Howdy all!

I picked up my new 6S this morning from the Apple Store. Got home, activated the phone through Verizon's website, switched out my SIM and started the restore process. I wasn't even thinking that I can't restore my new iPhone from my 6 because it's running the iOS 9.1 beta. I've tried a couple times to downgrade to 9.0.1 () but they haven't been successful. I'm trying one last time to "update" like that article says as I type this.

My contacts are in my new phone from iCloud. I can add my email, reinstall my apps and have backups of my pictures. The only thing I'd really like to get into my new iPhone are my text conversations. Is there any way to transfer them over beside restoring? I read something about iCloud backing up text but I don't think I have enough room to back up all of my conversations (I get A LOT of pictures of my nephew).

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!!
    09-25-2015 10:16 PM
    This is the process I've followed since I had the iPhone 5: How to back up and restore Messages on a fresh iOS install

I'm not sure if it still works with iOS 9, but it worked flawlessly on 8, so I would assume it would still be effective with iOS 9. I hate doing iCloud backups, so this has been my go-to. Just make sure to follow the steps carefully.
    09-26-2015 09:29 AM
    Howdy all!

I picked up my new 6S this morning from the Apple Store. Got home, activated the phone through Verizon's website, switched out my SIM and started the restore process. I wasn't even thinking that I can't restore my new iPhone from my 6 because it's running the iOS 9.1 beta. I've tried a couple times to downgrade to 9.0.1 () but they haven't been successful. I'm trying one last time to "update" like that article says as I type this.

My contacts are in my new phone from iCloud. I can add my email, reinstall my apps and have backups of my pictures. The only thing I'd really like to get into my new iPhone are my text conversations. Is there any way to transfer them over beside restoring? I read something about iCloud backing up text but I don't think I have enough room to back up all of my conversations (I get A LOT of pictures of my nephew).

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!!
    Unless you have a backup of those messages from a previous iPhone using iOS 9.01 or earlier, you are not going to be able to restore those text messages at this time. You are going to have to upgrade the 6S to the 9.1 beta first. My apologies if I've misread your post.
    09-26-2015 10:56 AM
    T-Mobile here but I backed up my 9.1 pb2 iPhone 6, activated new 6s, updated the new phone to 9.1 then did an iTunes restore
    09-26-2015 11:47 AM
    Update the new phone to 9.1 then restore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-26-2015 12:07 PM
    Hey guys, when I did the update and restore, via iTunes, and then sign back into my emails my contacts are disappearing. People who are in my phone from the iCloud back up aren't there after signing into emails. Any suggestions?
    09-29-2015 08:35 PM
    Hey guys, when I did the update and restore, via iTunes, and then sign back into my emails my contacts are disappearing. People who are in my phone from the iCloud back up aren't there after signing into emails. Any suggestions?
    Check to make sure contacts is switched on under iCloud .. Or try turning off and back on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-29-2015 09:42 PM