iPhone 6s pictures poor quality

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
how does Pro Cam app remove apples NR, curious cos I'm really not happy with the waxy look to skin from the 6s, thanks

Apps in iOS are sandboxed, so when a camera app takes a photo, it uses it's own interface and processing, not Apple's. The 3rd party app still can save and have access to the camera roll, but you need to give it permission. This means a 3rd party app can edit any imaged saved from the camera roll. One rule of digital photography: you can't add what wasn't there in the first place.

RichardJTesla

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
The MP has little to do with picture quality. MP has more of an affect on being able to zoom and blow a picture up in size without distortion. The biggest factor in quality is the lense and to some point the software from what I have read.

dennislaska

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6s pictures poor quality YES!

The software in ISO tries remove the digital noise and by doing so it smears the images detail.

here is a 80% extreme crop of an iphone 5s. Has no smearing, just more digital noise (grain) which is preferred. You can always remove the noise later but can never replace the deyail.

http://www.pbase.com/image/155260273

155260273.JoZ4cTpd.41614.jpg

Last edited:

roopali

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Need your Help. Facing Same issue with the camera. The images are blotchy even in day light. I took the phone to the apple store and they say it is the way camera has to behave in 6S. I argued a lot and they were just too adamant to accept. Infact when i questioned how the sample images displayed on the website are so clear, their reply was that they were taken by DSLR and by a professional.. I was like shocked.. Is this true?
I dont know what to do with my phone. It is like to use camera i pickup my old iphone 5 and for rest of them iphone 6s

Thanks.
Roopali

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
A lot of people who are using their iPhone for pro photography are using custom lens kits. I have one on my Wish list over on Amazon. It has exceptional reviews... 4.5 out of 5 stars. Plus, it comes with a few cases, which means I can use it on my 6s and my fiance' can use it on his SE.

Amazon.com: Luxsure? iPhone Camera lens kit With 12x Zoom Aluminum Telephoto lens Manual Focus Lens + Universal Phone Holder + Mini Aluminum Tripod + Hard Protection Case for iPhone 6s/6s Plus/6 plus/6/5s/5: Cell Phones & Accessories

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I am not seeing it my phone takes spectacular photos just as good as the LG G4 it replaced. Either the lense is dirty focus is incorrect or something. Just looked at all the photos I took this weekend and only one came out smeared at 100% crop and that was of a moving 3 year old.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
A lot of people who are using their iPhone for pro photography are using custom lens kits. I have one on my Wish list over on Amazon. It has exceptional reviews... 4.5 out of 5 stars. Plus, it comes with a few cases, which means I can use it on my 6s and my fiance' can use it on his SE.

Amazon.com: Luxsure? iPhone Camera lens kit With 12x Zoom Aluminum Telephoto lens Manual Focus Lens + Universal Phone Holder + Mini Aluminum Tripod + Hard Protection Case for iPhone 6s/6s Plus/6 plus/6/5s/5: Cell Phones & Accessories

Thanks for sharing this! I just ordered it as a birthday present for ME! :biggrin:

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
You clearly don't see half the wall missing in the first photo and the mustache missing in the second. Different images.

Charles Henry3

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I agree with your assessment; the photos look great on the phone, and when sent via text message or twitter, however when downloaded to my laptop the photos are very poor quality when enlarged. Seems very disappointing for such an expensive phone and the 5 has so much better photo quality.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I agree with your assessment; the photos look great on the phone, and when sent via text message or twitter, however when downloaded to my laptop the photos are very poor quality when enlarged. Seems very disappointing for such an expensive phone and the 5 has so much better photo quality.

It's called mp. A 12mp camera is only going to produce a photo so big. I can blow up photos from my 21 mp droid and at same size they r both junk. If your using it for photography you'll have issues. Try a real camera ? Just saying

Zekar

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Picasa 3 12252017 22850 PM.jpgPicasa 3 12252017 23016 PM.jpg
Switched from 6 month old iPhone 6SE to camera (old Panasonic Lumix ZS19), so distance and conditions identical. I magnified each to approximately the same size to note the differences.
Is there any way to get the 6SE to take better quality photos?

I'm quite disturbed and don't want a big phone. Any recommendations?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW