I'm underwhelmed by my new iPhone 6s, and I'm bummed about it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you are any of the above. In fact, you have just out grew your "boy toys". I am guessing that you are in your 30s to early 40s? It is now time to find something else that excites you. Career? Family? Kids? New house?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does this even mean? LOL! Are you implying there is an age where you grow out of technology and you focus on things that are more "mature"? :rotfl:

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I can claim even better! I've done all of that (well similar, my girls are 8 & 12, I'm 42, and been married 14 years and a homeowner), managed to save enough money from my career to retire early and thoroughly enjoyed my techie "girl toys".

+1 here
Married 15 years, raising three beautiful girls, great career and great home. Still can't get enough of technology. Still feel like I'm a 5 year old in a candy shop when I think about getting a new "toy".

SeanMorrison

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
What is it that you want your phone to do that would make it more exciting? Maybe upgrading every year is a little over the top. Maybe go every 2 years so you can notice more change? That's what I do. I upgrade on the "s" year. I can't justify updating every single year.

anon(9179520)

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
What does this even mean? LOL! Are you implying there is an age where you grow out of technology and you focus on things that are more "mature"? :rotfl:

For some people, sure. Does it surprise you that there are people out there that couldn't care less about technology now, but they used to when they were younger?

I never implied there was anything wrong to be excited by tech gadgets, at any age. I'm just saying that for some people, their interests could change with their age.

wnewso

Banned
Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Maybe at some point, your new device or an iOS update may cause you to feel a little differently. If not, that's how it is sometimes. In the meantime, you might as well make the best of it.

mAlfunkti0n

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
We are switching to a phone every two or three years, but the issue here is you seem to have unrealistic expectations OR put far too much weight behind a product. I went from a 6+ to 6S and I feel the device is fantastic. Super fast, "3D Touch" is really useful to me, etc.

The thing to remember is stuff isn't going to bring you happiness. The phone is a tool, only replace it when it does not do what you want any longer.

JRX16

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
If you follow the standard 2 year upgrade cycle, you should be very overwhelmed with how awesome the 6S is compared to the 5S. Bigger better screen, WAY faster performance in everything, 3D Touch, new design, etc. etc... But if you upgrade yearly, then your expectations need to come down. No manufacturer can keep up with human expectations of the moon each year, it's not possible. The longer you wait to upgrade, the better it will be is the bottom line.
If you wait 2-3 years and are still unimpressed, then you have other problems my friend, lol.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Seriously. Just got my 6s. Fast! Like Swype had no delays between words or when it's initially brought up on screen. That's incredible.

Harry potter magic this is. Those live photos, I think I'm seriously enjoying this. Way. Too. Much.

3D is taking me quite a while to adjust to. Perhaps I'll just ignore using it for now, I'll adapt.

It's heavy. Like a good heavy. Feels solid like my 5c did. It's got me feeling very confident with the durability. Yeah I'm weird, I'm not with the "Lighter is better crowd".

And the camera. Usually in my dark room and with flash on, all my photos look very flushed. This looks amazing.

fb223c324357221ef7b0192c7ae9d1f5.jpg

I think using my 5c for almost 3 weeks after I sold my 6 was a great idea...

I appreciate this perfect hunk of iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Seriously. Just got my 6s. Fast! Like Swype had no delays between words or when it's initially brought up on screen. That's incredible.

Harry potter magic this is. Those live photos, I think I'm seriously enjoying this. Way. Too. Much.

3D is taking me quite a while to adjust to. Perhaps I'll just ignore using it for now, I'll adapt.

It's heavy. Like a good heavy. Feels solid like my 5c did. It's got me feeling very confident with the durability. Yeah I'm weird, I'm not with the "Lighter is better crowd".

And the camera. Usually in my dark room and with flash on, all my photos look very flushed. This looks amazing.

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/29/fb223c324357221ef7b0192c7ae9d1f5.jpg

I think using my 5c for almost 3 weeks after I sold my 6 was a great idea...

I appreciate this perfect hunk of iPhone.

Funny i was helping a friends with crash issues on her 5C last night and i was like how do you even use this hahaha

makes me love my plus even more lol

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Funny i was helping a friends with crash issues on her 5C last night and i was like how do you even use this hahaha

makes me love my plus even more lol

Exactly. My grandson shattered the screen on his iPhone 5 and had to fall back to his mom's old 4S. I tried to help him with something, and wow... painful. :D Fortunately, his mom upgraded to a new 6S, so he got her old 6. #universeRestored

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. My grandson shattered the screen on his iPhone 5 and had to fall back to his mom's old 4S. I tried to help him with something, and wow... painful. :D Fortunately, his mom upgraded to a new 6S, so he got her old 6. #universeRestored

I would get the screen fixed on the 5 before giving him a 6 haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nylonic

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I like having sex with girls and worrying about and getting excited over people, not some stupid device. If that's what your life has become, please call an 800 number. Like someone said earlier, we don't need any of this. I'm 35 years old. Half my life, there wasn't a portable phone that was accessible to all economic ranks. Other half there has been. I personally hate carrying around my phone. I hate going to places and seeing people's head's buried in them. I'm not into apps, although they have become a necessary evil. I hate when I watch QVC and the hosts say go to my facebook page every 45 seconds. We don't need products. Are they nice to have? Sure. But if it's ******* with your emotions, i'd seriously look into it.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have two devices, one is always an iPhone and the other is some android. I used to be really excited about android phones because the manufactures were forced to differentiate themselves.

However, in 2014 and 2015 it seems like there is this race to the bottom. It's no longer a race to *beat* or even compete with the iPhone, it's like they are targeting the audience that ether doesn't want an iPhone or can't afford one. So instead of making something great, they make mid-tier phones that don't offer anything unique, or take away features that were useful.

As time goes on I get more and more bored with the android landscape. I was very excited for the Nexus announcement today but the presenter's total lack of enthusiasm kind of ruined it for me. Further, they didn't even bother to demo the stuff they talked about like the fingerprint scanner.

So I guess OP, i can relate to you in that way. When it comes to my iPhones though I have yet to be disappointed. I've owned every iPhone from the 3GS to the present and they have always been great devices. I really like apple's phones because of the passion they clearly have for them. You can tell when they are on stage that their excitement is genuine.

I also love that, to me, even though Apple hypes the iPhone in my mind it's always well deserved. I've never seen the ads or the keynotes and then got the iPhone in question and been like, "wow, it really was just a gimmick". I always feel like I get what I pay for with Apple, and I guess now I'm finally realizing I get what I pay for with Android..

FlyHigh365

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
If you came from an iPhone 6 just to get and iPhone 6s you're a fool and a sheep. Let's be honest. You basically wasted your money on a phone with 2 minimal upgrades. An iPhone 5s to and 6s is an upgrade. An iPhone 6 to an iPhone 7 would be a reasonable upgrade. Continue to follow like sheep and think you need the "upgrade" when you don't. Then you make threads like this. Idiocy.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I like having sex with girls and worrying about and getting excited over people, not some stupid device. If that's what your life has become, please call an 800 number. Like someone said earlier, we don't need any of this. I'm 35 years old. Half my life, there wasn't a portable phone that was accessible to all economic ranks. Other half there has been. I personally hate carrying around my phone. I hate going to places and seeing people's head's buried in them. I'm not into apps, although they have become a necessary evil. I hate when I watch QVC and the hosts say go to my facebook page every 45 seconds. We don't need products. Are they nice to have? Sure. But if it's ******* with your emotions, i'd seriously look into it.

Dolls_Laughing.gif

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I picked up the iPhone 6S plus with 128gb of int-storage, thought the phone was just too big to carry around all day, traded it back in for the iPhone 6S with 128gb of int-storage. Love it. Just as Powerful as the big brother and small enough to fit in my pocket. I have huge hands so the size didn't bother me to handle it but it wouldn't fit in my damn pocket. Best move I made. It's a great device.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
If you came from an iPhone 6 just to get and iPhone 6s you're a fool and a sheep. Let's be honest. You basically wasted your money on a phone with 2 minimal upgrades. An iPhone 5s to and 6s is an upgrade. An iPhone 6 to an iPhone 7 would be a reasonable upgrade. Continue to follow like sheep and think you need the "upgrade" when you don't. Then you make threads like this. Idiocy.

So. We've moved back from civilized conversations to calling people names. Bravo.

By the way, I use an iPhone, Android, Windows phone, and BlackBerry. I still upgraded from an iPhone 6 to a 6s. Sheep?

I think not.

If you find it to not be a worthy upgrade, good for you. Pat yourself on the back! However I did find it worth it. I like 3D touch now that I've learned it and live photos make my day. I like how the phone feels more sturdy and performance has definitely increased exponentially.

And there isn't anybody who truly needs an upgrade, we want them. We pay for them. That's that. =)

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Well my wife broke her 6. So I gave her mine and upgraded to a 6s 128 gb from my 6 64gb. Seemed like a reasonable thing.

People are going to spend their money on whatever they choose. Some people may have been able to justify the cost. Not sure it's for you to say whether someone wasted the money they earned.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal