Storage size

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
128 gig. I'll never get anything less. Since I used love photos and plan on taking 4K videos I'll need the storage. Best option ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I went with the 128 GB. Technically I could have gotten by with the 64 GB. I had the 64 GB 6 model. But I do a lot in terms of music and I seldomly remember to move my photos off (Even though they automatically upload to DropBox as well). I just wanted to make sure I NEVER had to worry about my storage. And the 128 GB allows that. I stream most of my music but sometimes I'm in areas with no data and I like to have music stored locally for those situations.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Well now I sure do feel alone in the 16GB category haha!!
You all have interesting answers, though!

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

famousherself

May 30, 2013
Visit site
The 6S is really disappointing me with the storage. On my iPhone 5S is more storage free and jailbroken what use the most space and I never got any problems with it.

iPhone 5S
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1444575914.995127.jpg

iPhone 6S
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1444575990.547425.jpg

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
That has always been my opinion I first joined this site I had so many people argue with me tell me I'm giving bad advice. I was actually told when discussing six with long time active member who still posts a lot today ( no name mention) if only model u can "afford" is 16 gb you shouldn't have a iPhone. I think statements like that are absurd " if you only using it for calling you don't need a iPhone" like everyone needs use there phone there entire life or something. People are different lifestyles are different. If low class citizen can only afford a 16gb they should have that option. That's beauty of the world were all different. Get what u need and what fits your budget and ignore everyone else. I know someone who still uses a 8gb 5c.

I can 'afford' 128gb. I can 'afford' a gold Apple Watch. But I don't need or want them. What one can 'afford' is often not the important factor and just because you may well have the money to buy the larger storage option doesn't always mean you should. Buy what will meet your requirements. If you want an iPhone for very basic tasks, the 16gb is what you need. If you want to carry as much media as possible, you'll need more. Buying more storage for the sake of it seems silly to me, but what do I know!? I seem to be the minority.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
The 6S is really disappointing me with the storage. On my iPhone 5S is more storage free and jailbroken what use the most space and I never got any problems with it.

iPhone 5S
View attachment 94542

iPhone 6S
View attachment 94543

So, you're comparing your iPhone 5s which is on a jailbroken iOS 8.4 to your new iPhone 6s, which is on the stock, non-jailbroken version of iOS 9.0, and there's a storage discrepancy between the two devices? With the 6s having less available storage? Just putting this out there as a theory but maybe the fact that you're on two DIFFERENT versions of iOS - with one of them being an older, jailbroken release MIGHT have something to do with this variation in available storage. You're not really comparing Apples to Apples storage wise here (pun intended). Yes, both are 16gb devices, but... they're not on the same version of iOS, as well - one of them is also jailbroken. Maybe your 5s being on a jailbroken iOS 8.4 could be the reason why you have more storage available on it than on your stock iOS 9.0 6s, idk??
I guess if jail breaking IS the reason for this discrepancy, then all I can say for you and your new 6s is to wait/hope for the iOS 9.x jailbreak to happen...

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
So, you're comparing your iPhone 5s which is on a jailbroken iOS 8.4 to your new iPhone 6s, which is on the stock, non-jailbroken version of iOS 9.0, and there's a storage discrepancy between the two devices? With the 6s having less available storage? Just putting this out there as a theory but maybe the fact that you're on two DIFFERENT versions of iOS - with one of them being an older, jailbroken release MIGHT have something to do with this variation in available storage. You're not really comparing Apples to Apples storage wise here (pun intended). Yes, both are 16gb devices, but... they're not on the same version of iOS, as well - one of them is also jailbroken. Maybe your 5s being on a jailbroken iOS 8.4 could be the reason why you have more storage available on it than on your stock iOS 9.0 6s, idk??
I guess if jail breaking IS the reason for this discrepancy, then all I can say for you and your new 6s is to wait/hope for the iOS 9.x jailbreak to happen...

...but didn't apple say there would be more space available in iOS 9? Maybe I'm wrong...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
...but didn't apple say there would be more space available in iOS 9? Maybe I'm wrong...

That was in reference to the space iOS 9 would need to download. That was for download only. It has no bearing on the space you now have available.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the 64GB 6+ and ordered the same for my 6S+. I can't do 16 anymore. The last time I had a 16GB iPhone my available storage was less than 1GB

Aceroller

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Well now I sure do fee alone in the 16GB category haha!!
You all have interesting answers, though!

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk

I am fine with 16GB. I keep all my pictures on the Google Photos app, and I use Spotify for music (I do keep a few playlists downloaded for offline use). I have about 35+ apps and about 5.5GB free. With 16GB you DO have to manage the storage (deleting photos after being backed up, etc.) but works for me..........your mileage may vary. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I am fine with 16GB. I keep all my pictures on the Google Photos app, and I use Spotify for music (I do keep a few playlists downloaded for offline use). I have about 35+ apps and about 5.5GB free. With 16GB you DO have to manage the storage (deleting photos after being backed up, etc.) but works for me..........your mileage may vary. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is EXACTLY what I do!
Google Photos auto backup and Spotify for music streaming (my carrier does not count data used toward that).

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

famousherself

May 30, 2013
Visit site

You don't need to explain it. I get it, 2 different iOS, device and everything. Apple said with proud iOS 9 takes 2GB space and didn't said anything about the other system storage what's used. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who was surprised by seeing '11.8gb free' so at the end is your conclusion more than logic after all. And ya I really need a jailbreak too. I don't update my iPhone just in case when 9.0 is only jail breakable. You never know...

svc1314

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I always max out on gb. I also have 50gb for iCloud because I don't have a laptop (so everything backs up on iCloud ).

It's a 4k camera and I plan on taking advantage of that.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I bought a 64GB last year (because they didn't have any 128GBs in stock), but this year I was able to snag a 128GB and I'm very happy about it. I have several thousand songs and well as dozens and dozens of movies from iTunes, so I can fill it up in no time (my iPad Air 2 is 128GB as well and it's filled to the brim).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro