No "battery prep" needed on new phones now right?

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Just confirming with the experts here, I think the latest information says it is no longer necessary to drain a new battery then recharge it after getting a new iPhone - not needed for best battery use, and not needed to calibrate the battery percentage available. Is that correct? Thanks!

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Nope, that is no longer a requirement, although you'll still find the old-timers who will hold onto that rule to the very end. I personally still do it (and did it with my iPhone 6s) just because. It doesn't do anything, but I like letting it run down and then going up to 100%

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The battery is Lithium Ion. They wo'nt develop the memory like NiCad batteries. But I feel that is still good to run the battery down and then re-charge it. I wouldn't run it down to )% but to about 10 - 20%.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
At the very least it will help calibrate the battery sensor in the iPhone to give proper drain measurements. I think a little while back there was a person who saw that the battery percentage dropped a few percent at once intermittently; I could most definitely be wrong though. The batteries themselves don't need to be drained all the way though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2