Screen protector or not?

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I've always put glass screen protectors on my phones but the last two dropped hit on the corner and still cracked. Has anyone gone without screen protectors and have had scratches on their screens or have tech come along to where scratching is now rare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've NEVER put a screen protector on ANY of the smartphones I've used over the years, regardless of the brand, and I don't plan on doing so in the future either. My screens have never been scratched, scraped, chipped, etcetera. Still, I rarely drop my phones, and on the few occasions where I've dropped it on the asphalt or concrete while exiting my car, they weren't damaged, thankfully. As for your specific question, Sapphire, Gorilla Glass and other improvements may have decreased the amount of shattered displays, but that's just my personal opinion. I don't have any facts to back up my claim.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I think it wurth it all day long. It's a cheep way to prevent scratches on the phones display. My daughter dropped here ip5 face down the other day and it was only here tempeeed glass that's what broken

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I also don't use them anymore but if the screen protector breaks and your screen doesn't then job well done.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Always. They don't get taken out of the box without one going on. Then it goes right in a case. In fact, today when I got my phone at the store, I didn't even touch the screen til one went on. I did a quick and surprisingly beautiful application right then and there, and two AppleStore reps were impressed and surprised (and amused by my anal retentiveness) at how well I did that, and how quickly. Not a fuzz to be seen!

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I've gone back and forth with this. I've used glass protectors but it just doesn't feel the same. Near the end of my iPhone 6 ownership, I rode with no screen protector and had 0 scratches. The reason I ditched it is that even with a glass protector my screen shattered a few months back. I've never had a phone screen break, so I said no more screen protectors. Currently typing this on my SPless iPhone 6s by the way...

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Ladies and gents do the protectors fit edge to edge or leave the curved edge exposed. I find the dust and random lint from pocket get lodged in the edge under my case.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Never! My phones have looked just as new a year after without a screen protector. Why preserve the screen for the next owner?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'll do the same as I always do. I use tempered glass on front and back, then a clear minimal case.

These tempered glass protectors have taken cracks and one on my 5c got really damaged. When I remove them, the screen below is still immaculate.

Plus, I can change the color of the front and back of the iPhone!

917658635fd60caeccf72a0f81ecdb8c.jpg

26d34f2f4702cbdde2b0fc08c08c33b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Ladies and gents do the protectors fit edge to edge or leave the curved edge exposed. I find the dust and random lint from pocket get lodged in the edge under my case.

leave the edge exposed unfortunately.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site

Nillkin got edge to edge tempeeed glass for Ip6. Search for it on eBay for example. I got one on my Ip6 but I recommend using it with a thin tpu case. It stands up a bit if you go with a naked phone.

pat74

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I'll do the same as I always do. I use tempered glass on front and back, then a clear minimal case.

These tempered glass protectors have taken cracks and one on my 5c got really damaged. When I remove them, the screen below is still immaculate.

Plus, I can change the color of the front and back of the iPhone!

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/26/917658635fd60caeccf72a0f81ecdb8c.jpg
//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/26/26d34f2f4702cbdde2b0fc08c08c33b4.jpg

wow, where do you get those?

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I use a Zagg tempered glass on my 6S and almost had a heart attack when I saw how it leaves the edges exposed compaired to the 5S version.
But, I needed one =P

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I use PowerSupport' s anti-glare screen protector. I've used them for the last 4 iPhones.
Not so much to protect the screen if I drop the phone but to protect it from scratches and
with the anti-glare protector it makes the iPhone a bit easier to read in sun light.

The Power Support protector doesn't go all the way to the edge. there is about 1/32" exposed
on the sides and top and bottom but it's not enough to really let any dirt or finger prints to be seen.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the info. Great to see what others are doing. This will be the first iPhone with no protector. They don't cover the whole screen and my screen cracked but the glass protector didn't on my 6+.

First time for everything

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the info. Great to see what others are doing. This will be the first iPhone with no protector. They don't cover the whole screen and my screen cracked but the glass protector didn't on my 6+.

First time for everything

To be honest, you will be fine without a screen protector. I always try one, but it's never needed with me. I dropped my iPhone 6 all of one time since I had it and the screen was flawless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I use PowerSupport' s anti-glare screen protector. I've used them for the last 4 iPhones.
Not so much to protect the screen if I drop the phone but to protect it from scratches and
with the anti-glare protector it makes the iPhone a bit easier to read in sun light.

The Power Support protector doesn't go all the way to the edge. there is about 1/32" exposed
on the sides and top and bottom but it's not enough to really let any dirt or finger prints to be seen.

I use their crystal ones. I wish it was more coverage but I have a Candyshell and there's very little exposure so it has been ok.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
wow, where do you get those?

They aren't expensive, I get them in eBay. They work very well. Just make sure to order from a USA store if you're in the US. If not out may take forever for you to get them. If it's coming from China, 2-3 weeks...