Currently using an iPhone 5s that has begun to give me some issues. The home button seems not to wake the phone, only intermittently and after a few presses it works m, but it's getting to be irritating. In addition, more importantly, the earpiece seems to stop working in the middle of a call. The third party can hear me well apparently but it is like the phone I've been put on hold and can't hear anything. Again, it's not every time either. Seems to be a strange and uncommon set of issues. It's been a nagging issue since iOS 8.3. Then 8.4 and now with the two 9's... Apple 'geniuses' say it's out of warranty and quoted me a potential price I wouldn't be willing to pay - I might as well pay a slightly higher early upgrade fee with my provider and have a new phone.

I suppose I'm asking here to see if anyone has experienced similar and any potential fixes. I've been to look at the 6s and as nice of an upgrade it might be, I don't really want a bigger phone. If there'd been a 4" phone I wouldn't have even posted and probably just bought it. If I can sort these problems I'd prefer to not buy anything bigger. I'm intrigued by the new BlackBerry coming, but I've never been a fan of android and right now FaceTime is important to me. Is there any hope for a 4" iPhone? Probably not, so I suppose I'd also like some opinions of users having moved from a 5/5s to 6/6s and how the difference in size feels.
    09-29-2015 09:56 AM
    I tried restoring as new and when I installed iOS 9, that was through iTunes without a backup. Definitely not a software issue so I suppose hope for a fix is a bit misguided :/
    09-29-2015 10:28 AM
    Currently using an iPhone 5s that has begun to give me some issues. The home button seems not to wake the phone, only intermittently and after a few presses it works m, but it's getting to be irritating. In addition, more importantly, the earpiece seems to stop working in the middle of a call. The third party can hear me well apparently but it is like the phone I've been put on hold and can't hear anything. Again, it's not every time either. Seems to be a strange and uncommon set of issues. It's been a nagging issue since iOS 8.3. Then 8.4 and now with the two 9's... Apple 'geniuses' say it's out of warranty and quoted me a potential price I wouldn't be willing to pay - I might as well pay a slightly higher early upgrade fee with my provider and have a new phone.

I suppose I'm asking here to see if anyone has experienced similar and any potential fixes. I've been to look at the 6s and as nice of an upgrade it might be, I don't really want a bigger phone. If there'd been a 4" phone I wouldn't have even posted and probably just bought it. If I can sort these problems I'd prefer to not buy anything bigger. I'm intrigued by the new BlackBerry coming, but I've never been a fan of android and right now FaceTime is important to me. Is there any hope for a 4" iPhone? Probably not, so I suppose I'd also like some opinions of users having moved from a 5/5s to 6/6s and how the difference in size feels.
    Have you gotten your 5S wet or exposed it to a steamy environment? I.e. a shower or similar? Also, I believe there is a rumor that there is an iPhone 6c in the works for sometime in Q4 2015.
    09-29-2015 01:26 PM
    Interesting about the 6c. I hope it isn't an unfounded rumour as I'd be very interested. I hope it's fully featured running similar specs to the 6s, just a smaller body - that might be pushing it though.

No, the phone is always very well looked after. No water/condensation or dust/dirt anywhere near it. There's not a mark on it in the 18 months I've had it.
    09-29-2015 01:49 PM
    I upgraded from a 5s and yes it took a little bit to get used to the bigger unit but now it is fine and I love the 6s.
    10-05-2015 08:20 PM
    Also, I believe there is a rumor that there is an iPhone 6c in the works for sometime in Q4 2015.
    Extremely doubtful. What's your source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-05-2015 08:35 PM
    I thought the 6c rumors had been burried.
    10-05-2015 08:56 PM
    Apparently Apple is developing a super secret low cost iPhone that nobody is hearing anything about and is planning, for the first time in the company's history, on releasing off cycle in the 4th quarter. Directly after releasing its latest flagship devices, Apple will be diverting manufacturing resources toward a low cost phone with less demand and less profit margin.

While I do have a finance degree, it doesn't take one to realize how little sense this makes.

10-05-2015 09:23 PM
    I thought it was buried also.
    10-05-2015 10:15 PM
    Apparently Apple is developing a super secret low cost iPhone that nobody is hearing anything about and is planning, for the first time in the company's history, on releasing off cycle in the 4th quarter. Directly after releasing its latest flagship devices, Apple will be diverting manufacturing resources toward a low cost phone with less demand and less profit margin.

While I do have a finance degree, it doesn't take one to realize how little sense this makes.

Mine was marketing. I didn't need it either.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    10-05-2015 10:17 PM
    Mine was marketing. I didn't need it either.
    Marketing was my fallback. I've always been very interested in the field.

10-05-2015 10:24 PM

Maybe they aren't... Perhaps they'll pull the 5s. It'll quietly be replaced by the 6c. Either that or they'll pull the 6 and turn it plastic. Either way, that plastic shell will save them manufacturing costs as it's less expensive then anodized aluminum. Do I think they create a whole new 6c? No, I don't. However, repackaging something is essentially using up stock. I think the 5s into a 6c would be viable as they can probably easily just use the same cover mold as the 5c and save on the anodized aluminum...

That's just speculating and me wanting another pretty blue phone. If that 6c gets 64GB storage as the highest, touch ID, 5s internals, and that pretty blue color.... @_@

I'd be in conflict over my 6s.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖
    10-06-2015 09:58 AM
    Maybe they aren't... Perhaps they'll pull the 5s. It'll quietly be replaced by the 6c. Either that or they'll pull the 6 and turn it plastic. Either way, that plastic shell will save them manufacturing costs as it's less expensive then anodized aluminum. Do I think they create a whole new 6c? No, I don't. However, repackaging something is essentially using up stock. I think the 5s into a 6c would be viable as they can probably easily just use the same cover mold as the 5c and save on the anodized aluminum...

That's just speculating and me wanting another pretty blue phone. If that 6c gets 64GB storage as the highest, touch ID, 5s internals, and that pretty blue color.... @_@

I'd be in conflict over my 6s.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖
    Perhaps, but then I think the public would demand a discount over what is currently offered with the 5s. Apple pays so little to build an iPhone that I don't think going from aluminum to plastic would make sense at this point I think that if a 6c was in Apple's immediate plans they would have rolled it out with the 6s and 6s+ and EOLed the 5s. Besides, they haven't released a phone outside of September/October since the iPhone 4. Even before then, they went with June releases. Even more, Apple is pretty good at keeping secrets but I'm sure we would be seeing pretty substantial leaks by now if they were planning on any more 2015 iPhone releases.

I'm surprised at how many people love the 5c around here. That being said, my wife had a pink one before I got her a rose gold 6s and loved it!

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    10-06-2015 10:19 AM
    Perhaps, but then I think the public would demand a discount over what is currently offered with the 5s. Apple pays so little to build an iPhone that I don't think going from aluminum to plastic would make sense at this point I think that if a 6c was in Apple's immediate plans they would have rolled it out with the 6s and 6s+ and EOLed the 5s. Besides, they haven't released a phone outside of September/October since the iPhone 4. Even before then, they went with June releases. Even more, Apple is pretty good at keeping secrets but I'm sure we would be seeing pretty substantial leaks by now if they were planning on any more 2015 iPhone releases.

I'm surprised at how many people love the 5c around here. That being said, my wife had a pink one before I got her a rose gold 6s and loved it!

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    That's true. I think I'm just still wishing to see that 6c. The 5c was my very first iPhone. I got it because it broke the mold with what Apple usually makes. That caught my eye and opened me up to trying iOS.

It's still my favorite device as it introduced me to iPhones and opened my view of technology. I'm no longer just obsessed with Android phones and own a device from every OS!

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk.
    10-06-2015 01:38 PM