Couple of Questions From An Android User for the 6S...

Climb14er

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi folks, I'm on the other Android Central Forum and over here looking for some answers and I hope you can help.

I'm in the market either now or in the near term for a new Smartphone, having been running Android since the beginning. Currently have an S4, my third one, from Verizon extended warranty running Lollipop. It's running OK for the most part but lagging in the browsers at times. Looking at I Phone 6S for their yearly plan, have UDP and an Apple Store close by in case I need fast help for business purposes. I'm also running a MacBook Pro Retina 13, bought my first Apple computer after thirty plus years on a PC. The MacBook has been excellent!

When I look at the main screen on the 6S, I see that the 'shortcuts' cannot be removed or transferred to another screen like on an Android. Is this correct or is there a way to 'clean up' the screens to only have there what shortcuts I use on a regular basis? I personally don't like a 'cluttered' look, especially on the main screen.

Also, I notice that the screen display on the 6S and with I Phone in general, is 'not as crisp and clear' as with the type of resolution I see on the Samsung screens. This is important as my eyes are not the greatest as the years progress and wanted to know if there's a way to increase the display clarity on the 6S? My S4's screen appears richer than the 6S and the Note 5's screen is brilliant compared to either the 6S or the 6S+.

These two main questions and the fact that there's no back button on the I Phone 6S are what caught my attention.

I'm not knocking the I Phone with the questions. Just wanted to get some good replies to possibly clear up things so I can make an appropriate choice.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Ok so with iPhone there really isn't a main screen, you can have several screen depending on how many apps you have. It's not like android where you have the main screen for the apps you want then you can hide the apps you don't want. I have been using smartphones for years and since I have been working in telecommunications for over 10 years I have used all kinds of phone and I think that the iPhone 6s is the most crisp phone to date. Yes the Samsung phone do look good also but I just don't like the bloat ware. For the most part apple does have any bloat ware on the iPhone.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

sabre1106

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
The shortcuts can be moved to any screen you want. The only big difference is that there is no app drawer like on Android. All apps will appear on one of the home screens. You can have as little or as much as you want on your home screen and all the rest on the other pages.

As for the clarity, I'm not really sure what you are talking about they both look good to me.

And not having a back button does take a little to get used to but I believe you will overcome that just like anyone else who has switch from android.

Harreh

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The shortcuts can be moved to any screen you want. The only big difference is that there is no app drawer like on Android. All apps will appear on one of the home screens. You can have as little or as much as you want on your home screen and all the rest on the other pages.

As for the clarity, I'm not really sure what you are talking about they both look good to me.

And not having a back button does take a little to get used to but I believe you will overcome that just like anyone else who has switch from android.

The back buttons are generally in app vs a hardware back button.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Something that I've realized in my years of using smartphones is that every phone isn't for everybody. Maybe you should stick with Android if that what makes you happy.
For the record, I personally don't think the screen of the iOS is "cluttered", and the colors on the screen are actually more "real" than Android devices IMHO, there is a "back button" now on iOS9. It appears this post is downing the iPhone while making your Android look like the best smartphone available. Once again I suggest you stick with Android if that's what makes you happy.

Climb14er

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Something that I've realized in my years of using smartphones is that every phone isn't for everybody. Maybe you should stick with Android if that what makes you happy.
For the record, I personally don't think the screen of the iOS is "cluttered", and the colors on the screen are actually more "real" than Android devices IMHO, there is a "back button" now on iOS9. It appears this post is downing the iPhone while making your Android look like the best smartphone available. Once again I suggest you stick with Android if that's what makes you happy.

Hey..... I came here with open thought and with valid questions! Your post reeks of Fanboy attitude while I'm only asking real questions after having gone to the store, using the phone and with the rush of customers of late, couldn't get the questions answered.

It's your type of reply I was hoping to not see, coming from the associated forum to this one.

If the mods see a problem with my initial post or this one, feel free to remove the thread.

I don't need a freaking lecture when all I asked were valid and important decision making questions.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey..... I came here with open thought and with valid questions! Your post reeks of Fanboy attitude while I'm only asking real questions after having gone to the store, using the phone and with the rush of customers of late, couldn't get the questions answered.

It's your type of reply I was hoping to not see, coming from the associated forum to this one.

If the mods see a problem with my initial post or this one, feel free to remove the thread.

I don't need a freaking lecture when all I asked were valid and important decision making questions.

It was not my intention on giving you a lecture, but what I got from you original post is that iPhones do not have the things you like in a smartphone .....Thats it.

Climb14er

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
It was not my intention on giving you a lecture, but what I got from you original post is that iPhones do not have the things you like in a smartphone .....Thats it.

That's why I asked the questions I did! Because I do not know, used the phones and needed some really good answers.

The fact that I'm now using a MacBook after all these years with a PC... and trying to get some good info on the 6S after years with Android...

Should hopefully demonstrate that I come to this forum with an open mind... Looking to make the best informed decision possible.

I appreciate good beta from folks who not only know their product but who also recognize that I'm only looking for answers to a couple of important questions.

Peace!

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Personally I do find a full screen of icons "cluttered looking". But that doesn't mean there aren't ways around it. Use folders to condense space, or even have nothing on your main page and keep all the clutter off on pages to the right.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone is not an Android. It's different. But it's also a very nice device. You get used to the differences. You won't know unless you try it.