Restoring new 6S from iOS 9.1 beta

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Howdy all!

I picked up my new 6S this morning from the Apple Store. Got home, activated the phone through Verizon's website, switched out my SIM and started the restore process. I wasn't even thinking that I can't restore my new iPhone from my 6 because it's running the iOS 9.1 beta. I've tried a couple times to downgrade to 9.0.1 () but they haven't been successful. I'm trying one last time to "update" like that article says as I type this.

My contacts are in my new phone from iCloud. I can add my email, reinstall my apps and have backups of my pictures. The only thing I'd really like to get into my new iPhone are my text conversations. Is there any way to transfer them over beside restoring? I read something about iCloud backing up text but I don't think I have enough room to back up all of my conversations (I get A LOT of pictures of my nephew).

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Howdy all!

I picked up my new 6S this morning from the Apple Store. Got home, activated the phone through Verizon's website, switched out my SIM and started the restore process. I wasn't even thinking that I can't restore my new iPhone from my 6 because it's running the iOS 9.1 beta. I've tried a couple times to downgrade to 9.0.1 () but they haven't been successful. I'm trying one last time to "update" like that article says as I type this.

My contacts are in my new phone from iCloud. I can add my email, reinstall my apps and have backups of my pictures. The only thing I'd really like to get into my new iPhone are my text conversations. Is there any way to transfer them over beside restoring? I read something about iCloud backing up text but I don't think I have enough room to back up all of my conversations (I get A LOT of pictures of my nephew).

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!!

Unless you have a backup of those messages from a previous iPhone using iOS 9.01 or earlier, you are not going to be able to restore those text messages at this time. You are going to have to upgrade the 6S to the 9.1 beta first. My apologies if I've misread your post.

SoleLo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, when I did the update and restore, via iTunes, and then sign back into my emails my contacts are disappearing. People who are in my phone from the iCloud back up aren't there after signing into emails. Any suggestions?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, when I did the update and restore, via iTunes, and then sign back into my emails my contacts are disappearing. People who are in my phone from the iCloud back up aren't there after signing into emails. Any suggestions?

Check to make sure contacts is switched on under iCloud .. Or try turning off and back on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73