Personally, I think they are more a hassle than they are worth. They definitely do their job, but I hate messing with them in general.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-28-2015 10:57 AM
    Personally, I think they are more a hassle than they are worth. They definitely do their job, but I hate messing with them in general.
    There is definitely a modicum of anxiety I feel when dealing with them, just because they can be really expensive and I want them to be installed perfectly and I know that if there is just the slightest imperfection in the installation, I will notice it and focus on it incessantly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-28-2015 11:07 AM
    There is definitely a modicum of anxiety I feel when dealing with them, just because they can be really expensive and I want them to be installed perfectly and I know that if there is just the slightest imperfection in the installation, I will notice it and focus on it incessantly.

This is me too and after about 3 types of phones and 6 or 7 protectors I have just given up.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-28-2015 11:12 AM
    This is me too and after about 3 types of phones and 6 or 7 protectors I have just given up.
    I don't blame you. And you really don't need one. My daughter has an iPad Mini. She is 7 and she doesn't have a screen protector on it just a Speck Grip case. She has dropped it numerous times and I can't tell you what else she has done to it. The screen has very light scratches that you can't see unless you are really looking for them. And she does not make an effort to take care of it. So an adult who takes care of their electronics shouldn't worry too much. Especially if you have been able to get along this long without one.

09-28-2015 11:20 AM
    For those looking for an edge to edge screen protector, take a look at Cinder.
    I can't post links yet so just google Cinder iphone 6s or on amazon. I believe they are out of stock at the moment but are getting more in.

I got one the other day and it is the best looking one out there. Can't tell there is even one on there.
    09-29-2015 08:50 AM
    Screen protectors ruin the feel and display in my opinion. I dropped my 6 without a case or screen protector numerous times to my smooth concrete floor at work. It had even skidded across the floor on the screen on a couple occasions and not a crack to be seen. It did accumulate some very light hairline scratches over the year I had it, but I think the phone aged beautifully.

Why sacrifice the beautiful display quality for a piece of plastic (or even glass) going across the display? Its just something else that light has to pass through. The 6s has insanely hard glass so I don't think you should be paranoid. I tried a screen protector for a day and found myself ripping it off before 24 hours had even passed. Most of the time I even go naked with my devices.
    09-29-2015 10:53 AM
    I vote yes put one. Just think of it as extra security.
    I just recently put a Zagg Glass screen protector on my wife's phone and it is very nice. You really don't even notice it. And doesn't interfer with the case.
    Also they offer a lifetime warranty.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Screen protector or not?-344.jpg  
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    09-29-2015 08:31 PM
    I just recently put a Zagg Glass screen protector on my wife's phone and it is very nice.
    I always give preference to the security. Carry on mate!
    09-29-2015 09:39 PM
    I can attest the glass screen protectors work fine with 3D Touch.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    09-29-2015 10:46 PM
    I just recently put a Zagg Glass screen protector on my wife's phone and it is very nice. You really don't even notice it. And doesn't interfer with the case.
    Also they offer a lifetime warranty.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    I'd even recommend hitting eBay. I paid $4 for my tempered glass protector. Equal protection to the zagg for a fraction of the cost. Don't even know it's there. There's really no reason not to when the price is less than a fast food meal.
    09-30-2015 12:03 AM
    I had Verizon store install brand they carry. For some reason the sides did not stick. I read on several forums sites etc some people have had issues with certain brands so know just isn't me. Bummed out cus I suc putting them on so I need go some place would put glass one on
    09-30-2015 04:05 AM
    Definitely a screen protector.
    6s' screens are a lot tougher but not invicible so I do not want to push my luck. Tempered glass protectors never failed me!

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk
    09-30-2015 07:00 AM
    Definitely a screen protector.
    6s' screens are a lot tougher but not invicible so I do not want to push my luck. Tempered glass protectors never failed me!

Did you have any problems like I described ? I dunno if it was Verizon employee but I seen other threads etc on other forums one I bought cost 32$ so I'm kinda not sure till see some labeled just 6s I'm thinking bout just getting griffin survivor summit
    09-30-2015 04:09 PM
    Did you have any problems like I described ? I dunno if it was Verizon employee but I seen other threads etc on other forums one I bought cost 32$ so I'm kinda not sure till see some labeled just 6s I'm thinking bout just getting griffin survivor summit
    No problems at all =P

09-30-2015 04:16 PM
    What's good brand get? One I had Verizon put on was something with q qmadix or something. All around edges it like stuck up little like I'd press it down and it just come right back up 32$ looked like garbage and not sticking I returned it.
    09-30-2015 04:30 PM
    Zagg ones are nice!
    iMore store also has very decent, unexpensive tempered glass protectors.

09-30-2015 06:36 PM
    i currently have just plain old sticky one on there i put on perfectly but has same effect as glass did so im not understanding maybe the like centimeter im off not even centimeter is reason why lol. i have cheap case by destek with built in screen over it anyways.
    09-30-2015 07:39 PM
    I go back and forth. My last long term phone before my iPhone 6 was a Galaxy S3. I used that without a screen protector for most of the time I had it. There were a couple very minor screen blemishes when it came time to sell it, but I honestly don't thing it hurt the resale by any perceptible degree. I always take care of my electronics and gear but I definitely didn't baby it either.

Right now there is a screen protector on my 6. It's been on for about 5 months, and I happened to apply this one perfectly, so I'll leave it on until it starts peeling up or gets scratched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-01-2015 05:28 PM
    I once did the screen protector thing when I started out with smartphones in 2012. What a joke, always had the bubbles and it was never necessary given I never put something like metal keys in the same pocket as the phone. The only time I've ever scratched up a smartphone screen is when I accidentally dropped a Nexus 5 on a concrete floor.

I only put a case on my new iPhone 6S because the damn thing is so slippery in the hand that I have no doubt it will fall some day and shatter on the ground. Makes me wonder sometimes about "form over function" and make me think that maybe Nokia had the right idea with that polycarbonate.
    10-02-2015 12:20 AM
    No screen protector for me. I use to use Zagg Glass but I hated how it didn't cover the entire screen when I got my 6 Plus so o Renoir & never looked back. Bought the plus on launch last year & haven't had any issues with scratches or anything (knock on wood). Unfortunately I've dropped that device a million times (wasn't use to the size) & even kicked it in the parking lot & still nothing. Hopefully I'll be just as successful with my 6s & 6s plus.

10-02-2015 01:48 AM
    So I went att and guy put glass on once again the glass around the edges did not stick. Do I have a defective damaged phone or something ? This is second time went somewhere had glass put on and it did not stick around the edges. Has anyone had this problem. If you have glass installed fine which brand? I wanna get one asap.
    10-05-2015 04:27 PM
    So I went att and guy put glass on once again the glass around the edges did not stick. Do I have a defective damaged phone or something ? This is second time went somewhere had glass put on and it did not stick around the edges. Has anyone had this problem. If you have glass installed fine which brand? I wanna get one asap.
    One of the reasons I don't do glass screen protectors anymore. I have the Tech 21 self healing protector. It adheres to the sides better and you don't get any chipping. Best screen protector I have even had.
    10-10-2015 10:57 AM
    I always use them, because I work on building sites and there always dust or sand in my pocket, and it help when you sell the phone and also you'll get a better price for the phone
    10-11-2015 07:09 AM
    Not

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    10-11-2015 08:24 AM
    I've had my current one on since June. I put it on before beach season kicked in. Now I want to take it off but I did such a good job (I don't usually) that I don't have the heart to remove it. I'll never put one on this perfectly ever again. Lol.

10-13-2015 06:15 PM
58 123