Any issues?

unity04

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
New 6S owners, have you experienced any issues in terms of latency responsiveness and system performance? I'm just about ready to switch over from Android but want to see if any first adopters are having any issues.

Cheers

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I notice occasional hiccups when I wake the phone up that I didn't have on my 6. Hoping it works itself out.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
What type of issues are you experiencing?

Pressing the home or power button won't wake the phone up initially. I'll have to pressed it a few times. Occasionally when it wakes up the screen will be frozen. Can't do anything on it after I unlock. I'll have to put it to sleep and wake it back up. I started my iPhone as New rather than restoring my backup. Just to start fresh. Hoping to not have to do a hard reset since I've got all my music downloaded again and some of my apps. I'll see how it goes for the next week or so.

unity04

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Pressing the home or power button won't wake the phone up initially. I'll have to pressed it a few times. Occasionally when it wakes up the screen will be frozen. Can't do anything on it after I unlock. I'll have to put it to sleep and wake it back up. I started my iPhone as New rather than restoring my backup. Just to start fresh. Hoping to not have to do a hard reset since I've got all my music downloaded again and some of my apps. I'll see how it goes for the next week or so.

Well that sucks.. Are you on the latest version?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Well that sucks.. Are you on the latest version?

Yup. May have just got a lemon. Like I said, I never had these issues on my 6. I anticipated my experience being similar if not better with the 6s.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Factory reset into a clean install, tends to fix all kinds of hiccups. I noticed yesterday when waking my 6s that it choked up 2 or 3 times and would take some time to react to my screen presses. Hasn't happened again, though.

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Nope the 6s is great! Man it flies with the extra ram. All my open apps are in the same place when I go back to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
No. Mine works fine.

Absolutely agree with Karen. This thing rocks.

I'll third the above opinions about the performance of the new phones. I'm coming from a 6 Plus to the 6s Plus and with the new A9 chipset and 2gb's of memory I've noticed a performance improvement with the 6s Plus over my previous 6 Plus. Touch ID for example is definitely faster imo on the 6s Plus - it seems like if I barely even think about touching the home button with the phone locked to unlock it - BOOM, there I am with it unlocked, almost before I have time to react to it being so.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Never thought ram meant anything til this phone. You can really tell the difference

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Never thought ram meant anything til this phone. You can really tell the difference

I'm glad people are starting to see how important it is. iOS is good with 1GB. It flies with 2GB. I'm quite excited to experience my iPad Air 2's performance and reliability on an iPhone

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I had some lag with my 5S, but with my 6S and iOS 9, the experience is flawless on my side =)
Plus, combined together, it is what I have always expected/wanted from ! I could not be happier with it :D

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I had lag and freezing when unlocking my 6s plus since day one .. I can confirm it is a software issue not hardware so don't go run to replace your phone to find out you will have the same issue ! I updated to 9.1 beta 2 and issue is now gone

primal5

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a 6s and the wife has a 6s Plus both of us have experienced where the phone doesn't wake up. In both cases the only thing that got it going again was putting on a charger and then waiting a few minutes and trying it again. Phone booted right up after that:

I know your probably thinking well the maybe your battery died, and I thought the same but when mine turned in it was at 62% and abut lower on my wife's . Nowhere never dead.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
New 6S owners, have you experienced any issues in terms of latency responsiveness and system performance? I'm just about ready to switch over from Android but want to see if any first adopters are having any issues.

Cheers

I would think the majority of any lagging would be more of an issue with the software. I'm not seeing any of the stuff mentioned here, running iOS 9.1 beta 2. It was solid on my 6 Plus, and is darn near flawless in the 6 S Plus.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73