Yeah I had to learn to study in college since it wasn't necessary in high school (and I was at the top of my class).
    10-02-2015 09:21 PM
    I don't have a 6s, but I did have a 6. The battery life was okay, but definitely not great compared to a lot of the bigger phones out there (6 plus included). If you are definitely opposed to having a larger phone, I would recommend getting a battery case for your 6s. I had a Supcase Beetle Power case for my iPhone 6, which I used on those days that I knew would be especially long. Another tip would be to get an iPad charger, which will charge your iPhone much faster than the standard iPhone charging brick.
    The OP doesn't even have a 6S. He bought a 6S Plus. He's just arguing for the sake of arguing.
    10-02-2015 09:23 PM
    The OP doesn't even have a 6S. He bought a 6S Plus. He's just arguing for the sake of arguing.
    Are you sure about that? The original post from Davyo mentions that he has a 6S. The person everybody has been bickering with for several pages is not the OP.
    10-02-2015 09:32 PM
    Are you sure about that? The original post from Davyo mentions that he has a 6S. The person everybody has been bickering with for several pages is not the OP.
    Maybe I lost track of who the OP was. I meant @closingracer who has been doing most of the arguing already bought a 6S Plus.
    10-02-2015 09:34 PM

What tips? Don't need any nor asked for any

10-02-2015 11:11 PM
    What tips? Don't need any nor asked for any

You know, that's right you didn't ask for tips. You only came in to this thread like you do in nearly every thread to argue on some point. In this thread, you would have us believe that as a working student you go from 9 am to 3 am with zero access to any power outlet source. In New York. Not the middle of the desert in California, in New York. The middle of the financial, entertainment, fashion capital of the US. All to pick a fight with Finn. And to say that Apple is irresponsible for selling a phone that does not meet that lifestyle.

I call the whole statement bogus. Because all I see from your posts is a history of jumping in and complaining on anything that would be positive for Apple or its products, from customer service when you complained about the New York fares and the time spent traveling to an Apple Store, to your current complaint about battery life on some premise of some extra long day that is simply fantastical.

So no. You didn't ask for tips. Or help. You same in as you do in nearly every thread to disrupt and argue and derail. Hhhhhhmmmm.....I wonder what that would be called on online forums.....

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus
    10-03-2015 04:14 AM
    You know, that's right you didn't ask for tips. You only came in to this thread like you do in nearly every thread to argue on some point. In this thread, you would have us believe that as a working student you go from 9 am to 3 am with zero access to any power outlet source. In New York. Not the middle of the desert in California, in New York. The middle of the financial, entertainment, fashion capital of the US. All to pick a fight with Finn. And to say that Apple is irresponsible for selling a phone that does not meet that lifestyle.

I call the whole statement bogus. Because all I see from your posts is a history of jumping in and complaining on anything that would be positive for Apple or its products, from customer service when you complained about the New York fares and the time spent traveling to an Apple Store, to your current complaint about battery life on some premise of some extra long day that is simply fantastical.

So no. You didn't ask for tips. Or help. You same in as you do in nearly every thread to disrupt and argue and derail. Hhhhhhmmmm.....I wonder what that would be called on online forums.....

Nail on the head. Does this person think we haven't seen them pretty much all over Mobile Nations? Arguing just for the sake of arguing.

When does becoming a professional troll start to get old? Can we retire this ridiculous game of grousing for self fulfillment? *Sighs*

Lil, I'm thinking a tiger can't change its stripes....

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk.
    10-03-2015 05:07 AM

Because there is outlets around and about in NYC? I can take pics of these imaginary outlets all outside in NYC if you want. I work during weekends and have no outlets there nor do I at school unless I want to sit at the back of the class.

Apple wants to make these phones thinner rather then give adequate battery life. I mean it's seemingly fine for Apple to give a smaller battery but if Samsung does with its Note 5 we go down their throats about it? Makes perfect sense right there. The iPhone 6s should have at least a 2,000 mah battery and the 6s plus should have a 3,000 mah battery. The battery on the plus is adequate enough for my taste but I rather have a slightly thicker phone with a bigger battery....

10-03-2015 07:57 AM
    Because there is outlets around and about in NYC? I can take pics of these imaginary outlets all outside in NYC if you want. I work during weekends and have no outlets there nor do I at school unless I want to sit at the back of the class.

Apple wants to make these phones thinner rather then give adequate battery life. I mean it's seemingly fine for Apple to give a smaller battery but if Samsung does with its Note 5 we go down their throats about it? Makes perfect sense right there. The iPhone 6s should have at least a 2,000 mah battery and the 6s plus should have a 3,000 mah battery. The battery on the plus is adequate enough for my taste but I rather have a slightly thicker phone with a bigger battery....

If you want a thicker iPhone with a bigger battery, slap a Mophie on it, and you'll have exactly what you want.
    I've never said anything for or against the size of the battery in a Note phone. I neither know nor care what size battery it has. But if it's battery capacity would work better for you, why don't you switch to it.
    And you just admitted that you do have access to power in class, you just choose not to use it. And NYC has a Starbucks on nearly every corner. Surely you could pop into one of those to add power.
    10-03-2015 08:06 AM
    If you want a thicker iPhone with a bigger battery, slap a Mophie on it, and you'll have exactly what you want.
    I've never said anything for or against the size of the battery in a Note phone. I neither know nor care what size battery it has. But if it's battery capacity would work better for you, why don't you switch to it.
    And you just admitted that you do have access to power in class, you just choose not to use it. And NYC has a Starbucks on nearly every corner. Surely you could pop into one of those to add power.
    I'm talking about 05-1 inch thicker not mophie sized thicker...which I already do own one but hardly use it since it's charge is also so slow being a 1 amp charger.

I choose to pay attention in class vs being in the back of it and can't see the board to charge my phone. I also rather not waste my time in Starbucks solely to charge my phone specially when it's packed.

And I never said anybody here slams the note 5....just go read any review of it or first impression of the phone.... The note 4 had a 3300 mah battery and the note 5 has a 3000 mah battery. People slammed Samsung for that move yet Apple does the same thing and it's seemingly fine?

IPhone has better battery life then Android but it still could be better....

10-03-2015 08:15 AM
231 ... 23456 ...