Android User contemplating Iphone

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
No lag (don't compare to high end android phone), better os support (means u can use the phone for 3 years at least with updated os), and better privacy setting in some area.

With your existing amazon for music storage/cloud and g?ogle services for drive and photo storage, apple music and icloud won't make any differences (on the other hand, apple music and icloud wiĺl tight u with their ecosystem :p)

Features / gimmick, clearly android is better (again, must match with high end phone as well to use smoothly)

Compatibility - prepare to "work around" just to do simple task, eg sharing file to android or others os anything without apple branded gadgets/electronic :p

Ps : i used both, so, i'm not one either both diehard fanboy (it's silly) :p

Posted via the iMore App for Android

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a Note 5 right now and that phone is a beast. It is by far the best Android device I have ever used. There are many such devices out there which are very cool. Samsung can use regular magnetic card readers for example. There is laser focusing. Incredible screens. Virtual reality. So many cool nerdy things all for much lower prices than Apple.

The issue is that Android, the operating system, is still allowing things to happen in the background which shouldn't. Google services will not behave. I love Google Now but it won't behave. Apps don't behave, the more serious offenders being Facebook and Facebook Messenger. The number of wakelocks I have to track down is irksome. Each time Google asks for location services permissions, I have to think really hard in what they will screw up and if it is worth the battery hit.

Once Google really starts making their OS fork behave, I don't think many will want to deal with it. Google needs to realize that people are choosing iPhones, with specs many years behind, in leu of this awesome technology mind you, because iOS has control. It doesn't allow any of the Android behaviors even Android users abhor. Many phone users have no idea how to root and even if they did, wireless providers are locking the bootloaders such that if they even try, the phone will not turn on any more. With google adopting non-removable batteries though, I think we'll start seeing them provide the behavior most people want to see. I still find it sad that ROM makers are able to make better forks than Google.

mford400

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I've been an android user for years now and I've always been curious about trying the iPhone, but never got around to it. But I've decided to give it a go this time, and so far I like it a lot. The os is very smooth and most importantly no lag. My last phone the note 4 lagged a lot at times. Waiting for updates were no fun either. So far it may be awhile before I try android again. Don't be afraid to give it a shot. It there were ever a time, this is it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
in the end it all comes down to personal preference.. most everything that you can do on android you can also do on iOS. There is a few features that make it nice to own multiple apple products IE regular text messages and phone calls coming in on your macbook pro or iPad even if the iPhone is upstairs (example).

people tend to think that there is this huge difference between types of phones.. one thing thats nice about iOS is that apple also builds the hardware for it so most the time its extremely smooth and fast even after years of using the phone.

from a straight functionality aspect its so similar you won't miss anything.

in the end its going to come down to what feels right in your hand..

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
So what things in your humble opinion should I consider if I want to make my decision coming over to the Apple iPhone.

Its user experience. What I've concluded with Android you have to "mess with it" a little bit more to do what you want (at least in my experience with it). With iOS it will just do what you want at the expense of a little bit of customization. I don't care that I can't change my launcher, I think the iOS springboard is fantastic, especially powered by the A9. It just screams. The hardware optimization on iOS is leaps and bounds over Android, even if you have an octacore or whatever.

If you're curious about the newest phones, you should go with the 6s Plus, which is arguably better than the 6s in terms of minute features. You came from Android so you're obviously not afraid of big phones. You get a 1080p screen over a slighty lower res on the 6s, you get a bigger and more longevic battery, and the camera adds a bonus of optical image stabilization.

And if you want to get into the nitty gritty of why iOS apps are (or most of which soon set to be) superior than their Android counterparts its called Swift. The new programming language Apple has come up with to power their phones brings the language closer to the hardware and improves performance dramatically.

What it boils down to is this: Apple designs their hardware and software in house so the performance is going to be superior. Benchmarks show this already. The single core A9 score beats a single core score on my i7 quad in my Macbook Pro (granted its a late 2013 model). Then you look at Android--which is designed by Google and then licensed out to other vendors. There isn't that perfect 'fit' between the core OS and the hardware like you have with iOS (or OS X for that matter).

clemson77on

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I just made the switch from Android (HTC One M7) to the iPhone 6s. I mainly did it because my wife has an iPhone and I'd like us to be on the same ecosystem. I've only had it for a few days but here are my impressions so far FWIW:

Pros:
*Solid hardware
*Just about everybody has an iPhone so iMessage and Facetime is nice to have
*Some of the apps seem a little more polished
*Battery so far has been really good

Cons:
*I haven't been able to find anything remotely close to Tasker. I just simply want to have my phone switchto vibrate when I'm on wi-fi at work or during certain times.
*Keyboard is so bare bones. I'd just like to see long press for numbers and punctuation added. I'm giving it a few more days but I see myself switching to Swiftkey and hope it works better.
*Siri isn't near as good as I'd hoped. Hey Siri only works about 50% of the time.
*This is a big one for me - I can't text from my computer anymore. I used Mightytext with Android to text from my work computer. With the iPhone, that's not possible without using a Mac, which isn't an option at work.

Hopefully, somebody will call me out on some of these cons and tell me there are solutions because I'd like to stick with the iPhone.

shoaib shah

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Its user experience. What I've concluded with Android you have to "mess with it" a little bit more to do what you want (at least in my experience with it). With iOS it will just do what you want at the expense of a little bit of customization. I don't care that I can't change my launcher, I think the iOS springboard is fantastic, especially powered by the A9. It just screams. The hardware optimization on iOS is leaps and bounds over Android, even if you have an octacore or whatever.

If you're curious about the newest phones, you should go with the 6s Plus, which is arguably better than the 6s in terms of minute features. You came from Android so you're obviously not afraid of big phones. You get a 1080p screen over a slighty lower res on the 6s, you get a bigger and more longevic battery, and the camera adds a bonus of optical image stabilization.

And if you want to get into the nitty gritty of why iOS apps are (or most of which soon set to be) superior than their Android counterparts its called Swift. The new programming language Apple has come up with to power their phones brings the language closer to the hardware and improves performance dramatically.

What it boils down to is this: Apple designs their hardware and software in house so the performance is going to be superior. Benchmarks show this already. The single core A9 score beats a single core score on my i7 quad in my Macbook Pro (granted its a late 2013 model). Then you look at Android--which is designed by Google and then licensed out to other vendors. There isn't that perfect 'fit' between the core OS and the hardware like you have with iOS (or OS X for that matter).

Thanks in the years at Android I have seen myself going towards having a minimalist user experience. Instead of 7 home pages I have just once as shown below.

I am looking at my options for upgrading next year as I am still only 6 months into my current contract. Will upgrade to the IPhone 6s plus probably as I am use to phablet size screen having had a Galaxy note 2 before.

Attachments

• 84479.jpg
    84479.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 15

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73