Battery life is mediocre at best on 4.7 " iPhone. The Plus is so much better. I got nearly 10 hours of actually usage time on my 6s Plus yesterday. It's similar battery life to the iPad https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09...a4b3788397.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Almost 10 hours of actual usage isn't bad at all.
    09-30-2015 01:35 PM
    Doesn't battery stats show where that juice go? Have noticed that battery stats doesn't show from " last time charged" as it does on android.
    09-30-2015 01:37 PM
    Once again your assuming what? If the phone cant reach until 10PM does it matter if your near an outlet or not? It's dead

Maybe Finn and I are the oddballs/privileged here, but I can't think of any jobs where commuting + job takes from 6am - 10pm (16 hours) and that job + commuting is never near an outlet.
    Most people (in the US at least) that have long commutes do so by car at least part of the way and so should have an opportunity to charge.
    There are certainly people who have jobs that may not have charging available (construction, nurses, retail to name a few) but in those cases should probably not be using the phone on the job so the battery should not run down if they aren't using it or only using it during breaks/lunch especially if they turn off unnecessary things like background Facebook updates while they can't use the device or turn off wifi if it's not available at their job.
    So even a middling-worst example should have plenty of battery time. Take a nurse with a 1 hour public transit commute (can't charge) who works a 12 hour shift (so 14 hours between leaving home and returning). Let's be generous and give him/her a 1 hour lunch and 2 30 minutes breaks and he/she spends the complete break time using the phone rather than eating, using the restroom, etc. So that would be a total of 4 hours of use (2 commuting, 2 on breaks or lunch). Even if that person were playing a battery sucking game for some of that time, 4 hours of use should not deplete the battery even if there are 2 additional hours of background use (which sounds ridiculously high). And then this hypothetical person is home at 8pm and this should have access to power at that point although they should still have plenty of juice to last until 10pm if they wanted.
    So what is your hypothetical use scenario where someone has no access to a charger all day and also works at a job where they have to/have the opportunity to use a personal cell phone for enough hours to deplete the battery?
    09-30-2015 01:37 PM
    Doesn't battery stats show where that juice go? Have noticed that battery stats doesn't show from " last time charged" as it does on android.
    It does if you charge all the way to 100%. A partial charge won't reset the battery usage stats though.
    09-30-2015 01:40 PM
    Maybe Finn and I are the oddballs/privileged here, but I can't think of any jobs where commuting + job takes from 6am - 10pm (16 hours) and that job + commuting is never near an outlet.
    Most people (in the US at least) that have long commutes do so by car at least part of the way and so should have an opportunity to charge.
    There are certainly people who have jobs that may not have charging available (construction, nurses, retail to name a few) but in those cases should probably not be using the phone on the job so the battery should not run down if they aren't using it or only using it during breaks/lunch especially if they turn off unnecessary things like background Facebook updates while they can't use the device or turn off wifi if it's not available at their job.
    So even a middling-worst example should have plenty of battery time. Take a nurse with a 1 hour public transit commute (can't charge) who works a 12 hour shift (so 14 hours between leaving home and returning). Let's be generous and give him/her a 1 hour lunch and 2 30 minutes breaks and he/she spends the complete break time using the phone rather than eating, using the restroom, etc. So that would be a total of 4 hours of use (2 commuting, 2 on breaks or lunch). Even if that person were playing a battery sucking game for some of that time, 4 hours of use should not deplete the battery even if there are 2 additional hours of background use (which sounds ridiculously high). And then this hypothetical person is home at 8pm and this should have access to power at that point although they should still have plenty of juice to last until 10pm if they wanted.
    So what is your hypothetical use scenario where someone has no access to a charger all day and also works at a job where they have to/have the opportunity to use a personal cell phone for enough hours to deplete the battery?
    NYC subways have zero outlets and my job doesn't have outlets. Plus my commute to school is around 2 hours one way and depending on when you get to school there is no outlets. I also hang out with friends after work so I won't be home until 2-3 AM so yes I am out between 9 AM and even later around 2-3 AM

09-30-2015 01:48 PM
    It does. But I'm just stating his statement is wrong. Not everybody is near an outlet 24/7

Amazon.com: Anker 2nd Gen Astro 6400mAh External Battery Pack with PowerIQ Technology 2A Output Portable USB Charger Power Bank for Smart Devices (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Get one of these. It supplies 2A of current so you can gain a lot of charge in just a short period.

I'm with Finn, I don't see why it is seemingly frowned upon to charge your phone throughout the day. If you have a computer at work then there is an outlet nearby or a USB port on that computer that you can charge. Or like I posted above, buy a portable battery you can keep connected to your phone while you commute or something.
    09-30-2015 01:59 PM
    NYC subways have zero outlets and my job doesn't have outlets. Plus my commute to school is around 2 hours one way and depending on when you get to school there is no outlets. I also hang out with friends after work so I won't be home until 2-3 AM so yes I am out between 9 AM and even later around 2-3 AM
    Your expectations are surreal. Get an external battery pack/case...
    09-30-2015 02:05 PM
    Post your battery stats.

09-30-2015 02:07 PM
    Amazon.com: Anker 2nd Gen Astro 6400mAh External Battery Pack with PowerIQ Technology 2A Output Portable USB Charger Power Bank for Smart Devices (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Get one of these. It supplies 2A of current so you can gain a lot of charge in just a short period.

I'm with Finn, I don't see why it is seemingly frowned upon to charge your phone throughout the day. If you have a computer at work then there is an outlet nearby or a USB port on that computer that you can charge. Or like I posted above, buy a portable battery you can keep connected to your phone while you commute or something.
    I don't work with computers and as I said I don't have any outlets near me. As far as battery packs goes it's just one more thing to charge and hold on my pockets which is my wallet, keys, Bluetooth earphones and my phone already. I bring one to school but it takes forever to charge being a 13,000 mah battery pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-30-2015 02:09 PM

Well then that is a highly unusual situation (because you must be getting only 4-5 hours of sleep a night) and you should plan for it appropriately. But my guess is that while you are on the job and in class you shouldn't be using your phone anyway. And likewise while hanging out with friends-phone use should be sporadic not constant. There is nowhere in the specs for an iPhone (or any other phone for that matter) that says it will last for 18 hours of continuous use (9am to 3am). The iPhone consistently gets the battery life it lists in the specs. To expect more than that makes no sense so you need make other plans-whether that is a battery case, turning off all unused functions, etc.
    tldr: Apple never promised the battery would last for 18 hours. Adjust your expectations to reality.
    09-30-2015 02:10 PM
    This was the last day I used my iPhone 6. https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09...29fe149daa.jpg

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus
    It's so nice seeing Google apps behave

09-30-2015 02:14 PM
    I don't work with computers and as I said I don't have any outlets near me. As far as battery packs goes it's just one more thing to charge and hold on my pockets which is my wallet, keys, Bluetooth earphones and my phone already. I bring one to school but it takes forever to charge being a 13,000 mah battery pack

You say you're in school. Do you take a backpack for all your books, notebooks, pens, etc? Keep the battery pack in there. Charge your phone while you're in class or at work. You'll then have plenty of juice to take you through the evening.
    TheRewardisCheese likes this.
    09-30-2015 02:18 PM
    Having charger cases portable batteries and multi port chargers are essential for travel battery management.

Here's a pic of a dressing room at a Amphitheater in Oakland California that was probably built in the 1920's.
    The dressing room had one working outlet that we piggybacked off of.
    My buddy had a 4 port USB I had a two port and a portable battery for my iPad 2.
    There were 3- 6 Plus's one out of view and one that took the pick my iPad 2 and my Apple Watch.
    Not having these tools (multi port chargers) would be a disaster because I use the iPad to read music and the 6 Plus for the set list.
    So if you have unusually long days be prepared. I can never have enough chargers or cables. I bought a Apple Watch cable that stays in my roller suitcase.

nikkisharif likes this.
    09-30-2015 02:37 PM
    WHY HAS NOBODY MENTIONED LOW POWER MODE?????

in all seriousness, i see the OPs side of things as well as others that are trying to help

due to my battery life OCD i feel compelled to return mine and go back to the 6 or get a 6s+ now
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-30-2015 02:53 PM

So you have between 3 am and 9 am to study, sleep, and shower before you go out again at 9 am and not come home until 3 am and during this entire time you're completely unable to charge your phone and will not carry a battery pack.

With these hours why would you consider a phone with a sealed battery?

I'm amazed a student can work and go to school and hang out with friends until 3 am.

Allowing for one hour of study and 15 minutes to shower and another 15 to brush teeth and dress and eat breakfast that leaves four and a half hours of sleep. You must consume gallons of Red Bull.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus
    09-30-2015 03:25 PM
    I believe If someone has battery life OCD this is something else that must be managed by the individual and not by Apple or any other mobile device manufacturer.
    I hear that a lot on the forums OCD this OCD that. I'm not making light of it but people need to be responsible for and address these OCD issues with some type of behavior therapy not constantly returning iPhone's.

nikkisharif likes this.
    09-30-2015 03:25 PM
    Don't forget to enable 'Reduce Motion'.
    09-30-2015 03:47 PM
    I have left everything on and my battery lasts ageeeees!!
    09-30-2015 03:48 PM
    With these hours why would you consider a phone with a sealed battery?
    Because phones with a removable battery, like the Note 4 for example, scratch themselves.
    09-30-2015 04:01 PM
    Huh. Really!?!!!!???! My Note 4 hasn't got a scratch. You'd have to really work on one to get a scratch on it because they wouldn't spontaneously scratch.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-30-2015 04:16 PM
    Huh. Really!?!!!!???! My Note 4 hasn't got a scratch. You'd have to really work on one to get a scratch on it because they wouldn't spontaneously scratch.
    Oh you'd be surprised. Because some like TOTALLY do. No lie. /s
    09-30-2015 04:21 PM
    Just putting my opinion in with low battery mode I get more life on this then when I had six. 4 hours and 40 mins usage and 10 hours 33 mins on standby . My six would make it normally about 50 percent now. My 6s is at 67% maybe I just don't use it much dunno lol.
    09-30-2015 04:27 PM
    It all depends on how you use your device. If you're streaming and playing games and browsing while on very spotty signal you're going to consume great amounts of battery. So you manage your consumption.
    I store my music on my device and I don't play games, I'd rather look around the forum while listening to music.
    All about using the device in a smart manner.
    This is what I do with all my devices.
    09-30-2015 04:32 PM
    Oh you'd be surprised. Because some like TOTALLY do. No lie. /s
    Dang I'd love to see how THAT happened. My Note 4 is pristine even after a year.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-30-2015 04:35 PM
    It all depends on how you use your device. If you're streaming and playing games and browsing while on very spotty signal you're going to consume great amounts of battery. So you manage your consumption.
    I store my music on my device and I don't play games, I'd rather look around the forum while listening to music.
    All about using the device in a smart manner.
    This is what I do with all my devices.
    i use mine alot now after getting 64 gb i always had 16 but for four dollars more i got 64 surprised by how much i do use it now. but i usually text ton browse net facebook etc. im thinking probably since im always on wifi i dont use data so maybe with data being off or something.
    09-30-2015 04:45 PM
231 1234 ...