Storage size

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

For some people, size matters. So I was wondering which storage size you got and why?

I got the 16 GB because all my media is stored on Google Drive and I listen to my music on Apple Music.
So 64 GB feels like it would have been a "waste" of space.

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I also got 16gb. But it's the last time in my lifetime.
It hasn't really been a problem, but it's also not convenient.

All my music is on my 80gb iPod Classic. Which leaves the rest for apps. All my photos are uploaded to Google Photos, which has unlimited storage.

So I've managed ways around only 16gb, but it's not ideal. I'm for sure getting 64GB on my iPhone 7

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
When the 5 and 5s came out and both had rumors of 128gb, I was hoping BIGTIME and was disappointed when they kept the top at 64gb. They came out with 128gb for the 6 and I clicked my heels. I have a large music collection and like it all on my phone. I have a lot of apps and take a lot of photos. With larger file sizes everything is taking up, I have 35gb left. I will always go for the higher capacities whenever they offer it.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
When the 5 and 5s came out and both had rumors of 128gb, I was hoping BIGTIME and was disappointed when they kept the top at 64gb. They came out with 128gb for the 6 and I clicked my heels. I have a large music collection and like it all on my phone. I have a lot of apps and take a lot of photos. With larger file sizes everything is taking up, I have 35gb left. I will always go for the higher capacities whenever they offer it.

Woah! That's a lot o.o
I had a 32GB 5S and I found out I was only using like 5 or 6GB of storage (just apps) so I decided that my upgrade would be 16GB =P

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I had the 16 gb iPhone 5. I was down to 2.7 gb available.
I got the 64 gb 6s Plus because this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443332735.697799.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
16GB is just too small so I got the 64GB version. I reeeally wished apple shipped a 32GB as the base model. That said, I can not fill up 64GB but if somehow I did, I have 130GB cloud storage that I can use to upload pictures if needed.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I got 64 this year only cus of price. Leasing with sprint I only paid 4$ more month. When paying contract price theb199.99$ vs the 299.99$ I went with 16 was always enough cus I only used my phone for calls camera I streamed music. Always had about 2.5 gigs. I always say if you do not need it and you know 16 is enough get what you need.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I always but the largest storage available. Most people go for the 64GB. For $100 more you can double that! Seem like bargain to me!

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
16GB is just too small so I got the 64GB version. I reeeally wished apple shipped a 32GB as the base model. That said, I can not fill up 64GB but if somehow I did, I have 130GB cloud storage that I can use to upload pictures if needed.

Definitely! A 32GB version would have been awesome =)

Gadgetry

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I went 64gb b/c I felt it'd give me room to grow if need be. I have plenty of cloud accounts but sometimes I just prefer things to be on the phone.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
That has always been my opinion I first joined this site I had so many people argue with me tell me I'm giving bad advice. I was actually told when discussing six with long time active member who still posts a lot today ( no name mention) if only model u can "afford" is 16 gb you shouldn't have a iPhone. I think statements like that are absurd " if you only using it for calling you don't need a iPhone" like everyone needs use there phone there entire life or something. People are different lifestyles are different. If low class citizen can only afford a 16gb they should have that option. That's beauty of the world were all different. Get what u need and what fits your budget and ignore everyone else. I know someone who still uses a 8gb 5c.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
That has always been my opinion I first joined this site I had so many people argue with me tell me I'm giving bad advice. I was actually told when discussing six with long time active member who still posts a lot today ( no name mention) if only model u can "afford" is 16 gb you shouldn't have a iPhone. I think statements like that are absurd " if you only using it for calling you don't need a iPhone" like everyone needs use there phone there entire life or something. People are different lifestyles are different. If low class citizen can only afford a 16gb they should have that option. That's beauty of the world were all different. Get what u need and what fits your budget and ignore everyone else. I know someone who still uses a 8gb 5c.

Voila! I can afford the 128GB but the 16GB fits my needs better =) It also has an integration with my Macbook and iPad.
And yeah, my bestie has a 8GB 5S she is fine with it (I wonder how she fits apps in there, but still =P ).

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
They made an 8GB version later on ;)
Or is it a 5?
Anyway, that is not the point XD
It has that number and it is a 8GB!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I personally won't go back to a 16gig phone. I don't want to have to store things in various online drives or worry about how much I'm installing or how many pics I have. The extra $100 is well worth that to me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox