LED Flash Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrownIsle

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey y'all!

I also could have posted this months ago in the iPhone 6 forum but just set up my 6s so- same issue here. My led flash isn't working at all. Just for a phone call it flashes.

I have the led option ticked on. I have all my apps and notifications on alerts and nothing flashes still. I have restarted the phone a few times. I have also turned the option off and then turned it back on, no luck.

Does anyone have any current insight for this issue?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you set up your new device from a backup, restore it via iTunes and then set it up as new. It's possible that a corrupt setting is the culprit. Having said that, you can try going to Settings - General - Reset, and then select "Reset All Settings". Afterwards, re-enable the toggle next to "LED Flash For Alerts" in the Accessibility settings.

CrownIsle

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi JustMeD! Thanks for the insight
This is only my second iPhone so the learning curve coming from blackberry with backing this up or restoring was a bit of a learning curve.

I DID set up my new 6s from a backup on iTunes. How do I restore it and set it up as new? Does that mean I'll lose everything on it- from pics, to vids and notes and all that?

settings>general>reset>reset all settings....... does that risk losing anything?

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that the LED only flashes in iOS 9 if you have the phone screen facing down... You could experiment with this? I personally don't use this feature.

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
This is why Apple needs to add a notification light on the phone. This is a great feature. Just glance at your phone to see if you missed something.

The battery argument is bunk. A tiney led light uses next to nothing and wouldnt make a bit of difference.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This is why Apple needs to add a notification light on the phone. This is a great feature. Just glance at your phone to see if you missed something.

The battery argument is bunk. A tiney led light uses next to nothing and wouldnt make a bit of difference.

lol...here comes the ancient LED notification light brigade! ALL ABOARD!

CrownIsle

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
lolololol I know I know I know! I didn't mean to start the whole notification brigade!

Though, whether or not I decide to continue to use the flash to blink when I get things coming onto my phone- if the feature is there- I'd like it to work- it SHOULD work. Thee odd thing is- even on my phone before this, the 6- i don't get any sound notifications for Facebook, instagram and thats coupled with no flashing alerts when things came into my phone.

One of my friends works like charm. each and every message that comes in he gets that flash alert going off. In all seriousness- I hope someone can lend the solution here. Perhaps someone here would test their own 6s along with me?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

riker-notthis.png

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
lolololol I know I know I know! I didn't mean to start the whole notification brigade!

Though, whether or not I decide to continue to use the flash to blink when I get things coming onto my phone- if the feature is there- I'd like it to work- it SHOULD work. Thee odd thing is- even on my phone before this, the 6- i don't get any sound notifications for Facebook, instagram and thats coupled with no flashing alerts when things came into my phone.

One of my friends works like charm. each and every message that comes in he gets that flash alert going off. In all seriousness- I hope someone can lend the solution here. Perhaps someone here would test their own 6s along with me?

Oh trust me, it wasn't your post that cued the response...your question and inquiry was perfectly legitimate.

We've just had a handful of users that enjoy beating the dead horse that is a built in notification LED...something that will never happen thankfully, but we still have a few that seem to think it's a necessity.

To respond to your initial question OP, mine seems to work fine when I set it to do it (which I never do but I just tested it)...so you'd probably do well to take your phone back to Apple for a repair or replacement. Good luck (and again, nothing was directed at you at all).

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi JustMeD! Thanks for the insight
You're very welcome...;)
This is only my second iPhone so the learning curve coming from blackberry with backing this up or restoring was a bit of a learning curve.
Believe me. I understand. Before coming to the iPhone, I was a dedicated Blackberry user.

I DID set up my new 6s from a backup on iTunes. How do I restore it and set it up as new?
There are two ways: 1. You can go to Settings - General - Reset, and then select "Erase All Contents and Settings. 2. You can connect the device to your computer and select restore once iTunes detects it.
Does that mean I'll lose everything on it- from pics, to vids and notes and all that?
Yes it does.

settings>general>reset>reset all settings....... does that risk losing anything?
"Reset All Settings" does not cause you to lose any of your data or accounts. It will, however, revert all "settings" to their native state. For example, your custom ringtones will be replaced by the default tones. Your wallpaper pic will be replaced by the default, etcetera.

Last edited:

CrownIsle

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Seanhrcc- lol I figured it was't totally my doing, just the fuel :nerd: How would apple or ATT deal with me returning the phone for those reasons? Would they give me a hard time? I imagine they would try to erase the whole phone in the store to see if they too can confirm it doesn't work. If they had to order me a new phone- would they have a temp phone Id be able to use or would I have to turn on one of my really really old blackberrys? To be frank with you, I am noticing low sound, no flash working for alerts and also no audible alerts for Facebook, Facebook messenger and instagram. :concern:

JustMeD- I am hesitant to restore and set up as new because I have so many pics and vids and important notes on there. Sounds like this is a jab in the side to transfer my images and vids to my computer or hard drive to ensure I don't lose them. How does that process work, though iPhoto only? I know it's not a drag and drop sort of thing!

"Reset All Settings" does not cause you to lose any of your data or accounts. It will, however, revert all "setting" to their native state. For example, your custom ringtones will be replaced by the default tones. Your wallpaper pic will be replaced by the default, etcetera.

I did this last night and as of now- none of the issues at hand are working. I went into each app and checked the settings and all that. I honestly don't get it. I am going to hand in my iphone6 tomorrow because that was part of my upgrade deal and I'm going to ask them what getting a new 6s will entail.

SERIOUSLY thank you all for helping me along the way here! :huh::cant-watch:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
.... I am going to hand in my iphone6 tomorrow because that was part of my upgrade deal and I'm going to ask them what getting a new 6s will entail.

SERIOUSLY thank you all for helping me along the way here! :huh::cant-watch:

You're welcome, but I'm a little confused. Didn't you state the following in post #1?

"I also could have posted this months ago in the iPhone 6 forum but just set up my 6s so- same issue here."

CrownIsle

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
I mean to exchange my 6s for a new 6s in thee event there is an issue with mine.

Last night, the flash was working for text messages when the phone was facing down. The flash doesn't work for any other apps. Im pretty sure it should work for all notifications- thought I do not know what apps and actions the led flash even really works for. I know it should work for texts and emails and calls at the very least.

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
WOW. Did I touch a forum nerve. I would love to know how a small flush light is aesthetically unappealing. Any more than a camera that isnt flush?

Are people here this insecure about their phone? Trust me if Apple ever decides to do this Im sure it will be the next coming of technology. But noone else can do it right.

What is the big deal about a small flashing light near the earpiece?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's aesthetically not pleasing to me, and I think a majority of others. If one really must have such a feature, there are devices out there that have it. Get one of those. Don't get an iPhone knowing it doesn't have one, and then proceed to complain vociferously that your miffed there isn't one and you want one and you think anyone who dares to think the contrary is daft...or insecure...

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
WOW. Did I touch a forum nerve. I would love to know how a small flush light is aesthetically unappealing. Any more than a camera that isnt flush?

Are people here this insecure about their phone? Trust me if Apple ever decides to do this Im sure it will be the next coming of technology. But noone else can do it right.

Please search the forums for "LED" or "blinky". The ongoing discussion has been documented there, for your viewing.

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
It's aesthetically not pleasing to me, and I think a majority of others. If one really must have such a feature, there are devices out there that have it. Get one of those. Don't get an iPhone knowing it doesn't have one, and then proceed to complain vociferously that your miffed there isn't one and you want one and you think anyone who dares to think the contrary is daft...or insecure...

Where did I complain vociferously? I just added something to a post about a notification light. I never said I was miffed, you said that. :no: Time to grow up mr moderator. Does being a mod make you feel important?

Thanks for the links..

Status
Not open for further replies.