Anyone have any experience with SONIX cases? Quality? Protection?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I am a sucker for anything that makes me think "Golden Girls." I am Sofia Petrillo / Dorothy Zbornak trapped in a 37 year old redhead.

That store is dangerous. I do the majority of my shopping at Anniversary or Xmas event every year (the cardholder xmas party that is 10x). And then basically live off the notes for the rest of the year haha!

Cute!

LOL

I love Sonix cases! They have a great fit on your phone. Not bulky at all but has protected my phonez I have dropped it from waist height many times. View attachment 93759

I have the blue pineapple case...love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am supposed to FINALLY get it tomorrow. FINALLY. I think this one is exclusive to the company's website. And they take like 10 days to get it to you (aint that some BS.) I am kind of dreading taking my Speck off right now though. It took forever to get it on....

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I got it today by surprise and I think it's going back. I was not happy that the rubber shell does not cover the entire phone, but is cut out at the ports. That is a deal breaker for me. One drop and that is toast! Too bad they didn't think of that bec it's cute.

I did take a photo.

View attachment 94003

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I got it today by surprise and I think it's going back. I was not happy that the rubber shell does not cover the entire phone, but is cut out at the ports. That is a deal breaker for me. One drop and that is toast! Too bad they didn't think of that bec it's cute.

I did take a photo.

View attachment 94003

For some reason the pic isn't showing but the casing covers the bottom...at least on mine it does.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
For some reason the pic isn't showing but the casing covers the bottom...at least on mine it does.

The plastic does, yes, but the rubber does not. And that for me is a dealbreaker. I may go look at the clear ones more closely. If the rubber on the 2-piece one covered all around the phone, it would be perfect. But the cut out part at the bottom where it's only plastic covering the ports will get killed in the first drop.

Does that make sense? Like where it's pink along the bottom there. There's no rubber.

beverlyhills_backside_web_6_1.jpg

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The plastic does, yes, but the rubber does not. And that for me is a dealbreaker. I may go look at the clear ones more closely. If the rubber on the 2-piece one covered all around the phone, it would be perfect. But the cut out part at the bottom where it's only plastic covering the ports will get killed in the first drop.

Does that make sense? Like where it's pink along the bottom there. There's no rubber.

View attachment 94136

Yeah I understand what you're saying. Unfortunately I've dropped my 6 plus a few times with the 2 piece case on it & haven't had any issues. The bottom is scuffed a little but that's it. It's actually pretty durable but I do understand your concern. It's all about peace of mind.

828d1102102873b9ec105b7029d83d95.jpg

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
That looks like it's taken it well. I am going to go look at the clear style ones, and see how those look with the rubber.

Of course Speck just released Jonathan Adler cases...dammit.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I finally got my refund today, it took me emailing and asking what was going on a week after they got the returned case.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
That looks like it's taken it well. I am going to go look at the clear style ones, and see how those look with the rubber.

Of course Speck just released Jonathan Adler cases...dammit.

It's pretty beat up but better that than the phone lol. I'll have to check out those Speck cases...I'm sure I'll be purchasing one

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty beat up but better that than the phone lol. I'll have to check out those Speck cases...I'm sure I'll be purchasing one

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

I LOVE all things JA. The two I want are of course still on "order" so I am waiting impatiently for the email about stock.

I saw the clear one in person at the ATT store, it's nice, but it looks like it scratches easier than the normal ones.

Jane Arnett

Jun 29, 2017
Visit site
I have a Sonix phone case and am very disappointed with it. After only five months the picture is coming off. None of the contact info allows you to gat ahold of the company to complain or place a review.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro